ANY BLUESOUND SYSTEM OWNERS OUT THERE?

soundhd

ANY BLUESOUND SYSTEM OWNERS OUT THERE?
« on: 16 Jan 2024, 05:04 pm »
I am a new member...well I'm not new (75) but new to this forum....
Anyway have owned a Bluesound home wireless music system for going on 3 years now (my first venture into wireless music sources) and I am happy to say I am very happy with the system. a Vault 2B; (2) Power Node 2's; (2) Node 2i's and a Pulse Speaker/streamer).  Currently have 61,000+ tracks (songs) in the system (using FLAC files). Just wondering who else has a Bluesound system?

kd4ylq

• Esse Quam Videri
Re: ANY BLUESOUND SYSTEM OWNERS OUT THERE?
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jan 2024, 09:00 pm »
I've been using a Vault (nearly full) and a node, but sold the Pulse Soundbar as it didn't work well at all for TV dialog (but for music was a big improvement). The latest PC controller (4.2.0) was/is a disaster and I had to go back to the last version that worked (4.0.2). When they release a newer, later revision # that works PnP, I'll try it. Hopefully that won't take forever. No complaints about the sound quality.

Zuman

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jan 2024, 09:33 pm »
I use a NAD M50.2 digital player/vault that is part of the same BluOS ecosystem. I run Roon using the NAD as an endpoint and have Roon ROCK on a dedicated NUC. The NAD stores my music on internal drives in a RAID array.
I do not understand why, but replacing the generic Ethernet cable between my NAD and my router with a high-end M101 Nova LAN cable made a huge improvement that even non-audiophiles are stunned by.

AllanS

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jan 2024, 01:38 am »
Welcome aboard! 
I’m somewhat invested in the ecosystem: Vault 2i, Pulse Flex, and a module on a NAD T75.  I’m considering moving the Vault to the desktop system and replacing it in the main system with a non BlueSound streamer but I’m in no hurry.

Rich Carlson

« Reply #4 on: 17 Jan 2024, 11:45 am »
I guess I'm pretty committed to BluOs.  Five Bluesound units in current use (a Vault 2i and 4 Nodes), and a Pulse mini for out on the deck once warm weather gets here.  Three of the systems use external DACs.

SDinFla

« Reply #5 on: 20 Jan 2024, 11:30 pm »
Since upgrading to BluOS4 seems with Amazon Music Prime, only some of my playlists show up in the BluOS UI… but if I go to directly to the Amazon Music App directly all my playlists are there.
Any idea on how to get all of them to show up in the BluOS App ?
I’ve deleted & reinstalled, rebooted, looked on Google and tried all the suggestions and still no luck.
Anyone else experiencing this and possibly have a fix ?