New bamboo SongTower QWT's - SOLD

jsalk

• Facilitator
    • Salk Signature Sound
New bamboo SongTower QWT's - SOLD
« on: 29 Oct 2013, 09:05 pm »
A short while ago, we received a nice email from a North Vietnamese gentleman who seemed to be in love with our SongTower design.  He ordered a pair in bamboo and enlisted the help of a local Vietnamese company to assist with logistics.  So we set out to build a pair for him.

About a month later, that same person emailed Bud Fried (which we handle) with a similar request.  I wondered why he would want two pairs of somewhat similar speakers. I began to get a little suspicious.

As we finished up the SongTowers, I decided to investigate the company that was helping coordinjate his order.  It turned out to be a Vietnamese speaker company. 

While I have absolutely no proof, my conclusion was that if we shipped the SongTowers, we would shortly have a lot of SongTower competition from Asia.  So we decided to cancel the sale and return the gentleman's money. 

Now the pair we built for him is available for immediate delivery.  Here are some pictures...

And a close-up...

This pair of bamboo SongTowers was just completed and is new.  They are available for $1995 plus $300 for the bamboo (which is now $380).  If you were considering a new pair of SongTowers, these might fit the bill.

- Jim
« Last Edit: 8 Nov 2013, 04:17 pm by jsalk »

robcentola

Re: New bamboo SongTower QWT's
« Reply #1 on: 29 Oct 2013, 09:45 pm »
Sneaky-sneaky. Good catch Jim! Those guys only delayed it for us who are waiting and rereading post after post about our speakers! :)

Those are beautiful. Someone is going to be really happy very soon.