computer not starting

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: computer not starting
« Reply #80 on: 9 Feb 2018, 01:23 am »
I would first make sure you have the latest BIOS firmware from HP and fix the settings issue above and then go for it! Actually I would make sure I had all of the latest HP drivers for it but I am not sure if this is relevant for a Windows 10 upgrade.
Very relevant.

soundofrockets

« Reply #81 on: 9 Feb 2018, 01:26 am »
I am presuming that the BIOS driver will be available in the hp/compaq website! 

Doublej

« Reply #82 on: 9 Feb 2018, 02:41 am »
I am presuming that the BIOS driver will be available in the hp/compaq website! 

Yes it should. You may also find a tool that will automatically scan the machine for HP updates (graphics, wifi card drivers, etc.) and assist with downloading and installing them.

soundofrockets

« Reply #83 on: 9 Feb 2018, 02:49 am »
What tool is that and where would I find it?

srb

« Reply #84 on: 9 Feb 2018, 02:54 am »

soundofrockets

« Reply #85 on: 9 Feb 2018, 02:56 am »
Got it.  This will be number 1 issue to deal with.  Thanks.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #86 on: 9 Feb 2018, 03:09 am »
Yes it should. You may also find a tool that will automatically scan the machine for HP updates (graphics, wifi card drivers, etc.) and assist with downloading and installing them.
W10 are doing update in PC drivers automatic, on my PC first time was an video card driver, second time was an sound card driver.

On the video driver I had to send the W10 find the driver, but in the second case the W10 has fixed itself, very nice.

soundofrockets

« Reply #87 on: 9 Feb 2018, 07:26 am »
seems like there are tons of critical updates to window 7 pro that need to be downloaded and installed.  Doing couple at a time - if i do all of them the computer seems to freeze. 

Unable to download/install HP Support Assistant - will try once all the critical updates are downloaded and installed. 

soundofrockets

« Reply #88 on: 19 Feb 2018, 06:38 am »
updates from today.

still no luck.

got a new product key for windows 10 pro.  downloaded the software on a thumb drive and attempted the install.  i get an error "0x8007025D" and install gets cancelled. 

Not sure what the heck is going on?

Doublej

« Reply #89 on: 19 Feb 2018, 11:45 am »
Don't know if this will be useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbJ_i32RraA

Are you sure your disk drive is OK and has enough space for the the OS?