Why are cancer pills so expensive?

OzarkTom

Re: Why are cancer pills so expensive?
« Reply #20 on: 23 Jan 2013, 01:29 am »
Thanks for the advice.
I should know more in March, hopefully it will be good news, if so I'll post it here.
In the mean time I'll will try and keep working and search for information via the net. If I find interesting info maybe I will post that here also.

Tks
Ray

Ray,

That video on cancer is very powerful and informative. You will probably learn more in two hours watching the video than a whole month's worth of searching the net. I would highly recommend it to anyone over 20 years old that wants to stay away from or cure their cancer.

saisunil

« Reply #21 on: 23 Jan 2013, 01:50 am »

I gave him and his dad 100,000 frequent flyer miles so they could fly here:

http://www.oasisofhope.com/

That gift alone was good for his cancer  :thumb:
Good Karma!

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #22 on: 23 Jan 2013, 02:29 am »
I am just learning so much "detox" and pH of your body and keeping your body more alkaline / less acidic ...

Good health to all
You hit the point. Acid blood is a paradise for cancer.

Fact= All sodas and most bottled water are acid, Coke Ph is 2,5 =incredlible acid, it is a slow poison.

Fact: On alkaline blood there is no cancer.

Fact: The blood normal pH is 7,35 - 7,45 (neutral), remember Coke pH is so low as 2,5 ...

Fact: The body of a newborn is 85% water, very alkaline.

Fact: The body of an elderly man has only 60% water(acid, bad water).

Practice your Portuguese here, this video changed my life for better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78ZTSbNErJI
This medical had 65 y/o at the time of this congress to doctors, but he looks 45/50 y/o.

cheap-Jack

« Reply #23 on: 23 Jan 2013, 02:57 pm »
Hi.
You hit the point. Acid blood is a paradise for cancer.

Fact= All sodas and most bottled water are acid, Coke Ph is 2,5 =incredlible acid, it is a slow poison.

Fact: On alkaline blood there is no cancer.

Fact: The blood normal pH is 7,35 - 7,45 (neutral), remember Coke pH is so low as 2,5 ...

Fact: The body of a newborn is 85% water, very alkaline.

Practice your Portuguese here, this video changed my life for better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78ZTSbNErJI
This medical had 65 y/o at the time of this congress to doctors, but he looks 45/50 y/o.

Yes, keeping our body AKALINE is the basic way to kick out cancer from our body.
One best way to keep our body from acidic is eat LESS meat, which makes our body acidic.

No coffee, no alcohol, no pops (no SUGAR), only GREEN tea is another effective way to stop cancers from growing inside our body. That's why I only drink GREEN tea any day!

Cancer cells feed on sugars. Less pops, less sweets help bigtime in cancer immunity.

Cancer cells which always exist in our body, which grows rapidly in non-oxygen environment. So to stop them from growing simply doing exercises - Oxygen bearing exercises - best OUTdoor - like jogging, hiking & outdoor workouts which take in fresh oxgyen.

Another simple recipe to stop cancer growing in our body is - honey+cinnamon powder (per a published medical paper). I use it as my toast spread for my breakfast DAILY instead of jam which is another processed food, should be avoided as much as possible.

I can carry on & on healthy food recommendation against cancer...

c-J

Devil Doc

• On the road to Perdition
« Reply #24 on: 23 Jan 2013, 03:13 pm »
Gee, I guess I must have taken the wrong physiology classes.

Doc

cheap-Jack

« Reply #25 on: 23 Jan 2013, 03:21 pm »
Hi.

Doc
How "wrong" you think are those classes?

c-J

vortrex

« Reply #26 on: 23 Jan 2013, 03:50 pm »

Cancer cells feed on sugars.

Another simple recipe to stop cancer growing in our body is honey+cinnamon powder

doesn't honey have sugars in it?

vortrex

« Reply #27 on: 23 Jan 2013, 03:52 pm »

I think this is not fact and actually 60% is the avg for a healthy adult.

Arthur Guyton 's Textbook of Medical Physiology states that "the total amount of water in a man of average weight (70 kilograms) is approximately 40 litres, averaging 57 percent of his total body weight. In a newborn infant, this may be as high as 75 percent of the body weight, but it progressively decreases from birth to old age, most of the decrease occurring during the first 10 years of life. Also, obesity decreases the percentage of water in the body, sometimes to as low as 45 percent".[1][2] These figures are statistical averages, so are illustrative, and like all biostatistics, will vary with things like type of population, age and number of people sampled, and methodology. So there is not, and cannot be, a figure that is exactly the same for all people, for this or any other physiological measure. For example, Jackson's (1985) Anatomy & Physiology for Nurses gives a figure of 60% for the proportion of body-weight attributable to water, which approximates Guyton's 57%.

cheap-Jack

« Reply #28 on: 23 Jan 2013, 04:27 pm »
Hi.
doesn't honey have sugars in it?

Honey is supersaturarted with natural sugar, not those synthetic sugars used in pops & sweets.

It is probably the only food on this planet that does not go bad leaving on the shelf without refrigeration.

c-J

Devil Doc

« Reply #29 on: 23 Jan 2013, 05:13 pm »
Synthetic, is probably not the word to use. Refined would be more appropriate.
Honey is a very simple sugar, mostly fructose and glucose. The same sugar your body produces from more complex carbohydrates. It isn't, however as benign as you may think. Sugar is sugar as far as the body is concerned.
Doc

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #30 on: 23 Jan 2013, 06:01 pm »
Doc is right - sugar is sugar.  Glucose is metabolized by every cell in your body, while fructose hits your liver in much the same way that alcohol does. 

Since the liver is your primary means of detoxing substances, and the fact that dislipidemia start in the liver, probably best to avoid stuff that puts a strain on the liver.  Which means honey, alcohol, table sugar, agave nectar, high fructose corn syrup. 

On the other hand, stuff that has glucose but not a lot of fructose seems to be fairly benign.  Potatoes, rice, root veggies, all can be metabolized without hitting the liver.  As long as you are not insulin resistant or some form of diabetic, I am pretty certain that most starches are perfectly healthy.

Getting back to cancer, I do think eating processed foods (grains and sugars), does promote disease in humans, and that avoiding grains and sugar can help prevent developing something in the first place.  BUT, there's a big difference between preventing and TREATING something once you have it.  Please don't shun modern medicine if you have a serious disease like cancer.  That's a mistake that Steve Jobs made, and I believe he paid for it with his life. 

cheap-Jack

« Reply #31 on: 23 Jan 2013, 06:45 pm »
Hi.
quote author=Tyson link=topic=113442.msg1181559#msg1181559 date=1358964080]

...  Please don't shun modern medicine if you have a serious disease like cancer.  That's a mistake that Steve Jobs made, and I believe he paid for it with his life. [/quote]

I am yet to read any curable cancer cases.

Is cancer curable???? My eye-witnessed the nitemare torture suffered by my youngest brother who died of final stage of skin cancer spread all over to his lungs. He took different latest cancer curing study medications in my city's specialty cancer hospital for a whole year. Still he passed away after suffering big bigtime. I feel extremely sorry for him.

Steve Jobs did not make such a fatal mistake as many think so. He knew too well his cancer was incurable which I fully agree to. He only wanted to spend his limited time of his life to do what he wanted to do. I think he had achieved.

I still recalled Jobs said the only thing he regretted he did not do was he did not spend enough time for his family. I fully agreed.

c-J

Tyson

« Reply #32 on: 23 Jan 2013, 07:05 pm »
I think the data show that we are clearly getting better at treating cancer over time.

Not perfect, and certainly we don't have a "cure", but given how much worse we are as a population in other health areas such as obesity, diabetes, and heart disease, it makes the improvements in cancer survival even more remarkable.

cheap-Jack

« Reply #33 on: 23 Jan 2013, 07:13 pm »
I think the data show that we are clearly getting better at treating cancer over time.

Not perfect, and certainly we don't have a "cure", but given how much worse we are as a population in other health areas such as obesity, diabetes, and heart disease, it makes the improvements in cancer survival even more remarkable.

Data is only a statistic.

Wait until you get cancer one day (everyone will get it depending how sooner or later)...... I am NOT cursing, I am stating a fact.

The key question is: how can we handle cancer once we get it  - medically & emotionally.

c-J

PS: believe it or not, I read a poster on life killing diseases in a public hospital - blood clot is the worst disease which kills lives more than heart attacks, cancers & HIV add together!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Devil Doc

« Reply #34 on: 23 Jan 2013, 07:21 pm »
Ya gotta die of something and everyone I know goes away in the end.

Doc

Tyson

« Reply #35 on: 23 Jan 2013, 07:22 pm »
Data is only a statistic.

Wait until you get cancer one day (everyone will get it depending how sooner or later)...... I am NOT cursing, I am stating a fact.

The key question is: how can we handle cancer once we get it  - medically & emotionally.

c-J

So you're saying that people aren't living longer nowadays after getting cancer than they did in the past?  That's my only point, that they are, because modern treatments are better.  The data supports my point.

I'm not saying that it wouldn't suck to come down with pancreatic, brain, lung, or stomach cancer, because those are pretty much death sentences.  But testicle, prostate, lymphoma, breast cancer, all seem pretty manageable. 

cheap-Jack

« Reply #36 on: 23 Jan 2013, 07:37 pm »
Hi.

I'm not saying that it wouldn't suck to come down with pancreatic, brain, lung, or stomach cancer, because those are pretty much death sentences.  But testicle, prostate, lymphoma, breast cancer, all seem pretty manageable.

All depends how 'lucky' or unlucky one is when he/she gets cancer. It might be manageable if discovered
at very very initial stage.

Take prostate cancer as an example, my brother-in-law discoverd his postate level jumped a big too high.
He got check-up & found out it was very initial postate cancer.  So he has had his postates removed 100%, It was only a few months back. So far so good. God bless him. Amen.

Another friend's husband got the same postate level getting a big too high. So he kept on checking periodically but he was diagnosed of having postate cancer. He fought his fatal disease for 3 years after
treated with the best study medications & finally passed away, leaving behind his young wife.

We never know. Hopefully, Warren Buffett knows better with his tons of wealth back him up.

c-J

Tyson

« Reply #37 on: 23 Jan 2013, 08:29 pm »
Obviously statistical odds are just that - statistical odds.  But I'd much rather get cancer now, where the overall 10 year survival rate is 50% (averaging together all cancers), rather than in 1971, where it was about 20%.  A 50% chance of surviving is a hell of a lot better than an 80% likelihood of dying. 

In a sense, anyone surviving cancer is lucky.  We just have more people surviving (and therefore "lucky") than we did in 1971.

As for me, I probably won't die of cancer, since I had a heart attack at 34 years old.  Far more likely that I'll die of heart disease.  No surprise there - Heart Disease kills 25% of the population, and cancer kills 25% also.  That's half of all deaths between them.  Every other cause of death is small potatoes compared to these 2. 

Source of the info is page 9 of this document - http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr61/nvsr61_07.pdf

wshuff

« Reply #38 on: 23 Jan 2013, 09:02 pm »
Tyson, I remember following your posts after your heart attack.  As I recall you talked about needing to go on a very strict diet.  My doctor is a big proponent of the diet set out by Dr. Esselstyn in this book and has used it with success for both his patients and himself.

http://www.amazon.com/Prevent-Reverse-Heart-Disease-Nutrition-Based/dp/1583333002/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358974783&sr=8-1&keywords=cure+and+prevent+heart+disease

Do you follow something similar? 

Folsom

« Reply #39 on: 23 Jan 2013, 09:11 pm »

Doc

Right...

Green Tea helps removal sugars from cells, that are per-cancerous. Essentially when cancer breaks off from the localized area and spreads it may choose areas with the attached sugars, or rather be attracted to it. That is the interesting thing, when localized it appears to grow predictably, but when it breaks off and spreads it is a randomized processes. This is actually a great time to deal with in a sense (but that is a new area of exploration in science). These sugars are not dietary sugars such as glucose and sucrose (table sugar), but rather metabolic left-overs and such (advanced glycation end-products is one example).

What can you do?

First get your gut flora in order to keep your immune system up. The best way to do this is a combination of blood type and phenotype (or rather mostly phenotype, but blood type determines phenotype possibilities).

Treat your cells to encourage them to have proper function (cancer is essentially mis-scribed DNA). There are a lot of things that encourage better cellular metabolism and function. For example keeping things like programmed cell death functioning, as well as general metabolism is, well as you may imagine, important. The only thing we have that can actively do this is known as Trehalose.

Everything else is a bit more complicated with trying to convince proper cellular function and somewhat person specific. Histones, methylation, etc. But there are good modifiers such as Quercetin(NAP makes the best vitamins out there, people report taking significantly less dosages for same benefits).

That link I gave, the visit, supplements, etc, wouldn't even come close to one month worth of pills. We are talking hundreds of dollars, not thousands. All the information given would be something similar to  what people are suggesting on the board here.