iFi iTube - a nice compliment to Virtue one/two.

Welborne

• I love open baffle with 100db sensitivity!
iFi iTube - a nice compliment to Virtue one/two.
« on: 28 Oct 2013, 12:27 pm »
I bought the iFi iTube recently to try as I need more gain in my system as some of my tube amps have fairly low gain (a 6c33c se and a direct coupled 71a DHT amp) eventhough my speaker has 100db efficiency. I like to use TVC to control volume as I find many active tube pre either adding too much coloration or hightening treble too much. I like the organic and neutral sound of TVC (a Django transformer volume control). It has a +6db gain switch from the winding but I never like it, thought it makes the sound brighter and more mid forward at certain frequency. I was attracted by the iTube because of the price and also its other extra functions (3D holographic circuit and Digital Antidote) and that it can be configured by dip switch as 6db gain buffer only with the volume pot bypassed.

For people who are using Virtue ONe/Two which is too small to install a Dodd's buffer stage inside the case, the iFi iTube is a very cost effective addition. It comes from the same designers that make the rather expensive AMR brands of gear.  I

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
Re: iFi iTube - a nice compliment to Virtue one/two.
« Reply #1 on: 13 Nov 2013, 07:17 pm »
Thanks for the tip!