Anyone else Ready for Some Playoff Football this Afternoon?

Jason Brent

Re: Anyone else Ready for Some Playoff Football this Afternoon?
« Reply #80 on: 25 Jan 2010, 03:58 am »
Brett Favre has the heart of a pissed off lion. To go with some solid brass. This is one of the most inspiring games I have ever seen, bar none. Brett Favre is a living-legend-first-round-Hall-of-Famer kind of quareterback, and he proved that tonight, to me, in spades.

agreed.....don't know if he'll come back for another try, but it looks to me like he still has plenty left in the tank.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #81 on: 25 Jan 2010, 04:01 am »
Favre refused to talk with Fox after the game,,, probably cuz he took a pounding tonite. That guy's is gonna be 1 sore puppy tomorrow but he stayed in the game and you gotta respect that!  :D

Cheers,
Robin

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #82 on: 25 Jan 2010, 04:07 am »
A fast moving.....sloppy game....but happy to see the Saints win it. 8)

Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez...  :beer:

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #83 on: 25 Jan 2010, 04:10 am »
Dat be the Colts gonna beat dem 'aints....  :lol:

Bring it.  :thumb:

Let's see if the Colts can cause as many mistakes for the Saints as the Vikes did today. Let's see how many mistakes the Saints can cause for the Colts that they've never had to contend with in the comfy confines of the AFC. Let's see what jersey Archie wears...  :lol:

Go Saints,
Jerry

jimdgoulding

« Reply #84 on: 25 Jan 2010, 04:13 am »
The Vikings defense and the Saints field goal kicker done good.  I might have said the same for BF but for his horrible end.  Saw his press conference on NFL Primetime a few miniutes ago.  Think he feels bout the same way.  I think some of those turnovers Jerry refers to were self inflicted.  And the Saints did so much with them that the game was tied at the end of regulation, a credit to the Vikings D, and if it weren't for a BF fuck-up, it might of never made it to overtime.  The Saints did good with their pass rush and coverage on Rice, to their credit. 
« Last Edit: 25 Jan 2010, 05:18 am by jimdgoulding »

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #85 on: 25 Jan 2010, 05:32 am »
Favre refused to talk with Fox after the game,,, probably cuz he took a pounding tonite. That guy's is gonna be 1 sore puppy tomorrow but he stayed in the game and you gotta respect that!  :D

Cheers,
Robin

I don't blame him...I'm not talking to the media, either. :cuss:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #86 on: 25 Jan 2010, 05:54 am »
I gotta add, you think they woulda done better.  They were home (maybe bigger down there than anywhere), rested, yet got outgained 200+ yards.  I hate the Vikings lost the game that I saw.  But, that's my problem.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #87 on: 25 Jan 2010, 06:04 am »
I don't blame him...I'm not talking to the media, either. :cuss:

Notice how fast Rob switched his avatar..... :jester:

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #88 on: 25 Jan 2010, 06:11 am »
Notice how fast Rob switched his avatar..... :jester:

I do that every year.  I don't use it til the regular season & I immediately change it when they're done. :lol:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #89 on: 25 Jan 2010, 06:21 am »
BTW, that pass interference call on the Vikes when NO was driving in OT . . that was bullshit of highest magnitude.  I've seen that four times already.  No way that was a catchable pass.  Ok, I'm gonna go turn on me stereo now.  Chalkin up to the master plan.  No pain, no gain. 

lonewolfny42

« Reply #90 on: 25 Jan 2010, 06:23 am »
I do that every year.  I don't use it til the regular season & I immediately change it when they're done. :lol:
I know.... :wink:

Well....it did last a little longer this year.... :thumb:

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #91 on: 25 Jan 2010, 06:28 am »
BTW, that pass interference call on the Vikes when NO was driving in OT . . that was bullshit of highest magnitude.  I've seen that four times already.  No way that was a catchable pass.  Ok, I'm gonna go turn on me stereo now.  Chalkin up to the master plan.  No pain, no gain.

Yeah, that was horseshit.  Sadly it's what I've come to expect.  Unfortunately they're going to be facing the ultimate masters of drawing the shit calls...I don't see how the 'Aints and their refs can beat the Colts and theirs. :finger:

Oh, well. Good on 'em.  Hope they can beat Manning & Co.  The Big Easy has gone a long time without a championship. Just like Minnesota...

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #92 on: 25 Jan 2010, 06:30 am »

Hey Rob, what if they had gone to the SuperBowl,,,, and won?  :o

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #93 on: 25 Jan 2010, 06:49 am »
Then I'd have left it up til the night of the 7th.  Leaving it up after the season's over is like keeping your Xmas tree up til May.

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #94 on: 25 Jan 2010, 06:55 am »
Then I'd have left it up til the night of the 7th.  Leaving it up after the season's over is like keeping your Xmas tree up til May.

Yeah, that makes sense. Guess I'm just a bit more of the sentimental type. I'll wait til the season's over myself.  :D   

Cheers,
Robin

Bigfish

« Reply #95 on: 25 Jan 2010, 12:22 pm »

Rob:

I am sorry the Vikings lost and I honestly could not watch the overtime.  I felt it was over for the Vikings with the poorly timed interception at the end of the 4th quarter.  Anyway, I think Favre gave it everything he had last night and in fact all season as the Vikings would not have been there without him.

Good luck to the Saints and to the Colts Fans!  I hope for you that the Superbowl will go your way!  Unfortunately for me all of the teams I had the slightest bit of interest in are gone and therefore have no interest in the Superbowl!

Oh, I am going to keep my Avatar shining like that Christmas Tree in July! :rotflmao:

Ken

Wayner

« Reply #96 on: 25 Jan 2010, 01:20 pm »
For what ever it's worth, Bret Farve brought more excitement to the NFL this year then anyone. In my books, he should be MVP, considering his performance yesterday (despite the 2 interceptions). The Dallas game had 43 out of 100 TVs that were on in America, watching the game. While I'm dissapointed that the season is over, it was the most fun I've had in years. Good luck to the Saints, but I think the Colts will kick your ass.

Wayner  8)

cujobob

« Reply #97 on: 25 Jan 2010, 02:00 pm »
Harvin and Peterson tried to lose the game and Brett kept them in it.  If you believe he lost it for them, you're not considering how bad the team's play would drop off with the backup QBs in the game.

Jason Brent

« Reply #98 on: 25 Jan 2010, 02:03 pm »
Harvin and Peterson tried to lose the game and Brett kept them in it.  If you believe he lost it for them, you're not considering how bad the team's play would drop off with the backup QBs in the game.
+1

pardales

« Reply #99 on: 25 Jan 2010, 02:58 pm »
I'm not sure if the the Vikings lost the game or the Saints won it.  :scratch: Favre did make a mistake at the end but that was just one in a long line of mistakes made by the whole Vikings team. Favre kept them in the game and, especially considering how many hits he took, played great.

I think he will really retire this time, even though he could probably still play better than most QB's in the NFL for another season.