April Audition - Onix Ref 1 & GR- Criterion MTM

outlawrocketman

« on: 31 Mar 2003, 12:32 am »
Hi All,

Thanks to the help and support of both AV123 and GR-research, I'm going to have both the Onix Ref1s and the brand-new GR-Criterion MTM

Anyway, I'm in the Boston / Providence area, and I'm hoping others in the area would like to join me in auditioning them. Currently I have the Onix A-120 to drive them, but I might have a tube amp to try by audition time as well.

Not sure when the audition will be, as I'm waiting on the GR to be built and shipped. Likely the 2nd week in April. Already have the Ref1s and they are broken in. Hoping to break in the GRs before the audition.

So if interested, please get in touch and I'll keep you updated as things progress. This should be a lot of fun!

theranman

« Reply #1 on: 31 Mar 2003, 05:59 am »
hmmmm....wouldn't the "regular" Criterion be a more fair competitor to the Ref. 1's??

outlawrocketman

« Reply #2 on: 31 Mar 2003, 06:08 am »
Quote from: theranman
hmmmm....wouldn't the "regular" Criterion be a more fair competitor to the Ref. 1's??

Hi Ranman,

It's possible. But I'm going mostly on price. The Ref1 is at $1500 and the fully-assembled Criterion MTM is at  $1625. Kit price is around $1500 but I wanted the return possibility as I have not seen any reviews on the Criterion MTM.  The standard criterion is $1425 fully assembled, or less as a kit.

So the argument could be made either way as to which is the best match to the Ref 1. Personally, I'm interested in the MTM so I decided to go that way :-).

Danny Richie

New model
« Reply #3 on: 31 Mar 2003, 11:20 pm »
The new name for the MTM:

The Diluceo!

Price for the kit is $995.

Finished enclosures are $225. each

Throw in a sheet of Blackhole 5 ($48.) and it will bring you up to $1,493. plus shipping and you assemblem them.

I will have some finished units shipping out at the end of this week in a nice Maple finish.

I will get some pics made of them and get all the info up on the web page as soon as possible.

Brian Bunge

« Reply #4 on: 2 Apr 2003, 03:48 am »
I just sent Danny 2 pairs of maple Diluceo cabinets yesterday.  He should be receiving them by Thursday I'd imagine.  We're also working on a pair in faux gray marble.

theranman

« Reply #5 on: 2 Apr 2003, 03:55 am »
Bri,

Perhaps you'll post some pics of the gray marble?...hey, hey, hey...we like the gray.

Ran

Brian Bunge

« Reply #6 on: 2 Apr 2003, 04:08 am »
Soon as we get 'em done I'll post pics.