Must have more power. Cranking up the juice!

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
Re: Must have more power. Cranking up the juice!
« Reply #100 on: 7 Mar 2010, 10:37 pm »
I'm sure this is a great part - linear and fully regulated - but it's only 5A and 10A would be even better.  If you find alternatives to the Astron LS-10A at the same price or lower, let me know!  You're thinking along the right lines... Not only are bench supplies nice, but radio base station supplies (like the Astron) are generally well regulated and stable.  Big and ugly but it seems that you're over that!  The DC-DC power cord simply needs a 2.1mm ID x 5.5mm OD bullet plug on it.

danieljtb

« Reply #101 on: 8 Mar 2010, 12:14 am »
Seth  the cheapest price ive found so far for the Astron is 115.95 at  Ross Distributors   
rossdist.com/shopping/pricelist.asp?prid=2037

Will let you know if i find some alternatives for less
thanks   Daniel

virtue

• Facilitator
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #102 on: 8 Mar 2010, 12:25 am »
If you can find them cheaper elsewhere, go for it!  We'd like to sell you an amp and if you buy a PSU from us, or not, OK!

danieljtb

« Reply #103 on: 8 Mar 2010, 05:10 am »
Hi Seth  two posts up you wrote   "If you find alternatives to the Astron LS-10A at the same price or lower, let me know! " 

that's the only reason I went looking for the Astron...to see what its spec were, so i'd know what to look for in the way of alternatives.  alone the way I found the Astron for the price i mentioned  Just clarifying my intent.  As for my own psu search, I am trying to see what's out there for under $100... which is why I mention the Pyramid

virtue

• Facilitator
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #104 on: 10 Mar 2010, 07:56 am »
It's all good!  Don't apologize!  $100 is less than my cost on the Astron.  If you found a close-out on it or something similar I'd be the first to tell you to post info about it here so that all of our customers can benefit! 

Kustom55

« Reply #105 on: 14 Oct 2010, 04:56 pm »
 :o i just found three brand new Mean Well SP-750-24 power supplies.I believe they are Switching power supplies rated at 24v 31 Amps. Has anyone tried one of these?