can I really just stick the servo OB woofs on a board?

drphoto

Ok, I'm convinced I want the servo OB woofs and the plate amp. they're already in my checkout cart. My plan is to just put them in 1" or so MDF  baffles just slightly larger than the woofer, glued to a base plate making a "L". (with maybe some sort of 45º brace) I plan to run 2 drivers.

Will this really work? It seems way too cheap and simple. Do I really need some sort of complex box? I don't have the skills to build the W design shown on the website, though I suppose I could contract it.

TomS

Re: can I really just stick the servo OB woofs on a board?
« Reply #1 on: 28 Dec 2008, 11:36 am »
You might inquire if Eric would do a "flat pack" of the wood parts and just glue them together yourself.  Shouldn't be too bad since you don't have to do the cutting.

Marbles

« Reply #2 on: 28 Dec 2008, 01:03 pm »
DrPhoto and Tom, if you want to come over and listen to my "boxy" servo subs, you are more than welcome.

Just drop me a PM and we'll work out a time.

Drphoto, there has to be (kitchen, bath etc..) cabinet makers around that could easily and cheaply build you any type of OB box you want them to.

TomS

« Reply #3 on: 28 Dec 2008, 02:20 pm »
DrPhoto and Tom, if you want to come over and listen to my "boxy" servo subs, you are more than welcome.

Just drop me a PM and we'll work out a time.

Drphoto, there has to be (kitchen, bath etc..) cabinet makers around that could easily and cheaply build you any type of OB box you want them to.
I believe I heard them the other day all the way over at my little shack... :wink:

EARGASM

• No thanks.
« Reply #4 on: 28 Dec 2008, 04:25 pm »
Removed by member.
« Last Edit: 25 Sep 2009, 04:17 pm by EARGASM »

Chops

« Reply #5 on: 28 Dec 2008, 04:31 pm »

Now, you can't just make one out of cardboard...  :wink:

Eric

Even I wouldn't try that with large drivers.  :lol:

drphoto

« Reply #6 on: 28 Dec 2008, 05:08 pm »
Thanks guys. Hey Marbles, if you're ever down this way again, you've got to hear these revamped Merlins. Night and day difference. Along w/ some GIK panels to tame the room echo, the rig sounds very very good. Just needs some quality low end.

Danny Richie

« Reply #7 on: 28 Dec 2008, 06:39 pm »
Looks like you guys have it all figured out.  :thumb: