Pez and Tyson's Best of RMAF- the ultimate guide to awesomeness 2013

Pez

Wow, we broke AC! Haha I want to give my deepest thanks again!!! You guys are the reason we do this. I remember when we first started doing this, building 'cred' was not easy. We got bashed a lot. People called us biased (TRUE!!! we are!), manufacturers called us unprofessional (also TRUE!!! we are the anti-pro, yet we kick their asses when it comes to our show coverage!), and that people shouldn't listen to us and attend the show themselves (couldn't agree more!!!). Now that we've gotten through all of that people are left with nothing other than our honest biased (by our tastes) opinions. Commercial and advertiser free.

Now please click this link for a word from our sponsors: Super Awesome Audio Amp Co

dlparker

• Dave Parker - KC, MO
    • DontKnowNuthinBoutNoComputers
Or.....we could each raffle them off for charity purpose... :lol:

/sarc off

long as I get 10% off the top..

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Now please click this link for a word from our sponsors: Super Awesome Audio Amp Co
One good play deserves another. >>This is the one for you Sir.<<.

Pez

One good play deserves another. >>This is the one for you Sir.<<.

Holy crap that's the worst thing I have ever seen... Ever...  :o

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
That's right Brother. That's what you get for trying to Rick Roll me.   :whip:

SoCalWJS

(chiming in a bit late here........)

T&P  :notworthy:  :thumb:

Your coverage was incredibly good as usual!

(I used to try to post my photos the following morning while eating breakfast, but I discovered I was 12+ hours behind. Plus this year, I was too busy/tired  :violin:)

With regard to some of the comments made here which could be construed as less than positive - ignore them. I heard your names pop up a couple of times at the show from both attendees as well as exhibitors. They knew that you gave the most timely coverage, but also honest impressions - something that means something to people. We've all become more jaded and cynical as we become more aware of the different factors that can go into the published opinions of those who stand to gain from those comments. We value comments from those with no horse in the race.

Keep up the good work!

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
Holy crap that's the worst thing I have ever seen... Ever...  :o

After you watch this, you may have to re-assess your position : 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2uqcQDmy9w

Tyson and Pez, your coverage is always worthwhile and always a hoot. I'd love you to cut loose and check out some vendors you haven't hit recently. Just nobody who's gear I own as I am fragile and am only interested in validation... :wink:

Keep on doing that thing you do... :thumb:

D.D.

PS : Pez, didn't your Radiohead thread a while back crash AC too? Jeez Louise, man, go easy on this thing, would ya?

D.D.

Daedalus Audio

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
good work guys, careful you may not be flying under the radar much longer. 8)  people will start trying to wine and dine you, (expensive from what I've seen of your sat. dinner :roll:), who knows the competition may try to crash the site or bomb your car :nono:         
funny about J.A. he listened to three songs (way more than usual) and said he loved our room , then trashed us in print???  looks like he was odd with several other rooms? wonder what's up. anyhow I don't pay much attention to the bigger mags, personally I think the smaller mags and indies do a better and more credible job or reporting shows. of course T&P (or is that P&T?)  are the best!

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
We'll have to forget the initials and just come up with an icon.

dlparker

• Dave Parker - KC, MO
    • DontKnowNuthinBoutNoComputers
We'll have to forget the initials and just come up with an icon.

Perfect!

Daedalus Audio

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
Perfect!
a Native American outhouse???

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
"I need TP for my bunghole!"  For all you Beavis & Butthead fans.  Maybe this should be our personal icon:

jhm731

deleted.
« Last Edit: 22 Oct 2013, 09:04 am by jhm731 »

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
I'll add my kudos to the rest.  This year I missed the RMAF since my wife and I took a long planned trip to Italy. But I followed your coverage from Florence, Rome, and Naples every evening, and once again, you guys did a great job.
Scott

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
  funny about J.A. he listened to three songs (way more than usual) and said he loved our room , then trashed us in print???
I see a seat open for him in D.C.   :duh:  or he's just Bipolar or just an...

Tyson

You should both get seeing eye dogs and walk around the entire show blindfolded. The dogs can lead you to each room and since you can't see the vendor, you won't be biased. Problem solved  :wink:  :lol:

Oh, you laugh, but last year someone suggested that we actually blindfold each other and have someone lead us into the various rooms blindfolded.  No joke.

Don_S

"Put on your eyeshades. Put in your ear plugs.  You know where to put the cork."

Oh, you laugh, but last year someone suggested that we actually blindfold each other and have someone lead us into the various rooms blindfolded.  No joke.

audioengr

I think you are referring to Steven Stone at TAS,  & in that case your point is very well taken.  I wonder if he reviewed every single room at RMAF before selecting HIS best in show.  :wink:

Steven usually gives my room a listen, but we didn't see him this year.  Maybe didn't have time to do the shuttle... :(

Steve N.

persisting1

Oh boy. That is just ridiculous.

Tyson

Double Post, sorry!