Show us your Home Theater room *** (photos) ***

mgalusha

Re: Show us your Home Theater room *** (photos) ***
« Reply #20 on: 27 Jun 2008, 08:20 pm »
Don't have one any more (we moved) but the old one wasn't too bad, not as nice as some of the above but it got the job done for it's time.

At the time of the photos, probably 2001 or so, the system was a Sony vpl-wv10ht, denon avp-8000 dts, outlaw 750, hsu vtf-2 sub, mains were my old Vandy 2Ci's and the center and surrounds were monitor audio. I forget which model but the dvd was a pioneer elite and tv was a dish HD receiver. Screen was 104" Da-Lite I think.

It eventually received quite a bit of foam, dark red carpet and darker walls. Given that it was the basement it was really dark. :) Oh yea, I miss the pinball games as well.

mike

dogorman

« Reply #21 on: 7 Jul 2008, 04:34 pm »
Okay, here's mine. The Sony DVP-NS3100ES is still on its way, but you can imagine it in that right-hand cubby with the Arcam. Less is more, people!  :lol:

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #22 on: 7 Jul 2008, 08:30 pm »

Hey Csero:

Can you tell us more about your 2 way speakers? What drivers you used and any top secret crossover schematics?

Very nicely done.

Rocket_Ronny

splittailz

« Reply #23 on: 8 Jul 2008, 02:22 am »
ok, first try at posting a pic

dogorman

« Reply #24 on: 8 Jul 2008, 02:50 am »
Splittailz, is that a Conrad/Johnson MEP-1 preamp? I've got the McCormack MAP-1 and I'd be very interested to know what people think of its tube-carryin' cousin.

splittailz

« Reply #25 on: 8 Jul 2008, 09:29 am »
yes it is a conrad johnson met 1.  I can say I am very pleased with the tube performance. really did not do a a/b comparison with anything else. purchased it along with new amps at the same time.

denjo

« Reply #26 on: 8 Jul 2008, 09:52 am »

Its my dream HT Room!  :D

Check out the other cool-looking HT Rooms!
http://deputy-dog.com/2008/01/23/10-stunning-ultra-geeky-home-cinemas/

dogorman

« Reply #27 on: 8 Jul 2008, 11:38 am »
That last one looks like a seminar room for a James Bond Villain. "Okay, team: today we're going to be learning how to capture James Bond and then manage not to kill him over the span of twenty-two minutes of footage."  :duh:

dogorman

« Reply #28 on: 8 Jul 2008, 12:09 pm »
You know, as I browsed through that set of HT layouts on deputy dog, I was struck by the same thought over and over: How does one watch a movie from a different genre on any of them? I mean to say, how do you sit down in the front parlor of the Nautilus, and not watch "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" for the eleventeen-millionth time? I'd feel silly watching "Unforgiven" or "Brazil" or "The Five Obstructions" in any of these theaters; it would pull me out of the experience of watching the movie.

So here's my request: Who's got a relatively inexpensive (say $40k or so) home theater built around the basic, if somewhat tired, concept of an Art Deco movie theater, c. 1939, that I can shamelessly expropriate? I mean, as far as I'm concerned, if it doesn't have a luminous-dial clock hanging on the wall and curved-brass recessed lighting, it ain't a home theater.

evan1

« Reply #29 on: 8 Jul 2008, 08:32 pm »
How do you post a photo here?

dogorman

« Reply #30 on: 8 Jul 2008, 08:35 pm »
See the post at the top of page two, for instructions on how to post.

evan1

« Reply #31 on: 8 Jul 2008, 08:38 pm »
 :duh: :duh: :duh:

:thumb:

Nick77

« Reply #32 on: 8 Jul 2008, 10:22 pm »
Family room doubles as 2 channel and home theater room. Have a DIY 15" sub fireing toward plasma as a endtable.

Levi

« Reply #33 on: 8 Jul 2008, 11:43 pm »

Here is my Bryston/BAT setup and Sonus Faber speakers. 

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #34 on: 9 Jul 2008, 01:19 am »
Basically just a 2-channel system with video at the moment. Not even a screen being used. Used mostly for music videos and to entertain my children. A lot has changed since this picture and will change again soon.

It will become a 4 channel system with custom CLS-9 (enhanced version of GR Research LS-9) speakers up front and OB-7's in the rear. All tubes throughout.

face

« Reply #35 on: 2 Aug 2008, 05:04 am »
Here's my HT/Music rig. 

With the lights out. 

Yes, the I know the cabinets need veneer...soon! :)

Scott F.

« Reply #36 on: 8 Sep 2008, 02:08 am »
Well, I finally got a chance to snap a few quick pics of our HT. Not sure if I should call it a Home Theater as it is actually our family room and we don't have the seating set up like a traditional HT but here it is.

The rig and room have undergone some transformations over the past year or so as you can see from this previous pic of our room.

About a month ago my Arcam AVR-100 started acting up. After looking at a bunch of different integrateds and not being overly happy with any of them, we decided to go for the Integra DTC 9.8. So I could get a bit of tube flavor into the system I decided on getting the factory modified JoLida 1501A for the front L/R (100 wpc) and the modified JoLida 1703A (75x3wpc) on C/LR/RR. With some luck my new amps will show up this week. It should sound pretty good.

jeffreybehr

• Volunteer
« Reply #37 on: 8 Sep 2008, 03:35 am »
Here's mine, with the screen latched up, out of the way.

...and with screen down.  This was taken before I moved the equipment rack to the left of the LH speaker.

The room from the right, except that the equipment rack is now over there; see 1st pic.

...and from the left.  That's an Epson HC 1080 UB projector far right.

The room is 21' wide, 19' deep, and has a ceiling rising from 6.5 to 12'.  Here's most of the rear with different stuff on the left wall.

Each surround speaker is a combination of the large, grilled, very-full-range system built into the rear 'ceiling' plus the small, white-colored speaker hanging on the beam.  These produce a very diffuse sound from the surround channels, which is exactly what I want.

John Ryder

« Reply #38 on: 30 Sep 2008, 02:44 pm »
Here is mine, Bob.

Wayner

Wow...is that a 4:3 TV in a "home theater"?  I didn't know anyone had one of those anymore.
 :wink:

John Ryder