..happy camper

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
..happy camper
« on: 19 Jun 2020, 11:16 pm »

kgturner

Re: ..happy camper
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jun 2020, 11:20 pm »
I bet there are a couple of sore movers out there.....

Congrats!

WGH

« Reply #2 on: 20 Jun 2020, 12:13 am »
Looking good! One more item checked off the bucket list.

Delacroix

« Reply #3 on: 20 Jun 2020, 01:02 am »
Gavin

Wow --- move up from the 5 Annis to these? Don't want to know how much....but congrats.

P

dpatters

« Reply #4 on: 20 Jun 2020, 12:57 pm »
That’s some real eye candy right there. Enjoy!!

Don P

mhconley

« Reply #5 on: 20 Jun 2020, 03:34 pm »
Very nice! I'd wager those sound very close to the Ultra 11's. Dreaming of the day I find a pair of 5 Annies in my price range. Still, I love my VR-4 Gen III HSEs.

Martin

SundayNiagara

« Reply #6 on: 20 Jun 2020, 04:25 pm »
Mazel tov. :)

violetmachan

« Reply #7 on: 21 Jun 2020, 03:34 pm »
Congrats Gavin
Way to go..you finally made that magical jump all the way to the ultra 9’s
I am sure you’ll enjoy countless hours and hours of listening
Takes years to unlock the magic of the 9’s
Cheers
Sam

walterslw

« Reply #8 on: 28 Oct 2020, 07:07 pm »
Holy CRAP - congrats!   How was the improvement over the 5 Anni's.   I still have my 5 Anni's last gen ....   But I recon there is a big jump up in performance?

Tom Bombadil

« Reply #9 on: 29 Oct 2020, 01:49 am »
A dream which I will never realize.

Enjoy!

RH37

« Reply #10 on: 2 Nov 2020, 01:56 am »
Kudos, you have reached the summit!

SeagoatLeo

« Reply #11 on: 3 Nov 2020, 03:15 am »
The Ultra 9s are the finest speakers I can imagine for my listening room.   They should sound just like Ultra 11s I've heard but oriented to smaller rooms.  I cannot imagine Ultra 11s in my room and probably not in your room either unless it is much deeper and larger than your photo.  I've never heard anything better and even my wife wants me to get the 9s after hearing the 11s.  I only need another $150K.  Maybe when I'm 70.

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #12 on: 18 Nov 2020, 04:25 pm »
..hey there guys I haven’t logged in here for quite some time and just now am seeing your posts.   Yes the 9s sound nearly identical to the 11s with perhaps the size of the respective sound stages.  That’s not to imply the 9s don’t throw a huge sound stage...they certainly do.  As good as my VR5 Annies were sonics here are now in a different stratosphere.  I guess the best praise would be to say on well recorded live performances the “you are there” factor is off the charts.  I played the Martin Sexton track “There Go I” for a couple of buddies and they commented that they’d never before felt as though were actually in attendance to this extent.  If you have a chance to hear the Ultra 9s I’m sure you will agree that they are SOTA and then some!

Big Red Machine

« Reply #13 on: 18 Nov 2020, 04:54 pm »
Fantastic. We live vicariously through you!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

walterslw

« Reply #14 on: 26 Nov 2020, 10:55 pm »
..hey there guys I haven’t logged in here for quite some time and just now am seeing your posts.   Yes the 9s sound nearly identical to the 11s with perhaps the size of the respective sound stages.  That’s not to imply the 9s don’t throw a huge sound stage...they certainly do.  As good as my VR5 Annies were sonics here are now in a different stratosphere.  I guess the best praise would be to say on well recorded live performances the “you are there” factor is off the charts.  I played the Martin Sexton track “There Go I” for a couple of buddies and they commented that they’d never before felt as though were actually in attendance to this extent.  If you have a chance to hear the Ultra 9s I’m sure you will agree that they are SOTA and then some!

I need to start playing the lotto  :green: .   @es347- will be sending you a PM as I wanted to ask you about your amps ;-)