NuPrime Pure AC-4

rustydoglim

Re: NuPrime Pure AC-4
« Reply #20 on: 10 Jan 2019, 08:49 pm »
US socket version shipping end of January.  Oh boy, we haven't started on the manual and web page.
EU socket version shipping early April.  Low volume production, metal suppliers make us wait 3 months.  On hindsight, we should have planned both versions  :duh:

kaka89

« Reply #21 on: 11 Jan 2019, 04:21 pm »
Can you share more technical details on how this product is designed?

There are many power supply product on the market, such as power conditioning, filtering, DC blocking, big transformer etc. I am interested what Pure AC-4 does.

Thank you very much.

Samoyed

« Reply #22 on: 11 Jan 2019, 04:54 pm »
Dear 89,

I had a dac10, and have a cdt 8 pro and evolution DAC. I can tell you without fear of contradiction that this company’s designs are well thought out and the workmanship is beautiful. I’d like to see a response as well, but based on experience I’m certain it works WELL.

rustydoglim

« Reply #23 on: 11 Jan 2019, 08:12 pm »
Can you share more technical details on how this product is designed?

There are many power supply product on the market, such as power conditioning, filtering, DC blocking, big transformer etc. I am interested what Pure AC-4 does.

Thank you very much.

Like everyone else, it filter out AC noise. We just think we can do a better job, at a fraction of the price.
There is also a trigger and circuit breaker (instead of a fuse).

JAC_ZAR

« Reply #24 on: 4 Jul 2020, 05:51 am »
I am using AC-4 with IDA-8, REL T/7i, Apple TV 4K
the improvement is not huge, but it is noticeable
the sound stage is wider and deeper
bass is better controled
« Last Edit: 5 Jul 2020, 01:25 pm by JAC_ZAR »

JAC_ZAR

« Reply #25 on: 5 May 2021, 07:52 am »
Which AC-4 socket should I use with the IDA-8 ?

1) Small-signal sensitive devices such as the preamp, DAC, and players utilizing the two output sockets, each with a current range of 3A to 8A. An extremely powerful 7th-order LC filter circuit (using 7 high-power inductors, capacitors) with maximum 1000 times isolation performance is explicitly designed for small signal devices that are very susceptible to noise interference.

2) High power amplifiers using two output sockets, each with a current range of 10A to 15A. A 5th-order LC filter with 10 to 50 times isolation is designed to supply a maximum current of 27A. The inductor is wounded with 1.6mm thick copper wire to allow for high current flow.

John Casler

« Reply #26 on: 8 May 2021, 09:00 pm »
In general, use the outlet with the highest amperage, as the IDA-8 also has the AMP and that would determine your current/amperage needs, not the preamp or DAC sections.