FS: Bolder modded Eastern Electric MiniMax DAC $900

ajayrav

FS: Bolder modded Eastern Electric MiniMax DAC $900
« on: 18 Jun 2013, 11:03 pm »
Price reduced..... Now $900

Up for sale is a Level One Bolder modded Eastern Electric Minimax DAC with the volume control disabled.  On its own Alex Yeung's DAC has garnered universal praise as an extremely detailed, yet highly musical DAC.  It uses the much vaunted Sabre chip.

Reviews are myriad.  Below is a link for one

http://www.stereomojo.com/Eastern%20Electric%20MiniMax%20DAC%20Review/EasternElectricMiniMaxDACReview.htm

Their conclusion? " As for awarding the Eastern Electric MiniMax DAC our MAximum Mojo Award, that's a true no-brainer. It's also high on our list for a Product of the Year. Congrats to Bill O'Connell of Morningstar and creator Alex Yeung"

The Bolder mod ups the ante even further.  Wayne's mod increases the detail and slam, yet makes the DAC even more musical.  He disables the volume control as part of his mod and changes the fuse and tubes as well.  Bill O'connel the distributor for the Eastern Electric DAC loved the Bolder mods on his personal unit as did countless others who sang its praises on Audiocircle.  It is really a shame that Wayne isn't in the modding business any more.  This mod, and his Squeezebox Touch mod are forces to be reckoned with!

Below is a review for the modded DAC from StereoMojo

http://www.stereomojo.com/Eastern%20Electric%20MiniMax%20DAC%20Review/BOLDERMODIFIEDEASTERNELECTRICMINIDAC.htm

An excerpt: "Here we have a marvelous product a gifted mod expert has made even better, and I thought that had to be an impossible feat. Bolder Cable Company has modified a lot of different gear, but some owners of the Eastern Electric DAC may believe this to be beyond even its creator’s dreams.

Summing all of this old-lady perfumed flowery stuff, the EE DAC has its tube output, OR NOT, with the choice via a button on the front panel. If you have owned tube gear, you know how sound can be tailored by your choice of tubes…if you never owned tube gear…well, now you KNOW. Wayne at Bolder loves the Pavane tube available from Grant Fidelity. There are lots of choices for tubes, and you need but one…the most expensive is still ½ the price most gear demands (most use two in stereo circuitry).

I found, with my stock DAC, I liked the tube sound in my big rig and the SS sound with my office system, both knocked my slippers off.

Recommended for those who have the scratch. Heck, recommended for those who DON’T have the scratch."

Comes with powercord, Psvane tube, OEM tube, manual and double box.

Shipping via UPS will be around $25 and will be paid by the buyer.  Paypal only, and I'll absorb the surcharge.

Thanks,
Ajay

« Last Edit: 26 Jul 2013, 12:29 am by ajayrav »

jfsing

Re: FS: Bolder modded Eastern Electric MiniMax DAC $1000
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jun 2013, 04:40 pm »
Is this the Stage One?

ajayrav

« Reply #2 on: 20 Jul 2013, 02:35 am »
Woops, Just noticed this now...  Level one and I've changed the original description to make it explicit.

Cheers,
Ajay

ajayrav

« Reply #3 on: 26 Jul 2013, 12:29 am »
Bump for price reduction...

Now $900.....

Ajay

Goosepond

• Virna!
Re: FS: Bolder modded Eastern Electric MiniMax DAC $900
« Reply #4 on: 27 Jul 2013, 02:03 am »