uDAC2 not recognized as 'Speaker' on Win7?

frankcreed

uDAC2 not recognized as 'Speaker' on Win7?
« on: 30 Sep 2010, 02:25 am »
Hello,

I just got my uDAC-2 upgrade, and it appears as if the uDAC2 is not recognized as a speaker device on Win7, but the original uDAC is?  Do I need to do any configuration on Win7 to have the uDAC2 be a speaker (so that I can actually listen to it :-).

Thanks

frankcreed

Re: uDAC2 not recognized as 'Speaker' on Win7?
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2010, 02:55 am »
Update - the uDAC2 works just fine on WinXP, but is only recognized as a SPDIF device (not a speaker) on Win7.

Well, this is really bizarre.  When I make the uDAC-2 the default playback device, it works like it is supposed to under Win7. 

Why the uDAC-2 is different from the uDAC (under Win7) is a question for another day, I guess.

Now I can enjoy my music :thumb:
« Last Edit: 30 Sep 2010, 02:46 pm by frankcreed »

metal circus

« Reply #2 on: 26 Feb 2012, 03:32 pm »
i am having the same trouble with my udac2, where win 7 is not recognizing it. i tried to make it my default device but it won't work. i went to the nuforce support site and followed the instructions but as it will not recognize it i cannot make it my default. any advice will be greatly appricaited. thx in advance, billy

Flupke1070

« Reply #3 on: 19 Aug 2014, 07:48 pm »
I have the same issue with a brand new uDac-3 : SPDIF output has been installed but no regular analog speaker (via RCA connectors) selectable as output.
The SPDIF will let me hear through the headphone outputs, but it's really the RCA ouput I'm interested in.
Hope someone can help...

John Casler

« Reply #4 on: 27 Aug 2014, 09:35 pm »
I have the same issue with a brand new uDac-3 : SPDIF output has been installed but no regular analog speaker (via RCA connectors) selectable as output.
The SPDIF will let me hear through the headphone outputs, but it's really the RCA ouput I'm interested in.
Hope someone can help...

Did you contact support?