List what you think all audiophiles/fanatics should experience

BradJudy

Re: List what you think all audiophiles/fanatics should experience
« Reply #20 on: 26 Mar 2009, 10:13 pm »
:scratch: could you elaborate, ricmon?
Are you talking about polarity inversion, and if so, why does it make a difference where in the chain it's done?
And are you talking about inverting for all recordings - just inverting polarity and leaving it that way?

He means in terms of bridging an amp - http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=65114.msg595594

BradJudy

« Reply #21 on: 26 Mar 2009, 10:14 pm »
A couple of hours, during a recording session, in a top flight studio.

An hour, in a mastering studio, with a good mastering tech.

These would be cool to do, but I don't know how one would get invited for such a ride-along.

dave_c

« Reply #22 on: 20 Jun 2009, 04:50 am »
All battery powered system.  The quiet is crazy.

Affordable$$Audio

All battery powered system.  The quiet is crazy.
That would be an interesting experience.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel

I was lucky enough to spend a half day with one.  How did I do it?  I looked for local mastering studios and found a few.  Sent emails and this one replied, "sure I would love to have someone here that can appreciate this".  I went and was in heaven.  We keep in touch and he has even heard my system.  I would try to do it in your area...you might be surprised!

iGrant

I was lucky enough to spend a half day with one.  How did I do it?  I looked for local mastering studios and found a few.  Sent emails and this one replied, "sure I would love to have someone here that can appreciate this".  I went and was in heaven.  We keep in touch and he has even heard my system.  I would try to do it in your area...you might be surprised!

Really good advise, engineers can get bored of musicians who generally only listen to the performance and producers who try and stamp their sound on the recording. Also, I never knew all these audiophile buzzwords, for instance what an audiophile calls soundstage, an engineer calls width and depth parameters of our reverb unit, imaging would be pan, instrument separation might be EQ. I'm confident that if i ever get to mix and master again, it will sound so much better now that I have had my feet in audiophile land. So odds are your local engineer will appreciate the education.

Cheers,
Ian

doug s.

• makin' music
tube preamps, tube amps, and horn speakers...  properly actively crossed over subs w/whatever type speakers you are using...

oh, and do not forget a quality tuna receiving a broadcast that has a strong quality uncompressed signal.   rivals quality cd & winyl, easily...  :green:

doug s.,
presently listening to wypr-88.1, broadcasting the "echoes" radio show, thru a wery nice yamaha tx1000.  thru tube preamp/tube amp/horns/active x-over/subs...   :lol: