Did you buy speakers to tide you over while you were waiting for your Salks?

hilde45

I'm currently waiting for some Salk SS 6M speakers. I know they're worth the wait.
Still, being shut inside/at home because of this virus has made me a bit stir crazy, and I decided to buy something relatively inexpensive while I waited.

What to get, what to get? I was surfing around for something cheap but not too cheap. I was about to get some Ascend 170 speakers (which I've read good things about), when a friend said, no, try the Klipsch RP-600M. Yesterday, they price dropped from $649 to $472 on Crutchfield, and I got open box and delayed shipping; brought them down to $413. They'll arrive next week and I will have something to futz with while I wait for the Salks.

So, to others — if you bought something to tide you over, what did you buy?

guf

i do this all the time...Maybe get something you'll want to keep around as a different flavor compaired to your Salks. I'm a fan of Omega single driver speakers. And a fan of horn speakers so i'd back you up on the Klipsch. Maybe a Heresy 3 is you can stretch your budget. 2's can be had used for a great price.  good luck!

hilde45

Omega's looked interesting. No trial period. Also, most are sold out now. But I am close to $4k on my Salks, so I'm feeling like something which will -- as you say -- serve in other capacities later, but are also not too expensive, now. I've never heard Klipsch, but for $400, I can play around.