Supercharged Alnico XRS?

pursuitofnow

Supercharged Alnico XRS?
« on: 22 Nov 2016, 06:26 pm »
Has anyone done custom Super Alnico XRS with deepOmega 8 built in to the cabinet? Thoughts on if this would be a good combo?

Amp is Decware SE84 UFO. Room is 20 x 15 or so.

HiFiJeff

• Restricted
  • Money Never Sleeps!
Re: Supercharged Alnico XRS?
« Reply #1 on: 22 Nov 2016, 11:29 pm »
Has anyone done custom Super Alnico XRS with deepOmega 8 built in to the cabinet? Thoughts on if this would be a good combo?

Amp is Decware SE84 UFO. Room is 20 x 15 or so.

I have the Super 3XRS with the Omega 8 built in and the Decware SE84UFO in a room that is 19x14 and it's stunning. The speed of the RS5 driver and the built in 8 that handles the low end is stunning! I can't believe the huge sound this combination produces. I think if you went with tht Supe Alnico XRS, there wouldn't be as much of a need for a sub. But the combination of the RS5 driver and 8 is pretty seamless. I can't tell there is a subwoofer, it just blends perfectly. 

pursuitofnow

Re: Supercharged Alnico XRS?
« Reply #2 on: 23 Nov 2016, 05:47 pm »
Thanks for the reply Jeff! That's nice to hear that they are balanced. I had wondered if there was too much size difference making it hard to adjust. I recently ordered a deepOmega sub from Louis that should be here next week. I'll try that first with the Dayton PS220-8's I'm using for speakers and see where I'm at.