Loreleis have arrived

bunky

Loreleis have arrived
« on: 15 Sep 2005, 09:29 pm »
hi,folks   the Loreleis have been playing for a few hours and they are absolutely gorgeous in the dark red cherry finish. klaus told me they were beautiful when he finished building them. as always he was absolutely right.they sound much better than my Paradigm reference studio 100v3s do. and this is fresh out of the box and they are far from being broken in yet. i am very very happy! thanks Klaus...........William C Waldecker III

Brian

Loreleis have arrived
« Reply #1 on: 16 Sep 2005, 06:11 am »
Hi William

Congrats on your Loreleis.  

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your set-up. It sounds very interesting  :D

Brgds,
Brian

bunky

Loreleis have arrived
« Reply #2 on: 16 Sep 2005, 10:57 am »
with Rolf Gemein designs from the cd player to the amplifiers and loudspeakers my system has this mad crazy Synergy. it is hard to believe that one man can be responsible for designing all this glorious highend equipment. my next step which i have already discussed with Klaus is with parts from Herr Gemein in Germany Klaus will modify my Vibrato cd player to the newest most up to date Mk 2 24 bit version. thank god that i had the good fortune to find out about Odyssey audio and Klaus Bunge or maybe i would still be stuck out there in audio limbo.maybe when i  finally stop buying gear i can break down and buy myself a camera and take some pictures of all this wonderful equipment. thanks Brian.......William C Waldecker III

peter59

loreleis have arrived
« Reply #3 on: 19 Sep 2005, 10:44 pm »
Hey Bunky,

I am new to this forum, however not new to Odyssey. I have recently upgraded my old stratus to the full blown extreme monos paired to my tempest. The only missing piece is the loudspeakers. Just ordered a pair of the Loreleis. Just wondering how are you enjoying your new babies. Does it sound as good as Klaus is claiming??  Klaus told me today that he has sold maybe 29 pairs total. Make that 30!!!

bunky

Loreleis have arrived
« Reply #4 on: 19 Sep 2005, 11:07 pm »
:singing:i am listening to the Loreleis as i type and now i know why byteme is so enthusiastic about these loudspeakers! the Loreleis are the most musical pair of loudspeakers i have ever listened to in my life. they throw a huge soundstage and have a perfect balance of power and smoothness. i was worried about placement but i must have done my homework on my paradigms placement because the Loreleis work great set up the same spot with the exception of toe in. i like to point them straight ahead as opposed to tilted inward with my former speakers. Herr Klaus told me not to toe them in so of course i tried it both ways and once again Klaus was correct as usual. is there any downside to  Lorelei ownership? why of course there is. once you start listening to them you dont want to leave the room. i am suprised they have not made me late for work in the morning. now i am staying up later than normal to get in more seat time with the Loreleis. the cabinet work is of a higher quality than any of the furniture in my home and they are very pleasing and elegant to the eye. my ten year old daughter commented earlier this evening while we listening to some latin influenced guitar music that it sounded like we had a band playing in our livingroom. i would have to agree with her on that one. once again Klaus thank you very much !                                         William C Waldecker III

peter59

Loreleis have arrived
« Reply #5 on: 19 Sep 2005, 11:14 pm »
Bunky, that is all I needed to hear, can't wait for my pair.

bunky

Re: loreleis have arrived
« Reply #6 on: 20 Sep 2005, 12:03 am »
Quote from: peter59
Hey Bunky,

I am new to this forum, however not new to Odyssey. I have recently upgraded my old stratus to the full blown extreme monos paired to my tempest. The only missing piece is the loudspeakers. Just ordered a pair of the Loreleis. Just wondering how are you enjoying your new babies. Does it sound as good as Klaus is claiming??  Klaus told me today that he has sold maybe 29 pairs total. Make that 30!!!
the Loreleis are the most musical loudspeakers that i have ever heard in my life!  you are using a pair of amplifiers based on the Symphonic Line RG11.you are using a preamplifier based on the Symphonic Line RG 2 mk 3 and you just ordered a pair of loudspeakers that are twins to the $7.600 Symphonic Line Legato loudspeaker. all of these designs were carefully tweaked by a true audio Genius by the name of Rolf Gemien. this stuff was made to be played together. the Synergy between your gear will be unbelieveable .the Loreleis are keepers! the only thing  that i want to upgrade now is my Symphonic Line Vibrato cd player to the 24 bit Mk 2 version. with Klaus,s assistance that will become a reality for me in the near future.what finish are you getting on your Loreleis ?

byteme

Loreleis have arrived
« Reply #7 on: 20 Sep 2005, 04:31 am »
Quote from: bunky
:singing:i am listening to the Loreleis as i type and now i know why byteme is so enthusiastic about these loudspeakers! the Loreleis are the most musical pair of loudspeakers i have ever listened to in my life. they throw a huge soundstage and have a perfect balance of power and smoothness. i was worried about placement but i must have done my homework on my paradigms placement because the Loreleis work great set up the same spot with the exception of toe in. i like to point them straight ahead as opposed  ...

Glad to hear that you're enjoying yourself.  It's always tough, predicting if someone else will like what a peice does, with the Lor's though, it's hard not to like them.  It's hard not to get sucked in to the flavor of the week or month.  For me the beauty of these speakers is that they are effectively the same as the legatos and have been basically unchanged for quite some time.  A tried and true design that just freakin' sounds great.  No hype, no ridiculous promises, nothing but great music for a great value.  Damn, that's a hard combination to beat...

bunky

Loreleis have arrived
« Reply #8 on: 20 Sep 2005, 08:53 pm »
Quote from: byteme
Glad to hear that you're enjoying yourself.  It's always tough, predicting if someone else will like what a piece does, with the Lor's though, it's hard not to like them.  It's hard not to get sucked in to the flavor of the week or month.  For me the beauty of these speakers is that they are effectively the same as the legatos and have been basically unchanged for quite some time.  A tried and true design that just freakin' sounds great.  No hype, no ridiculous promises, nothing but great music for a great value.  Damn, that's a hard combination to beat...
the cost vs performance ratio of the Loreleis even surpasses that of the stratos and the stratos is an outrageously great bargain in its own right. how does he sell this stuff at these prices? alot of folks see the prices and think that odyssey is typical midfi gear.  little do they know that it is truly highend gear in the quality of the build and parts selection and especialy the sound quality. the drivers in the Loreleis are top shelf Scanspeak offerings and the massive crossovers are pure Symphonic Line creations. obviously not midfi parts.i talked to Klaus last night and he is shipping me six of the German made Audio selection cones to attach to the bottoms of my Loreleis. i cant wait to put them on.

byteme

Loreleis have arrived
« Reply #9 on: 20 Sep 2005, 09:07 pm »
the cost vs performance ratio of the Loreleis even surpasses that of the stratos and the stratos is an outrageously great bargain in its own right. how does he sell this stuff at these prices? alot of folks see the prices and think that odyssey is typical midfi gear.  little do they know that it is truly highend gear in the quality of the build and parts selection and especialy the sound quality. the drivers in the Loreleis are top shelf Scanspeak offerings and the massive crossovers are pure Symphonic Line ...

Careful!  You sound like you're becoming just a blathering fanboy!!  :lol:

I had been using the cones he supplied but on the reccomend of someone banished from here I tried Sistrum SP-004 "stands" for them.  Very nice!  Helped bring them to ear level (tweets) for me and really tightened things up!

You're right in all that you said about value of this gear.  Have you seen the crossovers?   When I got my original pair UPS beat them up so bad the crossovers came off the bottom of the cabinet.  I took some pictures, they are INSANE.

Bottom line is, the stuff sounds great.  When combined (Lorelei, Stratos, Tempest, Groneberg Cable, etc.) it just keeps getting better.  The ONLY upgrades I've considered since upping my Stereo Extreme to Mono ExtremeS is getting a couple Khartago's to replace my 5 channel HT amp so that I've got the same stuff all around.  When you toss in the warranty and for goodness sake the cost - how can you pass this up?!?

wiz

Loreleis have arrived
« Reply #10 on: 21 Sep 2005, 12:56 am »
Guys,
Thanks for the great info on the Loreleis. Keep it coming as info can be hard to come by. Peter, looks like I may be number 31...just ordered my Loreleis yesterday. Klaus talked me into a new darker cherry finish that he described as "walnut". I can't wait!!
He's also upgrading my Stratos to monos. Have to do the extreme upgrades soon...baby steps.
I'll pair them with my Tempest and Jolida JD-100.
Klaus is absolutely amazing in his ability to make you spend your hard earned money, but have a big smile on your face while doing it!! No complaints! The value and sound are amazing! Enjoy!

bunky

Loreleis have arrived
« Reply #11 on: 21 Sep 2005, 01:00 am »
Careful!  You sound like you're becoming just a blathering fanboy!!   i prefer the term Odyssey enthusiast. i am looking to educate the general public about "Audio by Klaus" i am on a mission. :singing: byteme, i saw pictures of the crossovers in the six moons review and i am not sure if i read it in the same review or not but apparently Rolf Gemien specified extra thick 2.5 mm wire in the mundorf coils and special wire had to be obtained in order to build these crossovers.

bunky

Loreleis have arrived
« Reply #12 on: 21 Sep 2005, 01:12 am »
Quote from: wiz
Guys,
Thanks for the great info on the Loreleis. Keep it coming as info can be hard to come by. Peter, looks like I may be number 31...just ordered my Loreleis yesterday. Klaus talked me into a new darker cherry finish that he described as "walnut". I can't wait!!
He's also upgrading my Stratos to monos. Have to do the extreme upgrades soon...baby steps.
I'll pair them with my Tempest and Jolida JD-100.
Klaus is absolutely amazing in his ability to make you spend your hard earned money, but have a big s ...
by reading my posts you know that i just got a pair of dark red cherry Loreleis. Klaus described them as mahogany in color. i describe them as absolutely gorgeous!

wiz

Loreleis have arrived
« Reply #13 on: 21 Sep 2005, 02:13 am »
I mentioned mahogony to Klaus and he said more like walnut, but I know they must be the same dark cherry you have. Klaus said he's making his new personal pair in the dark finish, so they must be gorgeous. Any pics? Thanks!

peter59

Loreleis have arrived
« Reply #14 on: 21 Sep 2005, 02:40 am »
Bunky, Btyeme, Wiz, and all other Odyssey listeners, You are absolutely  right on Klaus being a great salesman, All his products have been first rate, I feel the need to heavily promote his products because his products are amazing,and it is truly a shame that more people have no idea who Odyssey is. However, I believe as more of these forums get moving more will know and be able to experience musical nirvana. Everything he has said has been right on the money! He really does not get the credit he deserves. The only real issue is the waiting for his audio products. I too,  Bunky cannot contain myself and are very anxious to have these loreleis arrive. I was hoping someone had decided to cancel an already  ordered pair  so I can gladly step in and take early possession. sad to say no such luck... So for now I have no other choice but to watch the calendar and mark off the days until I can pick them up at the airport. I ordered mine in the light cherry wood I believe that is the same as the 6 moons reviewed speakers.

John151

Loreleis have arrived
« Reply #15 on: 21 Sep 2005, 01:34 pm »
I ordered mine in light Cherry because Cherry tends to darken with age.

byteme

Loreleis have arrived
« Reply #16 on: 21 Sep 2005, 02:33 pm »
Quote from: John151
I ordered mine in light Cherry because Cherry tends to darken with age.

Quote from: peter59
I ordered mine in the light cherry wood I believe that is the same as the 6 moons reviewed speakers.

The shade of cherry is a touch darker than shown in the 6Moons review, but it's lovely.  I actually prefer it this shade.  It does get a bit darker with aging and I also bought some Howard Feed - n - wax.  Deepens the shine and color, really brings out the beauty of the wood.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0006LB0YS/002-7844253-9728825?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance

Odyssey enthusiast

I try to do the same, promoting Klaus and his gear whenever possible.  My "fanboy" comment came from a reference a member here at AC made about my enjoyment of the Lorelei's.  The implication in no uncertain terms was that I was a completely unreliable source of information on how speakers sound because I was so blinded by the Lorelei's that I couldn't comment objectively and therefore my opinion should be ignored.  He, of course, was promoting speakers that were at the time the flavor of the month - oh, and also that he sold...:roll:  Glad you didn't follow that advice and happy to hear that you're enjoying your gear - that is after all what it's all about.  Even if I am just a fanboy...  :lol:

bunky

Loreleis have arrived
« Reply #17 on: 21 Sep 2005, 08:59 pm »
I try to do the same, promoting Klaus and his gear whenever possible.  My "fanboy" comment came from a reference a member here at AC made about my enjoyment of the Lorelei's.  The implication in no uncertain terms was that I was a completely unreliable source of information on how speakers sound because I was so blinded by the Lorelei's that I couldn't comment objectively and therefore my opinion should be ignored.  He, of course, was promoting speakers that were at the time the flavor of the month - oh, an ...
its easy to be a Odyssey fanboy.......i know people on other forums that will promote an  audio product that i know for a fact sounds like garbage because it is thier chosen brand. in fact i see this type of thing all the time. i first approached klaus because i wanted to replace an amplifier that i was dissatisfied with. i  called Klaus because i sensed that there was something special about Odyssey audio in fact i did not even know the audio circles existed at that time. i thought i had all my ducks in a row i wanted a stereo stratos extreme amplifier. i figured i couldnt afford the stratos monos just then. Klaus threw me a curve ball and said you should get the khartago monos. i asked why and he said they would sound better than the stereo extreme because of their higher current capability.i  asked how much more he said 50.00 less actually and i will throw in the 200.00 plitron transformer upgrade free of charge. this is not the way conversations go with your typical audio dealer. i said i wanted to biwire and he said he would throw in a extra set of wbt binding posts while he was at it. the khartago monos were a sweet pair of amplifiers that sounded wonderful. but i kept wondering if these little monos sound this good what will the mono extremes be like. six months later i call Klaus. i want a pair of mono extremes. he let me keep the little monos until i took delivery of my mono Extremes and rolled the price of the little monos into the cost of the big boys. i have bought  several other products and all of it sounded great and if it didnt i would say so in my posts. odyssey is head and shoulders above the rest of the audio companys that i know of. and with Odysseys very small budget for advertising i have the gratitude and the will to help get the message out to the people!

TjMV3

Loreleis have arrived
« Reply #18 on: 21 Sep 2005, 09:15 pm »
To me,  it speaks volumes more when someone keeps a pair of speakers (or any piece of gear) for years and refuses to part(because the gear is wonderful to their ears;  than the gear people sell after a few weeks or months (which in many cases is more of a testement of the person,  rather than the gear).

As long as an individual is happy with the sound he's getting,  it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks or says.  

When I was talking to Klaus about a pair Lorelei's ,  Klaus mistakenly assumed I wanted to trade-in my Nightingales.  He started talking about sending them back and figuring out the trade-in value.  I stopped him right there and told him I would not give up my Nightingales.   He asked .."no?"   I said....."No."  I love these speakers!  

Yeah,  they don't go down as low as the Lori' s or many other floorstanders.  Yeah,  they aren't the last word in detail.

But what they bring to the table is hard to find.  There's a certain tunefullness.....   musicality......  rightness to the Nightingales.   A sweet melodic rightness.  That's the best way that I can describe them.    I'll always have a place for them.

byteme

Loreleis have arrived
« Reply #19 on: 21 Sep 2005, 09:17 pm »
Agreed!  I think that's why others are hesitant to believe the comments about Odyssey.  You hear it all the time about any piece of gear - you see it in the magazines, rarely does anyone say anything bad.  How can EVERYTHING sound good?  With Odyssey I've never been less than thrilled with the gear - and I've said so.  I've tried other stuff that I didn't like and I've said that too.  It's not just worthless bleating because I own the gear and have to convince myself I like it.

Klaus is top notch.  I sent my Stereo Extreme in to get Monofied and picked up a second Mono Extreme to pair it with.  The Stereo was upgraded to the Red Board and current wiring - a perfect match for the new one.  I also had him cut up some TS Premium speaker wire into smaller chunks (since the monos would be closer to the speakers) and used the extra for a couple pair of IC's, only paid for the connectors.  His customer service is legendary and every bit of it spot on and well earned.  After UPS destroyed my first pair of Lorelei's rather than going through that again he met me 1/2 way to personally drop them off, well, it was better than him actually - he sent his wife!  The extra mile to say the least.