Not
5 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Chromecast Audio. Game changer or not?

haiderSonneteer

• Industry Participant
  • Managing Director and Founder at Sonneteer
    • Sonneteer, made in Britain since 1994
Re: Chromecast Audio. Game changer or not?
« Reply #20 on: 20 Oct 2016, 12:48 pm »
Anyone had any more experience with Chromecast Audio they would like to share?

Google are building an eco system with Google home. How does that play with anyone?

Haider
sonneteer.co.uk

mrhyfy

« Reply #21 on: 20 Oct 2016, 01:45 pm »
Anyone try casting music to the HDMI version, connected to a Home theater receiver?
Perhaps it will not down sample hi rez music?

avta

« Reply #22 on: 20 Oct 2016, 02:27 pm »
i've had a Chromecast Audio for a few months. I have it connected to a Devialet 120 via an optical cable. My speakers are Joseph Pulsars. I've been pleasantly surprised at how good it sounds. I use an iOS app called Tunein Radio to cast internet stations and an app called Musicstreamer to play from my music library via an Apple Airport Extreme. I have an external HD connected via USB to my router so I'm using that to cast to the CCA. Initially I had some problems with the Tunein app as it would not cast consistently but they recently upgraded the app and I hope it will be more reliable. I would say the the SQ with the CCA is better than what I had heard previously from my Mac Mini. I wasn't expecting that but I now think that is the case. It's very easy to set  up and use. A real game changer in my view.

haiderSonneteer

• Industry Participant
  • Managing Director and Founder at Sonneteer
    • Sonneteer, made in Britain since 1994
« Reply #23 on: 20 Oct 2016, 02:31 pm »
Thank you that's really good to know.

I have been running one for a while and the sound quality has been a revelation for something so inexpensive. Very listenable to and comparable to much more expensive product even using its internal DAC.

It's not at the highest end for High res but there are other solutions for that and who knows what the future brings?

Haider