Alkaline Diet

Bendingwave

• Restricted
Re: Alkaline Diet
« Reply #60 on: 6 May 2018, 10:43 pm »
Its so funny how some of you are claiming that a alkaline diet is nonsense and or hog wash are contradicting your own words and not even knowing it.

Healthy foods is alkaline.....unhealthy foods is acidic.

Carbs fall into the category of acidic foods which can cause a number of health problems hence why they are deemed Unhealthy foods.....Certain fats are alkaline and certain ones are acidic as there are good/healthy fats and then there are bad/unhealthy fats.

Since the original topic is on Alkaline foods we are talking about 3 types of Ph. Which is Alkaline, Neutral and Acidic.....Those that say a Alkaline diet is "nonsense" or "hog wash" are basically implying that a neutral or acidic diet is better then a alkaline diet.

Waiting for your excuses, oops I mean answers.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

jules

« Reply #61 on: 7 May 2018, 01:45 am »
Quite a few of the food items listed for the alkaline diet are actually acidic.

They would appear to contradict your claim that:

Healthy foods is alkaline.....unhealthy foods is acidic.

Diet decisions aren't as simple as acid bad, alkaline good.

To quote from one of your earlier posts Bendingwave;

Yes foods like Lemons are very alkaline and very good for you as I try to drink a cup of 1 fresh squeezed lemon juice a day.

Lemons aren't alkaline, they're acid, as in citric acid

The question posed by this thread is, does the Alkaline diet shown at the start of the thread answer the problem of acidosis.

Also, as FullRangeMan has said:

Please note alkaline diet is an alternative treatment only for people who need it, healthy people do not need it.

« Last Edit: 7 May 2018, 02:56 am by jules »

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #62 on: 7 May 2018, 02:22 am »
To keep both parties happy here, I must say that the pH of the blood should be kept below 8, otherwise there could be serious health risk, so the good range is really 7 to 8.

envydd

« Reply #63 on: 7 May 2018, 03:16 am »
Citrus is acidic to taste but apparently its "alkaline producing"

I have tried to experiment with an alkaline diet and it is very refreshing and I felt energetic

Quite a few of the food items listed for the alkaline diet are actually acidic.

To quote from one of your earlier posts Bendingwave;

Lemons aren't alkaline, they're acid, as in citric acid

The question posed by this thread is, does the Alkaline diet shown at the start of the thread answer the problem of acidosis.

Bendingwave

• Restricted
« Reply #64 on: 7 May 2018, 04:10 am »
Quite a few of the food items listed for the alkaline diet are actually acid.

You mean like lemons and limes?

It would only "APPEAR" to those that do not understand about the alkaline process of lemons and limes.

Yes its pretty that simple but its not simple to adhere to as its not everyones personal preference in food choices as most wont stick to there diet resolutions.

Alkaline diet can help treat and prevent acidosis.

Alkaline diet is not only used for alternative treatments....Its also used by healthy people to stay healthy and live a healthy life style.

Folsom

« Reply #65 on: 7 May 2018, 04:11 am »
Omg

jules

« Reply #66 on: 7 May 2018, 04:13 am »
I have tried to experiment with an alkaline diet and it is very refreshing and I felt energetic

Yes, why not, seems like a perfectly healthy list of food, though does it help with acidosis?

I'd ask though, if a fair number of the ingredients listed are actually acidic rather than alkaline, what is it about the diet that is actually alkaline and if we're talking about some post-digestion products, what are they?

Again, I quote from the list on page 1:

ALKALINIZING MINERALS
    Calcium: pH 12
    Cesium: pH 14
    Magnesium: pH 9
    Potassium: pH 14
    Sodium: pH 14

If we take this list literally, the suggestion is that sodium could be useful in your diet for "alkalinizing". Note, the suggestion is sodium, not a compound containing sodium, of which there are thousands.

If you were to put as little as a pin head sized piece of sodium on your tongue, you'd get an immediate vigorous reaction releasing large amounts of heat, burning a hole in your tongue and producing sodium hydroxide [a powerful alkaline agent]. If you follow up by swallowing the alkaline sodium hydroxide, when it hits your stomach it will be neutralized by the hydrochloric acid there, leaving sodium chloride[common salt] and a water.

So if the "alkalinizing" minerals aren't going to "alkalyze" anything, why should we believe that any of the other listed ingredients will? 

richidoo

« Reply #67 on: 7 May 2018, 08:20 am »
To keep both parties happy here, I must say that the pH of the blood should be kept below 8, otherwise there could be serious health risk, so the good range is really 7 to 8.

Hey doc! FYI, the pH range of of blood is between pH 7.35 - 7.45. If it deviates even for a short time, you're dead. ;)

Saliva pH varies from 5.0-8.0, and is a good indicator of general health status. It shows the mineral reserves inside the cells. The more alkaline the cells, the easier they can make ATP and use enzymes to do their job, and the more healthy the organism will be. Healthy young children have pH above 7. It's all downhill from there, once someone hands them a cookie!  :green:

The pH of food is determined by burning the food to ash and mixing with water and measuring the pH of the solution. It's the mineral content of the food that determines it's pH after digestion. The taste has no affect on how the food affects pH after digestion. They use the term acid forming, or alkaline forming food to differentiate between acid tasting food that doesn't push blood pH acidic and acid forming food which does affect pH.

Blood pH is buffered instantly by several buffer mechanisms. The buffers use mineral reserves to maintain the nominal blood pH. The more acid forming food you eat, the faster you use up the alkaline reserves, the faster the deterioration of general health. You can restore alkaline minerals to the cells by eating alkaline forming foods. But they require lots more alkaline foods to balance a little acid forming food.

The minerals need to be in balance with each other in specific ratios. You can't just eat a box of baking soda and suddenly you are 50 years younger. All the minerals need to be in balanced proportion with each other, and they exist in a living organism not as free ions, but as molecules within living proteins, so they are incorporated slowly over time. It is easy to kill a cell in a pH emergency to get the Potassium quickly, but it takes much longer to absorb and build living tissue loaded with potassium to replace what was lost so quickly. Usually it is potassium and magnesium that are lost most easily to stress and acid forming diet, and these cause the most illness and suffering in deficit. Eat those vegetables for magnesium and potassium!  :thumb:

Dr. Mark Sircus has a good book about using baking soda for healing that describes what actually happens inside the cell when pH falls from loss of alkaline minerals. Scary!

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #68 on: 6 Jul 2018, 02:07 am »
Want to update my alkaline diet that I came to adapt to my age and immune system:
I had to quite the black pepper due saturation,
I got saturated and had to stop taking it.

I want inform the Sodium Bicarbonate is a great remedy to me, it was a real surprise, I just feel real better instantly I take it, to be precise in about 3 to 5 seconds I take it I feel a strong benefit in my head and muscles that are not great in my age.

I want confirm coffee also is a good food and supplement to me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFuCeST4oJ8
Now this is the current diet that I had made to myself:
- 5 tablets of brewer's yeast per day
- Vitamin C 1g per day
- Sometimes pear, apple, watermelon and strawberry seeds
- 2 cups of coffee with milk without sugar per day
- 1 serving of goji berry rehydrated with water
- 1 serving of raw quinoa with bread.
- 2 serving per day sodium bicarbonate with water.

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #69 on: 6 Jul 2018, 02:28 am »
I managed to get to age 69 with absolutely no concern whatsoever with my diet or healthy eating.
I eat what ever I feel like eating. Period.

OzarkTom

« Reply #70 on: 6 Jul 2018, 02:34 am »

I want inform the Sodium Bicarbonate is a great remedy to me, it was a real surprise, I just feel real better instantly I take it, to be precise in about 3 to 5 seconds I take it I feel a strong benefit in my head and muscles that are not great in my age.

I know it sounds very strange, but some doctors are now saying cancer is a fungus, and  Sodium Bicarbonate will knock out cancer. But do your own research, I am not a doctor.

http://drsircus.com/cancer/cancer-treatment-overview/

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
« Reply #71 on: 6 Jul 2018, 02:47 am »
I know it sounds very strange, but some doctors are now saying cancer is a fungus, and  Sodium Bicarbonate will knock out cancer. But do your own research, I am not a doctor.

http://drsircus.com/cancer/cancer-treatment-overview/
some doctors are now saying cancer is a fungus,
It make sense as in 2014/15 I had tinnitus fungus.

I no surprise if SB can kill various cancers types, I see one doc saying cancer is built by the lack of Vit B17 on the body, which is a hard to find Vit.

Early B.

« Reply #72 on: 6 Jul 2018, 02:51 am »
I managed to get to age 69 with absolutely no concern whatsoever with my diet or healthy eating.

Just imagine how much improved your life and mental acuity would have been if you had adopted a healthy lifestyle 50 years ago. Of course, there are no guarantees in life, but healthier is always better.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #73 on: 6 Jul 2018, 03:29 am »

That’s my way of eating too, but more often than not, I find myself eating things conventional wisdom says aren’t the best... such as pizza, pasta, burgers, fries, sub sandwiches, fried chicken etc. Like Trump, I must have some pretty fabulous genes to get away with eating those things considering my health.

Don’t get me wrong, that’s not all that I eat. I like fruit, especially fresh fruit, but I’ve never been to keen on the veggies. Salads are doable, as are stir fries - mainly peepers with onions and mushrooms. But veggies like broccoli, carrots, asparagus etc are something I’ll only eat on very rare occasions.

So Elizabeth, out of curiously, what foods do you eat and enjoy most often?

Bendingwave

• Restricted
« Reply #74 on: 6 Jul 2018, 05:05 am »

A lot of people eat whatever they want to eat without any concern regardless of there underlying health issues.  :lol:

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
« Reply #75 on: 27 Jul 2018, 09:25 pm »
I would like inform I add guaraná powder to my alkaline diet and see great results on the same day excellent product and very cheap, however it takes away sleep.
Iam very happy with my health now.

Bendingwave

• Restricted
« Reply #76 on: 27 Jul 2018, 09:40 pm »
I would like inform I add guaraná powder to my alkaline diet and see great results on the same day excellent product and very cheap, however it takes away sleep.
Iam very happy with my health now.

That's the caffeine talking.   :lol:

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
« Reply #77 on: 27 Jul 2018, 10:14 pm »

That's the caffeine talking.   :lol:
Iam aware this, besides not being a problem caffeine raises my low blood pressure.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
« Reply #78 on: 14 Oct 2018, 07:37 pm »
With this alkaline diet I realize I have to control the ph blood.
This is a cheap and 0.25 precision method intended to clinical:
https://br.pipingrock.com/overcounter-pharmacy/ph-test-strips-for-saliva-and-urine-100-test-strips-40221

Bendingwave

• Restricted
« Reply #79 on: 14 Oct 2018, 09:47 pm »
some doctors are now saying cancer is a fungus,
It make sense as in 2014/15 I had tinnitus fungus.

I no surprise if SB can kill various cancers types, I see one doc saying cancer is built by the lack of Vit B17 on the body, which is a hard to find Vit.

Its not hard to find as its a natural supplement found in certain foods....one of the most abundant levels of B-17 is found in apricot seeds.
It tastes like a very bitter almond.

Apple seeds have B-17. Do you all remember the old school saying of a apple a day keeps the doctor away? A old timer who use to raise horses told me that none of his horses ever got cancer because he usually fed them apples every other day give or take a few days.

My chihuahua is very picky when it comes to food as she knows what is healthy and what is not....for example she will NOT eat McDonalds french fries but she will gladly accept a apricot seed even if its fricken bitter.

BTW another B vitamin not readily known is B-15 pangamic acid or the supplement DMG that helps your body produce more pangamic acid.