has anyone ever heard one of these before?

jcotner

Re: has anyone ever heard one of these before?
« Reply #100 on: 11 Jun 2012, 08:39 am »
Why not live up to the standard Danny has set and avoid derailing this thread by smearing another manufacturer's forum?    :wink:

I can relate to other forums where if you don't write happy enough you are
summarily dismissed. Been there, done that. Hats off to Danny for allowing
what many others would not tolerate. Good speaker design requires good
debate.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #101 on: 11 Jun 2012, 11:22 am »
Gedlee speakers arent like typical horns at all, they definitely need to be heard.
+1

paulspencer

« Reply #102 on: 11 Jun 2012, 02:19 pm »
speaking of geddes..  do they have that horn honk? I would like to hear em, but the WAF is so low i doubt I could ever bring a pair in.  the youtube video's of the danleys seem to have a little horn sound to em i tihnk. anyone else hear that?

and I agree with the above poster. Danny is the man! I hope that DS-21 guy puts his money where his mouth is and takes Danny up on the demo of those berhingers. Sadly, he seems like the typical AVS guy :duh: haha

Every recording of a system playing a recording I hear has two problems:

1. It's a recording of a recording
2. It's coming through my PC speakers

So I can't comment.

What you really need in those videos is to hear a comparison to another speaker to give some context.

johnzm

« Reply #103 on: 11 Jun 2012, 03:52 pm »
Every recording of a system playing a recording I hear has two problems:

1. It's a recording of a recording
2. It's coming through my PC speakers

So I can't comment.

What you really need in those videos is to hear a comparison to another speaker to give some context.

while I generally agree with what you are saying (which made me hesitant to actually mention it) some things like clipping even in a youtube could be heard if the sound is decent enough. Danley was nice enough to post some decently high fidelity recordings. I also used a set of headphones to listen to the videos. the jericho horn is particularly impressive in its ability to project sound a very long ways and still sound decent. I still would like to demo a pair of them, and hope to when all the Danley guys get back from Vegas. I am also interested in hearing the geddes speakers.  Anyone in the ATL area willing to let me listen to their geddes?   :D

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #104 on: 11 Jun 2012, 04:01 pm »
Anyone in the ATL area willing to let me listen to their geddes?   :D
I'm in CLT.

stu

« Reply #105 on: 11 Jun 2012, 07:23 pm »
DS-21,

where are you in GA? I am near Lawrenceville and would split shipping, if you wanted to.

Johnzm,
I am in the ATL area, and last year I had these test speakers for a few weeks.  In total, about 16-17 audiophile friemds were able to demo them.  Switching between the crossovers is easy with the system Danny installed.  Each person that heard them was able to hear a difference between the standard and the upgraded crossover, and each person preferred the upgraded crossover.  One guy brought his non-audiophile wife along, and at one point during the switching she commented that "those just sound clearer to me", meaning the upgraded crossover. It was really easy to hear the differences once you got a feel for each one. Like Danny said, the more revealing the system, the easier it is to hear those difference.  And yes, I did gladly pay shipping to the next guy on the list.   :D
Mark

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #106 on: 11 Jun 2012, 07:42 pm »
Is this what you are talking about?

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=96514.0

stu

« Reply #107 on: 11 Jun 2012, 09:11 pm »
Is this what you are talking about?

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=96514.0

Yes, those are the ones.  Each speaker has 3 switches on the back which allow you to change between the 2 crossovers mounted inside.  It is an easy way to demo the differences between a stock crossover and one with upgraded parts.

Mark

tesseract

« Reply #108 on: 11 Jun 2012, 11:11 pm »
I can relate to other forums where if you don't write happy enough you are
summarily dismissed. Been there, done that. Hats off to Danny for allowing
what many others would not tolerate. Good speaker design requires good
debate.

Agreed about the discussion. But he can give Danny props without bashing others, correct? FWIW, CHT has been disparaged at Audioholics and AVS, posts deleted, threads whitewashed. As an owner of Danny's work and a moderator for CHT, I don't want to see that drama here.

Perhaps it is best to just stay on topic.  :thumb: