IRD Resumes Audio Product Development

Curt

« on: 5 Jul 2005, 02:30 pm »
Please visit our website for an update on IRDs activities.

* http://www.IRDaudio.com

* The website was moved on 9-July-2005, this is our new URL. This is the new home for IRD's audio products and information.

westcoast

« Reply #1 on: 5 Jul 2005, 04:18 pm »
HOORAY!!  That's great news, Curt  :dance:  :hyper:  :bounce:   We're glad that you'll probably be visiting with us more often, and we'll really look forward to what's coming from IRD!

R_burke

« Reply #2 on: 5 Jul 2005, 04:27 pm »
Quote from: westcoast
HOORAY!!  That's great news, Curt  :dance:  :hyper:  :bounce:   We're glad that you'll probably be visiting with us more often, and we'll really look forward to what's coming from IRD!

I second the emotion!!

oris98

Which product to release first ?
« Reply #3 on: 6 Jul 2005, 03:15 am »
Hi Curt,

Welcome back !  Nice to hear IRD is back !!!
If you are interested to know the comment from your loyal user group of which product in your on hold list to release first I will vote for the PT-3 XO.  

Thanks.

Curt

« Reply #4 on: 10 Jul 2005, 04:24 pm »
Thanks guys, we can't wait to pop out some new components.

And yes, the PT-3 and all the other active crossover components are on top of our list. Check out our news updates to see what components are being restarted and what components have been dropped.

It is official as of yesterday, our website has changed its location (URL).

IRD audio is now located at:

http://www.IRDaudio.com     Please bookmark our new website.

We are looking over the previous designs now to see what changes if any we might want to make. If you're interested in the details please watch the website ( www.IRDaudio.com ) for updates.

Muente

« Reply #5 on: 31 Aug 2005, 03:10 pm »
Any update?

westcoast

« Reply #6 on: 31 Aug 2005, 03:36 pm »
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=20484

Hey Muente.  I'm passing this along in case you missed it.  Welcome to the Circles! :thumb:

Muente

« Reply #7 on: 31 Aug 2005, 04:24 pm »
Thanks, I've missed this. So the X-overs are ready by the end of September. How can we win Curt to publish more specs, maybe a picture of prototypes?

westcoast

« Reply #8 on: 31 Aug 2005, 05:24 pm »
My pleasure.  The time frame you mention may be a bit optimistic, but we can hope! :wink:   Curt seems to get around here only once in awhile - he's a busy guy.  You might send a personal message to curt@ird-thailand.com.  Probably would help to identify yourself as an AC member.  I've always found him responsive and very cordial.  A true professional.  Let us know what you find out!

Muente

Announcement: IRD Resumes Audio Product Development
« Reply #9 on: 31 Aug 2005, 06:47 pm »
Thanks !  Local time in Bangkok is GMT+7, and I should not disturb his sleep. But tomorrow he may read the posts and reply. It's only about how much he would tell us at this time.

Curt

Re: Announcement: IRD Resumes Audio Product Development
« Reply #10 on: 31 Aug 2005, 07:34 pm »
Quote from: Muente
Thanks !  Local time in Bangkok is GMT+7, and I should not disturb his sleep. But tomorrow he may read the posts and reply. It's only about how much he would tell us at this time.

I'm not asleep yet, just finishing up for the day.

We are working on the next batch of audio components. The new components (all line level) are closely related and there are still a few issues to work out before laying out the pcbs.

I want to improving the preamp gain stage and reduce the power supply noise level. I'm also testing different precision line level attenuation methods.

These ongoing issues require prototyping and measuring of several different options to select the best choices. This will take a little time.

Muente

« Reply #11 on: 5 Sep 2005, 04:55 pm »
Hello Curt, how are the electronic filters for actice speaker solutions comming? If I understand your reply correctly, you are tied up with preamp solutions. As I only found DIY solutions for the electronic x-overs, I"m looking forward for your long announced PTs. Are they ready and not published yet, or are they the next step after the preamp?

Curt

Re: IRD Resumes Audio Product Development
« Reply #12 on: 8 Sep 2005, 06:54 pm »
Hello Curt, how are the electronic filters for actice speaker solutions comming? If I understand your reply correctly, you are tied up with preamp solutions. As I only found DIY solutions for the electronic x-overs, I"m looking forward for your long announced PTs. Are they ready and not published yet, or are they the next step after the preamp?

I'm working on line level gain amplifiers and buffers, these are used for both preamps and active filters. All the same type of stuff.

We are also making up our minds to go with through hole or surface mount design and two layer or four layer PCBs.

The actual crossover filters have been done for more than a year, I'm working out a better attenuation method. Attenuation is used for channel level matching and adjustments.

After the electronics are finished we have a few mechanical issues check and then it's off to our final listening tests.

Designing and manufacturing quality audio components does take time. It is wise to take the time to get things right the first time.

westcoast

« Reply #13 on: 9 Sep 2005, 01:39 pm »
Well said Curt!   :wink:   OK, we'll wait until you're ready to show off your new babies.  :D   Until then...

Muente

« Reply #14 on: 12 Sep 2005, 06:00 am »
Thank you for the update, Curt! So you have to go a long way until the products are available. I found an available solution from Hypex, but the moduls have to be attached on the rear of the speakers. Is your solution similar?

Curt

Re: IRD Resumes Audio Product Development
« Reply #15 on: 12 Sep 2005, 09:28 am »
Thank you for the update, Curt! So you have to go a long way until the products are available. I found an available solution from Hypex, but the moduls have to be attached on the rear of the speakers. Is your solution similar?

Hypex makes switching power amplifiers, we were discussing line level components. These two types of audio components are worlds apart.

You have me confused... You were interested in active crossover filters weren't you?

Muente

« Reply #16 on: 12 Sep 2005, 03:31 pm »
My question is, which solution do you have in mind compared to the Hypex MA2.1 and Active 3? They are actice crossovers with 2/3 power amps as a unit.

Curt

Re: Announcement: IRD Resumes Audio Product Development
« Reply #17 on: 12 Sep 2005, 07:08 pm »
My question is, which solution do you have in mind compared to the Hypex MA2.1 and Active 3? They are actice crossovers with 2/3 power amps as a unit.

<snip from their website>
MA2.1 Discontinued.
The MA2.1 will no longer be available &#9632; 4 jan 2004
<end snip>

And, nothing to be found about a #3 with attached amplifier on their website.

Our active crossovers are full featured components in a full case (same as the Purist). They are made to be used with conventional audio components, not DIY projects. This is much different and a custom active filter for a specific amplifier. And a switcher at that.

Our active crossovers must me MUCH different from what they were selling. So different it would not be right to compare them.

Muente

« Reply #18 on: 13 Sep 2005, 07:09 am »
Hello Curt,

sorry if my enquiry left you confused. On Hypex distributor pages as http://www.shop.hellsound.de/index.html?target=dept_40.html  you may find all about active modules from Hypex.

The question is about the controls for levels and selectable filters with fixed frequencies in your product. As your x-overs will just have line output, power amps are required. What is your suggestion for an active speaker solution with your components?