New VR-3 owner to be!

fz1jmp

New VR-3 owner to be!
« on: 9 Jan 2012, 02:09 am »
Hello All;
What a wonderful group you have here, excellent information!! So here is my story; I've been listening to music much of my 53 years. I've had mostly mid-fi system, raising 8 kids not only takes a boatload of money, it also takes a lot of space and time. In the last few years I have been working on moving into the hi-fi world a bit more. I really enjoy buying, tweaking and then letting the upgrade bug take me to the next thing. I've been enjoying my current setup; Pass Aleph 2 mono blocks, Cary SLP-50B tube pre (love the silky smooth tube sound), Totem Hawk speakers, VPI Scout JMW-9 arm w/ Dynavector DV20H cart, MHDT Paradisea 3 dec (tube also, love rolling them) and Cal Audio Delta transport. I heard a pair of VR-3's years ago and was really blown away buy the sound, but kind of forgot about them until I saw a great deal and they are on the way!
So, any tips on setup would be super appreciated. Actually any comments would be great! I sent an email to the company for the manual, I notice its not on-line. If anyone has an e-copy, well that would be gravy! Anyway, I look forward to enjoying this community and hopefully contributing. Jack

JackD201

Re: New VR-3 owner to be!
« Reply #1 on: 9 Jan 2012, 10:36 am »
Hey there jack!

Corr (ceedee) has a pair of VR-3s at home. He's the Benelux dealer of VSA and has been working with the company much longer than we have. He's the guy that comes to mind right away when it comes to the threes.

Welcome to the forum and we all hope you enjoy it here. We're a funny and diverse bunch for sure!  :thumb:

also Jack  :D

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #2 on: 9 Jan 2012, 04:42 pm »
Hello,

Good to read you 'scored' apair of VR 3.
They are very realistic like the VR 4 gen I.

They also are easy to place and tune since the top is nearly open.
I have to look in my analog files, there might be one manual left.

See also the archive:

http://www.vonschweikert.com/vrline/VR-3M.HTM

http://www.soundstage.com/das_vr3.htm

Hold on,

Cor

fz1jmp

« Reply #3 on: 9 Jan 2012, 09:41 pm »
Well thank you for the hellos and good links! I've been out there researching away, I have to say, I am more excited for this particular speaker then I have been for any others. The Hawks are very musical, excellent miss and highs. I'm starting to notice I need a bit "more', maybe some grunty lows, or a fuller sound, hence my changing. I'm hoping the VR3's are that speaker I'm looking for. I understand the original owner sent them back to VSA for upgrading. I'm understand it was tweeters and crossover that was upgraded, so I'm really wondering what that upgrade was? I saw on here that VSA had a 3.5 upgrade available for some time, maybe??
Anyway, look forward to enjoying the forum and thanks again.

VICIII

« Reply #4 on: 22 Feb 2020, 09:42 pm »
Reviving an old thread but did anyone find the Manual?
I have just bought VR3s and would love to see the manual.

Jayzee

« Reply #5 on: 27 Jul 2021, 08:04 pm »
Did you get the VR-3 manual? If not, I just made a PDF of the original paper version that came with my VR-3s. I'm new to this blog so not sure how to get it to you.