Now I Need A New Rack!

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
Re: Now I Need A New Rack!
« Reply #40 on: 3 Oct 2009, 02:18 pm »
....and now for something completely different...I think I'm having buyers remorse on my Bryston purchases! 

After seeing some of the great pics of the silver gear I almost wish I had not gotten all black components.  Although, it is nice that when I turn down the lights everything disappears except the green lights and the music.....now if only there were some meters!

For me, aluminium finish was the only way to go for my application. With the 28Bs, I wanted to see the contours of the handles and front panel - this was not as pronounced when I was looking at the black components. If I was using a system for home Theatre applications, I would of went with the black finish.

Compare the detail of the Bryston components to the Marantz CD player. You can easily see the contouring of the BP26 while you cannot make out very much detail on the Marantz CD player. You can even notice the Bryston logos.

Even a close-up of the Marantz gear shows very little detail, these components are going back to Home Theatre applications so it is not very important to see a great amount of detail and they will not reflect a lot of light.

Be well...   

KeithA

« Reply #41 on: 3 Oct 2009, 08:23 pm »
I think I've decided on this one...in a finish other than black, of course  :wink:

Keith

drummermitchell

« Reply #42 on: 3 Oct 2009, 08:57 pm »
nice,and not to pricey with class :thumb:.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #43 on: 3 Oct 2009, 09:04 pm »
....and now for something completely different...I think I'm having buyers remorse on my Bryston purchases! 

After seeing some of the great pics of the silver gear I almost wish I had not gotten all black components.  Although, it is nice that when I turn down the lights everything disappears except the green lights and the music.....now if only there were some meters!

For me, aluminium finish was the only way to go for my application. With the 28Bs, I wanted to see the contours of the handles and front panel - this was not as pronounced when I was looking at the black components. If I was using a system for home Theatre applications, I would of went with the black finish.

Compare the detail of the Bryston components to the Marantz CD player. You can easily see the contouring of the BP26 while you cannot make out very much detail on the Marantz CD player. You can even notice the Bryston logos.

Even a close-up of the Marantz gear shows very little detail, these components are going back to Home Theatre applications so it is not very important to see a great amount of detail and they will not reflect a lot of light.

Be well...

Laundrew,

regarding your room with the 28&JBL...where do you sit?

al.

b5pt9

« Reply #44 on: 3 Oct 2009, 09:09 pm »
Laundrew doesn't have to sit - he's the small robot in front of the table.  You thought he was human? :scratch: :D

Laundrew

« Reply #45 on: 3 Oct 2009, 09:35 pm »
Laundrew doesn't have to sit - he's the small robot in front of the table.  You thought he was human? :scratch: :D

Drats - BUSTED!!!

Laundrew

« Reply #46 on: 3 Oct 2009, 09:42 pm »

Be well...

Laundrew,

regarding your room with the 28&JBL...where do you sit?

al.

Hi al,

Directly in front of my stereo, my chair (outside of the picture) is just past the yellow robot arm you see on my desk.  The sound is even awesome at the green chair (left of the picture)!

Be well...

Directly

Laundrew

« Reply #47 on: 3 Oct 2009, 10:32 pm »
I think I've decided on this one...in a finish other than black, of course  :wink:

Keith

I like it! Perhaps an oak or maple finish?

Be well...

KeithA

« Reply #48 on: 3 Oct 2009, 11:29 pm »

Keith

Be well...

Cherry...(far right of pic)  :wink:

Laundrew

« Reply #49 on: 4 Oct 2009, 12:58 am »
 :drool: :!:

Robert D

« Reply #50 on: 4 Oct 2009, 01:49 am »

Keith

Be well...

Cherry...(far right of pic)  :wink:

Cherry as is the same as my Color :drool:

Hebrew Hammer

• Industry Participant
  • www.Randall-K.com
« Reply #51 on: 4 Oct 2009, 01:52 am »
linky?

Keith

Robert D

« Reply #52 on: 4 Oct 2009, 02:01 am »
Keith, When you will open the Boxes of the rack you will see that they look a lot lighter
Then the catalog. It?s the type of Cherry wood very light from Sweden.

They say that over time the cherry wood will darken over time when exposed
to light, just like my rack has changed alittle darker.

Robert

Robert D

« Reply #53 on: 4 Oct 2009, 02:04 am »
linky?

Keith
Its just missing the Bryston Gear Mr Hammer

KeithA

« Reply #54 on: 4 Oct 2009, 02:20 am »
Keith, When you will open the Boxes of the rack you will see that they look a lot lighter

Robert

Absolutely...my B&W speakers are natural cherry and they have aged well over time (a richer, deeper colour now).

My buddy has the same speakers and his have even turned darker than mine. However, my room has no windows, so not exposed to as much light.

I will call Claude on Monday to look at pricing and ordering the rack.

Keith

robb

« Reply #55 on: 5 Oct 2009, 01:27 am »
Anybody know where that cool Solid Tech rack can be purchased in the USA?

Rob

1ZIP

« Reply #56 on: 5 Oct 2009, 01:59 am »
I think this is the North American Distributor:

USA:
Audio Plus Services
Tel. 800 663 9352
www.audioplusservices.com

An email/call should provide a dealer.

KeithA

« Reply #57 on: 5 Oct 2009, 12:13 pm »
linky?

Keith
Its just missing the Bryston Gear Mr Hammer

Hmmm..I've been talking to Bjorn via email and only the top shelf can be 'suspended'. That's not much good since that was the intended home of the center channel speaker.

So, not sure now what path I'm going to go down :(

Keith

KeithA

« Reply #58 on: 6 Oct 2009, 03:24 pm »

Robert

Robert

I spoke to Rob at Son Ideal today and it looks like I will likely go with two (2) Radius Solo 3's (with a speaker stand in the middle for the center channel.

This will allow the top 2 shelves to float as opposed to the rigid Solo 6...and about the same price.

Keith

werd

« Reply #59 on: 6 Oct 2009, 05:55 pm »
Hello folks

Here is an overexaggerated example of what resonance can do to your gear if not properly supported by a decent stand. A good stand will remain stiff and not resonate when mechanical vibration is present. Including low freq resonance from subs,it can build up overtime and cause havoc on your front end.  Basically shaking and causing nonlinearity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0Fi1VcbpAI