New Absolute Sound review of our T10 RB tube preamp and SET 120 power amp

avahifi

See page 72 of the January issue for the really nice review.

Frank

simon wagstaff

I really enjoy my SET 120 and am wrestling between it and an Odyssey Kismet. I dont need the power and the SET 12o seems more incisive. Taking my time, enjoy both.

AvsFan

See page 72 of the January issue for the really nice review.

Frank

Is there a link to this review? I have stopped by my local Barnes & Nobles three times and they still have the Dec issue. I am VERY anxious to see the results of this combo as I am ready to make a purchase and the T10 and SET 120 are on my VERY short list of what I want to buy.

dB Cooper

The satisfaction guarantee would be worth more to me than the opinion of some reviewer who will be in love with something else next month. His opinion (which is all it is, TAS being 100% subjective) is no more valid than yours. Stereophile gave one amp that was an exact copy of an AVA amp a 'Class A' rating on its 'Recommended Components' list once; the original AVA amp it was copied from made 'Class D'. These people are not omniscient, or audio gods; they are just nerds with good writing skills who have figured out a way to monetize their audio fetish.

You might want to go back to the first year of Frank's 'Audio Basics' newsletter, available on his website, and read the article "How to Read an Underground Audio Magazine"; his points there are still valid.

Meanwhile, I'd place your oredr.

AvsFan

You didn't think I was going to base my buying decision off of a review from TAS did you??? LOL  :D

I would NEVER do that. I just like seeing audio equipment that I am potentially purchasing in magazines. It's just fun to read. Funny thing is, one of the other pieces of equipment that I was looking into was the Sprout 100 and they reviewed that in the December issue. I am sure the AVA gear blows it away though. But it's still a nice little convenient piece of gear.