3rd Party Opinion

skvinson

3rd Party Opinion
« on: 29 Jun 2012, 02:28 am »
Thought I would share a 3rd party opinion of one of Rick's designs...

Rick designed a custom speaker for me about 8 years ago. I told him my situation and gave him my budget. He designed a set of Fronts & matching Center. (For those interested, they used a Seas 27DFC/TV tweeter, Audax AP100ZO mid and 2 Vifa MG18SK09 7" woofers.) Well, a couple months ago, I bought an Anthem MRX300 receiver. (Great receiver, btw.) The salesman came to my house to set up the Anthem Room Correction (ARC). I had some music playing when he came in. He immediately commented on the great sound of the speakers. Now, this guy has been selling high end audio for 30 years. He was impressed with Rick's speakers the moment he walked in. We listened some more and he was more impressed. Then we set up ARC. He was even more impressed. The speakers were already very flat, and even more, he said the center matched the fronts much better than most speakers he deals with.

Like I said, that was 2 months ago. I should have posted this then. (BTW, I still need to post a review of the 2 TC-12 subs I built from Rick's design. Suffice it to say - they're NICE...) What reminded me of this was that when the salesman (Mike Corado from Artisan Systems in Scottsdale, AZ btw) left, he had my Anthem CD in his laptop. We just got around to getting together for lunch so he could return it. His first comment: "I'm still impressed by those speakers. I must have told 20 people about them." (I told him Rick is going to design a curved array for our church. He can't wait to hear those. Me neither!!)

So, I wanted to share... This is a guy who has heard most of the best speakers over the past 30 years, and he couldn't stop talking about a very modest design by Rick. ... I went ahead and attached one of the pictures I took of the subs in front of my fronts and center. Doesn't show the drivers, but it gives an idea.

MaxCast

Re: 3rd Party Opinion
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jun 2012, 11:14 am »
That's a cool story.  Good job Rick.