What was that one piece of equipment you regret selling??

SET Man

Re: What was that one piece of equipment you regret selling??
« Reply #40 on: 19 Feb 2021, 04:35 am »
Hey!

Hmmm, looking back I can't think of any that would want to get it back.  :scratch:

But this thread also got me to look around my system. Beside my recent purchase of a  cheap but cheerful Ortofon Super OM 10 last year to replace my well loved and worn out Benz Micro ACE HO for now. Look like over the years I have not changed my system that often like others do. The oldest component in my system right now is my Audio Note M1 Phono pre which I bought new back in 1997/98 so that was 23 years ago. And the newest component to my system that I bought was a used Sony CDR-W33 CD Recorder (made in 2000) back in 2012 which serve as CD transport right now.... still haven't transfer those cassette yet :roll:

I guess because I'm a DIYer I tend to fine tune and tinker around with things to make it sound like what "I" feel right instead of buying a new whole component to change the sound. And my system mostly wired with my own DIY cables also. :wink: By the way this also reminded that I do have things I need to sell also  :roll:

Buddy

veloceleste

« Reply #41 on: 19 Feb 2021, 04:11 pm »
Totem Arro speakers. Great speakers for a small room.
« Last Edit: 21 Aug 2023, 05:55 pm by veloceleste »

kingdeezie

« Reply #42 on: 19 Feb 2021, 05:38 pm »
Michel Gyro SE turntable. Now it costs twice what I paid for mine. Cool looking non-rectangular turntables are really hard to come by these days it seems. Unless I am looking in the wrong places.

Same mistake here. I had it with a technoarm, Dynavector 20X HO, and a Dodd phono preamp. So much fun. I stopped having time at the time to listen to vinyl, so I sold it.

I tried analog again with some VPI equipment, but it just wasn’t the same. Currently analogless and missing those spinning brass cylinders.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #43 on: 19 Feb 2021, 07:37 pm »
This is unreal - I just heard from the seller of that WooAudio headphone amp I just bought and it's my old unit, I sold it to him years ago!
I'm getting my old amp back, the exact same one.
I read this thread, thought about that amp, went onto eBay and there it was...

genjamon

« Reply #44 on: 19 Feb 2021, 07:53 pm »
Ha! That happened to me last year with some Zenwave D4 interconnects that I sold a few years ago. Funny world sometimes. Makes one think it’s actually literally a gear merry go round we’re on.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #45 on: 19 Feb 2021, 07:58 pm »
Some things are just meant to be.
I won't sell it a second time...

Randy

« Reply #46 on: 19 Feb 2021, 08:17 pm »
I didn't sell them, gave them away, a pair of Phiharmonic Audio "Slims" in a teak finish from Salk Audio.  I forgot I was going to move them to my TV room. They were great speakers, but I moved up to something different. Wish I still had them, but I won't ask the guy to give them back even though I know he probably would.

Randy

« Reply #47 on: 19 Feb 2021, 08:20 pm »
This is unreal - I just heard from the seller of that WooAudio headphone amp I just bought and it's my old unit, I sold it to him years ago!
I read this thread, thought about that amp, went onto eBay and there it was...

What a riot!

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #48 on: 19 Feb 2021, 08:41 pm »
Around 1988 I sold my Thorens TT after upgrading to a SOTA, and I simply threw in my mid-'70s Cotter phono SUT.  That was worth far more than the Thorens... :banghead:

Abby356

« Reply #49 on: 19 Feb 2021, 09:48 pm »
The industrial yet beautiful Almarro A205A Mkii.

Although I immediately joined AudioCircle and used the funds to replace it with the heirloom piece Almarro A318A; conveniently posted in the Trading Post back in 2007. Thank you to Lin a.k.a. "opnly bafld" for the generous deal.

Daniel

viggen

« Reply #50 on: 20 Feb 2021, 12:44 am »
in terms of value, Klipsch Heresey circa 1974.  prices have gone up.

in terms of function, Metrum Amethyst.  best amp/dac combo for my senn HD58X.  there are better dacs and amps but this combo is tight.

in terms of pure sonics, Origin Live Aurora with Trichord pre, Silver TA and Shelter cart.  I just don't play enough vinyl to justify it.
another in terms of sonics, Kora Crescendo.  Great sound but superfluous as I use integrated amp.

Rocket

« Reply #51 on: 20 Feb 2021, 08:39 am »
Hey Steve,

Well I'm totally surprised by this turn of event...

I read this thread, thought about that amp, went onto eBay and there it was.../quote]

Happy listening.

Cheers Rod

chezrock5

« Reply #52 on: 10 Apr 2021, 11:19 pm »
Bluesound Node 2, even though it wasn’t HiFi, it served a very valuable purpose and wish I didn’t sell it.