Kanso Stands

Borderdog

Kanso Stands
« on: 30 Sep 2018, 03:05 pm »
Hi y'all,
My name is Aaron Hoffman and I am the owner, designer, builder, head floor sweeper, etc., etc. of Kanso Audio Furniture. I live in an idealistic spot on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay area of Virginia. My shop is 40 feet behind my house, so I have a long trek to work every day :green:

Yes, I have slowed down on shows.
I did Chicago Axpona the last few years , but not 2018. They doubled my rate and for half the space. I was in three rooms at 2017 CAF. I didn't do 2017 RMAF. First time I missed RMAF in 11 years and I'm not doing it this year.
RMAF was always my favorite show, but if I trailered my stuff, we're talking 2 1/2 days of hard driving and if I palletize my stuff, I'm looking at incredible shipping expenses. The other reason RMAF was always so special for me is I went to school at CSU in Ft. Collins.
The other thing that enters in beside expenses is I'm not getting any younger. These shows are just a lot of hard work. My stuff is not light and I would always take 6-8 stands to these shows. So we're talking expending a lot of energy: getting stuff prepped for the show, the drive or the flight, setup on Thursday, and then the real cluster F starts on Sunday when you have to break everything down.

I might do CAF if Gary Gill can get me a spot in the lobby, but I'm done furnishing stands for rooms. Rockville, MD is only about a 3 -3.5 hour drive for me. People are saying they didn't see me last year at CAF. I was around, just not front and center the way I used to do the shows.

Thank you all for inquiring about me.

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
Re: Kanso Stands
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2018, 04:43 pm »
Speak of the devil...

Contact Gary. Come to Rockville.

Borderdog

« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2018, 05:28 pm »
Yes, talked to Gary and he's going to work something out for me. In the lobby front and center!

I've done every CAF since it's inception; in one form or another.

My good friends David Skolnick and Doug Hurlbert of DSA want me to do the Florida show.

I'm still thinking on that one. It may be a nice winter break?

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #3 on: 30 Sep 2018, 08:31 pm »
Yeah, Aaron, come to CAF! I'll buy you a beer, eh!

Cheers,
Pete

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 30 Sep 2018, 11:06 pm »
Yeah, Aaron, come to CAF! I'll buy you a beer, eh!

Cheers,
Pete

Scheduling Saturday night dinner. Everybody is invited. Going for Clydes, and Nicks is the backup. I'm making reservations next week when they start excepting them.

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #5 on: 1 Oct 2018, 01:02 am »
@borderdog   give us a chance.  Lone Star Audio Fest  no big fees, all you pay for is the room.
www.lonestaraudiofest.com/

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: 5 Oct 2018, 04:31 pm »
@borderdog   give us a chance.  Lone Star Audio Fest  no big fees, all you pay for is the room.
www.lonestaraudiofest.com/

He belongs to D.M.V.

You can't have him.

:nono:

Phil A

« Reply #7 on: 5 Oct 2018, 04:42 pm »
Yes, talked to Gary and he's going to work something out for me. In the lobby front and center!

My good friends David Skolnick and Doug Hurlbert of DSA want me to do the Florida show.

I'll be there.  For you it is a nice winter break.  For me, it's just a long drive to the other coast so I'll be staying there.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #8 on: 6 Oct 2018, 01:01 pm »
He belongs to D.M.V.

You can't have him.

:nono:

Department of Motor Vehicles?

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #9 on: 6 Oct 2018, 03:08 pm »
Department of Motor Vehicles?

DC/Maryland/Virginia

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: 14 Oct 2018, 04:33 pm »

Confirmed for C.A.F.?