Folsom's great little 7297 Chip Amp

pinkfloyd4ever

Re: Folsom's great little 7297 Chip Amp
« Reply #100 on: 21 Jan 2016, 02:19 am »
You need to give it a cool name. Allow me to suggest "The Piledriver"  :weights:  :banana piano:

pinkfloyd4ever

« Reply #101 on: 21 Jan 2016, 02:25 am »
Anyone have an approximate Mouser BOM cost yet?

Also, Folsom, you're just selling boards right, not complete kits?

Folsom

« Reply #102 on: 21 Jan 2016, 03:00 am »
Anyone have an approximate Mouser BOM cost yet?

Also, Folsom, you're just selling boards right, not complete kits?

A commercial version will have a name (and won't be cheap). This one I just call the DIY7297, and Antipole PSU.

No complete kits. The only way I'll match pricing for a complete kit is if I can get about 50 orders. Otherwise it's 2x what it costs you. And that would be a parts kit, actually.

Hi there, these look fantastic.
What is the cost of the boards shipped to CT? And what is the cost of the components to populate them? Is there a volume pot or should I use a pre-amp with this?
I hope when some of these get built that they get some images posted up here.
I'd like to put both boards in the same box. Can you tell me roughly how tall and wide the populated boards are and how much clearance should be left around them?
Thanks so much.
Mike

Shipping is $6. There's no place for volume on the boards. You can add one to your enclosure if you like (there's plenty of wiring guides online). In my BOM and guide I recommend the chinese DACT 10k D-shaft from eBay, in order to achieve full results.

I just redid the total cost, now all available on Mouser, at $126.08. That's with larger capacitors and transformer than originally used, and a few updated parts. It also saves you $10 shipping from another company. This is with full updates. Obviously you'll have to pick up your own fasteners, heatsink (I provided details of what I used), enclosure, connectors, etc. I've also included notes for different PSU caps and transformers. Unfortunately the transistor heatsink is out of stock.

The Antipole has parts on it that reach up to 2in high, so a bit more than that with leads and wires sticking out the bottom. The board size is 7 1/4" x 3" in.  The amplifier board is 4 1/2" x 2" in. However you must remember the chip needs a heatsink so the 2" measurement needs to include the heatsink (and the chip extends beyond the board just a hair).

The BOM and build notes go out tomorrow after I receive an overnight-ed package, so I can check once last thing :thumb:

The paid for items are being packaged up. I assembled all the boxes and am working on packaging so they can go out tomorrow!

Folsom

« Reply #103 on: 21 Jan 2016, 03:10 am »
Digikey has the transistor heatsink in stock, so no waiting! (just a little more $ to ship)

jseipp

« Reply #104 on: 21 Jan 2016, 04:01 am »
You've been really generous throughout with sharing your experience and the results of your experiments -- congratulations and thanks for producing a design with all the best of your work included and that is truly your own!

Folsom

« Reply #105 on: 21 Jan 2016, 07:51 am »

lacro

« Reply #106 on: 21 Jan 2016, 03:14 pm »
Do you have the BOM for both Mouser and Digikey? I find Digikey shipping to less than Mouser. I live in the East.

uroford

« Reply #107 on: 21 Jan 2016, 05:08 pm »
I've been lurking on this thread for awhile and the TPA3116 for years, actually just joined so I could get one of these. Newbie so no PM yet, do you have any idea when you will be up in the Industry ads section so I can purchase one? I hope this question doesn't violate protocol.
Thanks,
-Steve

Folsom

« Reply #108 on: 21 Jan 2016, 05:19 pm »
I do not. Mouser isn't perfect but the tools it offers are so much more useful to me.

It is however fairly easy to plug part numbers into digikey after you've uploaded the BOM to Mouser.

Folsom

« Reply #109 on: 22 Jan 2016, 12:49 am »

Odal3

« Reply #110 on: 22 Jan 2016, 12:59 am »
 :thumb:

KR500

« Reply #111 on: 22 Jan 2016, 11:24 pm »
You've been really generous throughout with sharing your experience and the results of your experiments -- congratulations and thanks for producing a design with all the best of your work included and that is truly your own

+1
« Last Edit: 23 Jan 2016, 02:30 am by KR500 »

Folsom

« Reply #112 on: 24 Jan 2016, 10:18 pm »
For those of you that haven't put in an order, and got the email, here's the board populated; that several of you received yesterday, or tomorrow.

Odal3

« Reply #113 on: 26 Jan 2016, 04:41 am »
Got it today! Impressed by the packaging and the look and feel of the PCB. Now I only need to get all the parts and free up some time for putting it all together...

Folsom

« Reply #114 on: 26 Jan 2016, 06:29 am »
I can't wait for the builds to come in!

Hell, I've even got my first "hey my amp isn't as refined as compared to my XXXX commercial expensive thing" solution, depending on what their source is like.  :thumb:

uroford

« Reply #115 on: 28 Jan 2016, 05:28 pm »
Is there a link to the BOM and build notes? I received the boards but no other info.
Thanks,
-Steve

Folsom

« Reply #116 on: 28 Jan 2016, 08:45 pm »
Did you check email? I'll resend it.

uroford

« Reply #117 on: 29 Jan 2016, 01:40 pm »
Got it now, thanks.

KR500

« Reply #118 on: 30 Jan 2016, 10:05 pm »
I received my PCB's , thanks to Folsom . I printed out the BOM and other files and will get an order in . Due to work constraints I won't be assembling this until spring but plan on building and posting pics here . I hope it works well with the Folsom posted Volume Control Device I built this summer .
A question , do you keep the Panasonic capacitors a little off the board or mount flush ?

Folsom

« Reply #119 on: 30 Jan 2016, 10:28 pm »
I received my PCB's , thanks to Folsom . I printed out the BOM and other files and will get an order in . Due to work constraints I won't be assembling this until spring but plan on building and posting pics here . I hope it works well with the Folsom posted Volume Control Device I built this summer .
A question , do you keep the Panasonic capacitors a little off the board or mount flush ?

Flush