Super V Sound

Danny Richie

Re: Super V Sound
« Reply #140 on: 6 Mar 2012, 01:27 am »
I talked to Gary about this today and a new power supply sample is on the way.

freerider

« Reply #141 on: 6 Mar 2012, 06:27 am »
« Last Edit: 7 Mar 2012, 06:52 am by freerider »

freerider

« Reply #142 on: 6 Mar 2012, 06:29 am »
« Last Edit: 7 Mar 2012, 06:52 am by freerider »

ricardojoa

« Reply #143 on: 6 Mar 2012, 10:41 am »
Hi there,
i was curious if these speaker needs to be listened from the front? For example, do they make sound from 90 off axis? Not that i would sit at 90 off axis, but i dont normally listening music at one sweet spot, i rather walk around the room doing other things.

nickd

« Reply #144 on: 6 Mar 2012, 08:27 pm »
You can walk around the room and listen to the Super V :thumb:

The Super V puts the Concert in the room. To get the 3D "audiophile" imaging however the sweetspot is the place to be. I crank mine all day on Saturdays with Pandora playing from my Sonos going through a PS Audio DAC / Pre and a big PBN EB1 solid state amp providing the juice. 

the entire house is alive with sound when I'm doing chores and whatnot. When a favorite song comes on I'll take a break, park on in the listening seat and back off the volume a notch or 10 :lol:

A loudspeaker you can live with on a quiet night listening to candle lit Classical or shake the windows with AC/DC. They really sing with female vocal 8)

ricardojoa

« Reply #145 on: 7 Mar 2012, 06:16 am »
You can walk around the room and listen to the Super V :thumb:

The Super V puts the Concert in the room. To get the 3D "audiophile" imaging however the sweetspot is the place to be. I crank mine all day on Saturdays with Pandora playing from my Sonos going through a PS Audio DAC / Pre and a big PBN EB1 solid state amp providing the juice. 

the entire house is alive with sound when I'm doing chores and whatnot. When a favorite song comes on I'll take a break, park on in the listening seat and back off the volume a notch or 10 :lol:

A loudspeaker you can live with on a quiet night listening to candle lit Classical or shake the windows with AC/DC. They really sing with female vocal 8)

Thanks nickd,
did you build your own or had someone built for you? Any recommendation on who actually build these?

LarryB

« Reply #146 on: 7 Mar 2012, 06:27 pm »
Speakers that sound okay outside of the sweet spot have a wide and even dispersion (i.e., even power spectrum). In fact, a number of designers (Earl Geddes and Andrew Jones, to name two) believe that speakers with such properties sound better in the sweet spot than do speakers with uneven power spectra. 

All else being equal (which it never is :)  ), coaxial speakers may have an advantage in this regard.

Larry 

freerider

« Reply #147 on: 7 Mar 2012, 07:34 pm »
Are there any Super Vs in the Seattle, WA or Lake Forest, CA region?