SOLD: Hawthorne Sterling Silver Iris 15" Duets (and extras) $700 OBO

jdaun

DIY open baffle speakers featuring the Hawthorne Sterling Silver Iris 15" coaxial driver, and Hawthorne 15" Augies for bass augmentation.

Baffles are 4 layers of 3/4" baltic birch ply with Oak trim.  Bases contain the crossovers, are sand filled, and have feet for leveling.

Crossovers are wired point-to-point, with decent components (massive Jantzen Wax Coil Copper foil inductors, Obbligato Gold caps, etc).

Also included are a pair of 8" Tang Band W8-2145 full range drivers, and MDF adapters as shown in photo (so you can choose to use either the Hawthorne Sterling Silver Iris drivers, or the Tang Band drivers).  The adapter plates also fit the Tang Band W8-1808 drivers, if you wanted to play with those in the future.

I built a different pair of DIY speakers recently, and no longer have room for these, so they gotta go.  I failed to take decent photos before I took them out of service, but could take more photos if needed.

The Augies require separate subwoofer amplifiers, which are not included.

Make me a reasonable offer.  Available for local pickup in Boulder CO (about 20 miles outside Denver). 

« Last Edit: 27 Sep 2022, 03:49 pm by jdaun »

hum4god

Re: FS: Hawthorne Sterling Silver Iris 15" Duets (and extras)
« Reply #1 on: 14 Dec 2020, 05:12 am »
looks like a nice built , but you need to list your asking price :

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=454.msg3232#msg3232

Slam

Re: FS: Hawthorne Sterling Silver Iris 15" Duets (and extras)
« Reply #2 on: 15 Dec 2020, 06:27 pm »
Are you willing to ship?

jdaun

Just added my asking price to the listing, thanks for pointing that out hum4god.

Slam - thanks for your interest, however I'm not willing to ship as each speaker weighs at least 150 lbs.  Sorry.

I *might* be willing to ship the raw Hawthorne drivers plus crossover at some point in the future, if I'm unable to sell the complete speakers to a local buyer.