Your daily driver :)

AllanS

Re: Your daily driver :)
« Reply #280 on: 20 Mar 2022, 03:11 am »
I probably have more miles on the chair casters the past couple of years than the FJR1300 pre-pandemic daily driver.

Zuman

« Reply #281 on: 21 Mar 2022, 01:40 am »
Now I'm retired, it's close to a daily driver during the summer. Very reliable, gorgeous, and fast. Bought on eBay 6 years ago at 3am for 20% of its original price in a no-reserve auction. 2006 Aston Martin DB9 Volante.

Early B.

« Reply #282 on: 21 Mar 2022, 03:13 am »
Traded in my 2019 Toyota Tundra Platinum for a new 2022 Tundra TRD Sport this week.
Much nicer ride, lotsa new gizmos, great TT V6 engine, and can haul all the toys without issue.

Awesome!

dpatters

« Reply #283 on: 21 Mar 2022, 03:29 pm »
Now I'm retired, it's close to a daily driver during the summer. Very reliable, gorgeous, and fast. Bought on eBay 6 years ago at 3am for 20% of its original price in a no-reserve auction. 2006 Aston Martin DB9 Volante.

Really nice ride! Great purchase. I bought my Corvette when it was two years old with 2k miles on it. Saved a ton off list.

Don P

mcgsxr

« Reply #284 on: 21 Mar 2022, 04:55 pm »
I am with Zuman for picking up older nice cars at highly depreciated initial cost.  Maintenance may still be a fun adventure, but the car itself certainly rings all the right bells.

My own 2005 find, picked it up about 4 years ago now.  Still in storage, will bring it out in April after enough rain washes away all the road salt.

jd3

« Reply #285 on: 21 Mar 2022, 05:04 pm »
I don’t have to drive much anywhere during the week, but I do get to drive this on the weekends:

It’s my wife’s daily driver for about another 4 months until she retires.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #286 on: 21 Mar 2022, 06:04 pm »

Mine is a '93 and a lot more banged around.  Bad paint, no headliner, but only 260K on the engine... quite low for West Texas. 
Ok. It's just used to haul stuff.  My daily driver is a 2013 Camry. It's been a great car and was under $21k new. 

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #287 on: 21 Mar 2022, 07:36 pm »
About to take my baby out of winter hibernation...can't wait for that first drive of the Spring!

2009 M3 with a lowered suspension, engine tune, and exhaust improvements

George

jschwenker

« Reply #288 on: 21 Mar 2022, 11:31 pm »

Biking for my local transportation for 48 years, my daily driver is a much sweeter ride than it appears - for some very good reasons. My several regular use bikes all get disassembled somewhat right off the showroom floor. From there, an ugly paint scheme is applied, along with fake rust and dirt. The maker's badges and all indications of quality components are covered up or removed.

All this helps ensure, even in a community with heavy bike theft problems, that I can lock it up with a plain cable lock in any area of town, even overnight at times and find it still there when I return. Knock on wood I will, but I have not ever had a bike stolen. (the scheme is not for everyone I do understand - I too would prefer to keep my nice brightly colored bike with the shiny new components - but such is not my real world)

This one has a low fuss and highly durable eight speed internal hub "transmission"; well made aluminum frame; good in all weather hub based brakes. Other customizations obvious for utilitarian duty include: baskets, upright handlebars and a seat more appropriate to a backside that is 45 years or so out of college.  :wink:

Yers, John

Doublej

« Reply #289 on: 21 Mar 2022, 11:41 pm »
John,

Is that an A/C unit behind the handlebars?

jschwenker

« Reply #290 on: 22 Mar 2022, 02:15 am »
John,

Is that an A/C unit behind the handlebars?

Doublej: Exactly so. Picture was in the summer - external coolant - a sprinkler I can ride through anytime I want!  :D

Vince in TX

« Reply #291 on: 22 Mar 2022, 02:29 am »
Picked mine up beginning of last year before the chip shortage caused prices to skyrocket.   Believe it or not, I got ~$10K off the sticker price.   Good luck trying to find that nowadays.   I could probably sell it for what I paid, one year and 13K miles later.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #292 on: 22 Mar 2022, 01:44 pm »
Picked mine up beginning of last year before the chip shortage caused prices to skyrocket.   Believe it or not, I got ~$10K off the sticker price.   Good luck trying to find that nowadays.   I could probably sell it for what I paid, one year and 13K miles later.

Probably get more than you paid!

George

Marbles

« Reply #293 on: 22 Mar 2022, 06:54 pm »
About to take my baby out of winter hibernation...can't wait for that first drive of the Spring!

2009 M3 with a lowered suspension, engine tune, and exhaust improvements

George

Nice, I got my 2007 M6 convertible (V10) out yesterday, temps hit 72 in North central Indiana.

Marbles

« Reply #294 on: 22 Mar 2022, 07:56 pm »

Very nice!  That may have been assembled in Fort Wayne.  I have two friends who work at that plant.  My bad weather daily driver is a 2017 Fi50 Lariat with FX4.  3.5l twin turbo V6 with the 10sp tranny and supercrew cab.

Vince in TX

« Reply #295 on: 24 Mar 2022, 01:11 pm »
Probably get more than you paid!

George

You're probably right!    :thumb:

Very nice!  That may have been assembled in Fort Wayne.  I have two friends who work at that plant.  My bad weather daily driver is a 2017 Fi50 Lariat with FX4.  3.5l twin turbo V6 with the 10sp tranny and supercrew cab.

I just checked the VIN, and unfortunately it was assembled in Mexico.   That would have been nice to have it from Fort Wayne.   Mine has the 3.0L Duramax inline 6 diesel.

Mnpctech_Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Audio Isolation Products
« Reply #296 on: 24 Jun 2022, 05:48 pm »
2000 Audi Quattro 2.8 Liter with 60K

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #297 on: 25 Jun 2022, 12:42 pm »
Ordered a Lexus 300h, should be here within a month.  Not the sexiest car in the world, but the near ideal for me.  Have owned several Camrys and like their reliability and economy.  My current one is 10 years old with 263k miles on it with only minor problems.  Test drove a 300h, gutsier, smoother, and quieter than my Camry and looks better than the current Camrys which to me are gimmicky.  And frankly Toyota service has gotten to be a hassle.  Supposed to get 44 mpg, which would be nice, and young guy to show us how all the gadgets work.  Will hopefully be my last car. 

dpatters

« Reply #298 on: 25 Jun 2022, 12:50 pm »

2016 C7. Haven’t hit 20k miles yet.

Don P.

rif

• Not a cowboy
« Reply #299 on: 26 Jun 2022, 12:36 am »

2018 Fiat 124 spider abarth