Enjoy The Music - 'Superior Audio' - SWL 9.0SE Review!!!

modwright

The current issue of The Audiophile Voice has a great review of the SWL 9.0SE, by Bascom King.  Interestingly, he compares measurements between the Conrad Johnson ACT 2 and the SWL 9.0SE.

A new review by Wayne Donnelly will be in the Sept. issue of Enjoy The Musics - Superior Audio Publication.  The review will be up August 31st.  I am very excited that the SWL 9.0SE review is being showcased in the Superior Audio, as this is where gear that is deemed to be of exceptional merit is reviewed...apart from the standard equipment reviews.

Here is how Enjoy The Music Describes the 'Superior Audio' area:

"As part of Enjoy the Music.com™, the Superior Audio section includes reports on the finest new state-of-the-art audio products, recent technological advances, and key issues affecting high-end audio. Enjoy the Music.com™'s Superior Audio section feature many talented writers including Wayne Donnelly, Alvin Gold, Steven R. Rochlin and Rufus Smith. "

Wayne told me, after writing the review, that he requested the review to be published here because the product was THAT GOOD.

Thanks,

Dan W.[/img]

topster

Re: Enjoy The Music - 'Superior Audio' - SWL 9.0SE Review!!!
« Reply #1 on: 22 Aug 2005, 04:03 am »
Congrats Dan! Is the text available somewhere without subscribing? Don't see it in the bookstores around here...

Anyway, I just ordered an SE through Curt at Echo Audio, after demoing it for a week. Should be getting it any day now! Can't wait!

Cheers! :beer:

Gordy

« Reply #2 on: 22 Aug 2005, 04:18 am »
Hi Dan,

Are you sure the issue is out already?  My latest (fairly recent) arrival is Vol. 10, issue 6 and it didn't have the review in it!

Hi Topster, pm me your address if you like and I can send you a photocopy of the review once it arrives...  "The Voice" is pretty infamous with their actual publication schedule though, might be a bit.

Gordy

modwright

Reviews...
« Reply #3 on: 23 Aug 2005, 02:42 am »
Right on Topster, you will REALLY enjoy it!

The issue of The Audiophile Voice is Volume 11, Issue 1.

The Enjoy The Music review will be in the September issue - online.

I am honestly not sure where to buy The Audiophile Voice at the store, but I believe that you can go to their website and subscribe.  I am not sure what my legal rights are as far as reproduction.

Thanks,

Dan W.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: Reviews...
« Reply #4 on: 23 Aug 2005, 04:49 am »
Quote from: modwright

I am honestly not sure where to buy The Audiophile Voice at the store...
Might check Tower Records...their magazine racks. I've picked up copies there in the past. :)
    Congrats Dan...another excellent review... :thumb: [/list:u]

topster

Re: Reviews...
« Reply #5 on: 23 Aug 2005, 05:34 am »
Right on Topster, you will REALLY enjoy it!

Well, is mine done yet?!  :mrgreen:

modwright

SWL 9.0SE
« Reply #6 on: 23 Aug 2005, 04:51 pm »
I am not sure if Kurt is sending you a unit that he has in stock or if it is in his current order with us.  I actually sold all that we had on the shelves over the past couple of weeks and am waiting on power transformers to fill all current orders.  I expect to have them ready to ship in two weeks approx.

Thanks,

Dan

topster

Re: SWL 9.0SE
« Reply #7 on: 23 Aug 2005, 07:51 pm »
I am not sure if Kurt is sending you a unit that he has in stock or if it is in his current order with us.  I actually sold all that we had on the shelves over the past couple of weeks and am waiting on power transformers to fill all current orders.  I expect to have them ready to ship in two weeks approx.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan, should be in the current order. I ordered from Kurt last Wed/Thurs, and he didn't have any then. Oh well... guess I'll be waiting...

modwright

Wait is over...
« Reply #8 on: 26 Aug 2005, 05:32 am »
I have transformers now and can complete the preamps.  I will be filling Kurt's order next week.

We will have additional units ready to ship next week also.

Thanks,

Dan

topster

Re: Wait is over...
« Reply #9 on: 26 Aug 2005, 05:34 am »
I have transformers now and can complete the preamps.  I will be filling Kurt's order next week.

We will have additional units ready to ship next week also.

Thanks,

Dan

Woohoo!!!  :dance:

modwright

Superior Audio Review by Wayne Donnelly is UP!!!
« Reply #10 on: 31 Aug 2005, 04:04 am »
Link: http://www.enjoythemusic.com/superioraudio/

This is our best review yet and I think Wayne really sums things up well!

Dan

miklorsmith

SWEET
« Reply #11 on: 31 Aug 2005, 02:41 pm »
Congrats, Dan.  I'm glad I have mine, since they're bound to be in short supply.  I doubt Agon will be much help either, folks.   :D

jcoat007

« Reply #12 on: 31 Aug 2005, 04:01 pm »
It's nice to see recognition from the press, and especially nice to see this kind of glowing recognition.  

Congrats Dan!!!

modwright

Thanks guys!
« Reply #13 on: 1 Sep 2005, 03:25 pm »
The first two production runs are nearly sold and we are launching the third prodution run...this time of 100 units.

I appreciate the support!

Dan

alotaklipsch

Re: Thanks guys!
« Reply #14 on: 1 Sep 2005, 03:27 pm »
The first two production runs are nearly sold and we are launching the third prodution run...this time of 100 units.

Dan

Dan,

Whatabout little ol' me? :mrgreen:  8)  :o

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Re: Thanks guys!
« Reply #15 on: 1 Sep 2005, 05:55 pm »

Dan

If you get busy with another 100 SWLs, when are you going to do the phono stage? 8)  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)

modwright

SWL 9.0SE
« Reply #16 on: 2 Sep 2005, 03:11 am »
Steve, your unit is shipping tomorrow ;).

The phono pre is in the works too...don't worry :).

Thanks,

Dan

guest1632

Re: SWL 9.0SE
« Reply #17 on: 8 Sep 2005, 02:04 pm »
Steve, your unit is shipping tomorrow ;).

The phono pre is in the works too...don't worry :).

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan,

Read the excellent review. It looks like the only thing he could find wrong was the lack of being able to switch phase so music recorded out of phase could be corected? So is that something you will be working on? Also, if someone wants an extra set of tubes, can these be gotten through you?

Ray

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #18 on: 8 Sep 2005, 02:44 pm »
You earned and deserve that one Dan. nuff said.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #19 on: 8 Sep 2005, 02:46 pm »
Congrats on the great review Dan!

I know that if I needed a preamp, this would absolutely be on my short list.

George