Shakeydeal

Re: DO NOT WASTE ENERGY !
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2015, 11:55 am »
Err, ok, I guess..........

Shakey

steve in jersey

« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2015, 12:23 pm »
I turned off the lights,but I can't turn off the other things as "I've fallen & I can't get up"

(Hey !, I just followed the diagram !)  :o

TomS

« Reply #3 on: 27 May 2015, 12:24 pm »
Klaus always turns off the lights when system is in use  :thumb:

steve in jersey

« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2015, 12:29 pm »
Klaus always turns off the lights when system is in use  :thumb:

I always knew Santa was a responsible guy !!! (what else does he have to do the other 11 months of the year !)  :roll:

(I was able to crawl over to my laptop & send this message, but I think I may have injured my other leg in the process )

Chrisandalex1

« Reply #5 on: 27 May 2015, 12:36 pm »
All 4 amps are on 24/7, but I feed the grid with Solar, and I produce way more than I use.  :)

Chrisandalex1

« Reply #6 on: 27 May 2015, 12:45 pm »
I am curious, if I am playing my music way louder than necessary, is this wasteful?  :green:

If so, I am wasting a lot of energy right now.

TAULISA

« Reply #7 on: 27 May 2015, 12:46 pm »
All 4 amps are on 24/7, but I feed the grid with Solar, and I produce way more than I use.  :)

:thumb:

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #8 on: 27 May 2015, 01:07 pm »
Here's an interesting low energy impact house:  http://www.ecocapsule.sk

For audiophiles, low energy approach would be laptop > DAC/digital headphone amp > headphones

Phil A

« Reply #9 on: 27 May 2015, 01:50 pm »
I have Solar as well and even with a pool pump running 8 hours I don't consume much electricity from the grid.

TAULISA

« Reply #10 on: 27 May 2015, 02:02 pm »
I have Solar as well and even with a pool pump running 8 hours I don't consume much electricity from the grid.
:thumb:

MtnHam

• Industry Participant
  • SoundLab and Fritz Speakers Dealer
« Reply #11 on: 27 May 2015, 03:33 pm »
My audio system as well as a lot of other items in the house are on 24/7. My pool pump runs 9-5. My grid-tied solar system produces approximately 900kwh/month and thus my electric bill and carbon footprint is ZERO!
  8)

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #12 on: 27 May 2015, 04:05 pm »
Same here. A small 4.32 KW PV system producing between 600 and 750 KWH/month provides nearly double the electricity we consume. It's only been in service for 6 months but that period includes the weakest solar months of the year so the future looks good. Since we are grid-tied we still get a small electric bill ($8.11/mo.) but that is offset by a rebate pegged to our production. This month I received a check for $18.18. That allows $10.07 to be put toward our small natural gas bill.
We are making money from electricity production while spending no money and keeping a carbon footprint of zero. I'm very pleased with my investment so far. Lower monthly overhead eases the apprehension associated with retirement. I'd like to get an electric car to use all our extra watts but the Prius uses very little gas for the little driving we do that the trade would work against us. Too bad - I really like the idea but can't justify it financially.
If everything goes as planned, I should be getting gas, electric, water, sewer and trash and recycling pickup all for about $80/month. Behind food and mortgage, cell phones will be our biggest monthly bill at $124.
Doesn't matter what amps I use or whether I ever shut them off or not. Central air conditioning and free electricity take care of any concerns in that area. LED bulbs help too.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #13 on: 27 May 2015, 04:12 pm »
macro, you could look into plug-in conversions for the Prius. I know they exist and were expensive years ago but the price may have come down by now...

Phil A

« Reply #14 on: 27 May 2015, 04:38 pm »
I just drove a couple of miles to eat lunch in my (electric) hot rod.  Didn't impress any chicks though :lol:

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #15 on: 27 May 2015, 04:42 pm »
I just drove a couple of miles to eat lunch in my (electric) hot rod.  Didn't impress any chicks though :lol:

They probably took your picture, Phil. Watch for yourself on Facebook. Crazy old goat driving a golf cart on the highway.

Phil A

« Reply #16 on: 27 May 2015, 04:58 pm »
They probably took your picture, Phil. Watch for yourself on Facebook. Crazy old goat driving a golf cart on the highway.

Actually I'm on Faceliftbook.com :lol:

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #17 on: 27 May 2015, 05:33 pm »
Actually I'm on Faceliftbook.com :lol:

Good one, Phil.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #18 on: 27 May 2015, 05:37 pm »
macro, you could look into plug-in conversions for the Prius. I know they exist and were expensive years ago but the price may have come down by now...

Thanks, Dave. I just looked into it. The conversion kit I saw goes for $8800 installed. Recently I saw a Chevy Volt at a dealer in Broomfield for $18,000 with 36,000 miles. I could sell my Prius for about $10K and spend the other $8K on a car I would rather own.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #19 on: 27 May 2015, 05:41 pm »
I hum all my favorite songs to myself, that's how responsible I am!