Wife at RMAF

AB

Wife at RMAF
« on: 22 Sep 2007, 10:28 pm »
My wife tells me she will be attending RMAF with me this year.

I am not sure how I feel about this...

Would it be possible to have all price tags removed on Saturday and Sunday?

:duh:

Brad

Re: Wife at RMAF
« Reply #1 on: 22 Sep 2007, 10:30 pm »
Just tell her all the prices are in yen......

topround

« Reply #2 on: 22 Sep 2007, 10:34 pm »
My wife is going as well.
Maybe they could get together and find something to occupy themselves besides our crazy hobby

mike

AB

« Reply #3 on: 22 Sep 2007, 10:35 pm »
Just tell her all the prices are in yen......

I WAS going to tell her most Audio gear comes from Canada but that won't work these days.

AB

« Reply #4 on: 22 Sep 2007, 10:38 pm »
My wife is going as well.
Maybe they could get together and find something to occupy themselves besides our crazy hobby

mike

She digs the audio thing. It's just that  - ahem - certain, shall we say, facts have been omitted from our audio conversations.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #5 on: 22 Sep 2007, 10:40 pm »
Maybe all the wives can get together and go......shopping !!! :o

You guys better bring extra money..... :lol:

Big Red Machine

« Reply #6 on: 22 Sep 2007, 11:04 pm »
It's cheaper to keep your wife right by your side.  You're gonna do the hi fi stuff anyways, so why make it worse by sending her shopping!

Duke

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.audiokinesis.com
« Reply #7 on: 22 Sep 2007, 11:17 pm »
My wife will be workin' room 1100 with me, in case anyone wants to come by and introduce their wife to a woman who is into this high-end stuff too.

Duke

Big Red Machine

« Reply #8 on: 22 Sep 2007, 11:24 pm »
Well Mary Salk and my wife will be hanging in 1114 so that should work!!

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #9 on: 23 Sep 2007, 12:13 pm »
My wife tells me she will be attending RMAF with me this year.

I am not sure how I feel about this...

Would it be possible to have all price tags removed on Saturday and Sunday?

:duh:
I spotted this cartoon in the AC gallery....... 8) :lol:

Rashiki

« Reply #10 on: 23 Sep 2007, 05:03 pm »
In Canada, the dollar is affectionately known as the "loonie."

When they introduced the $2 coin, I was hoping the common slang for it would be "the doubloon", but most people seem to call it "the twonie". One suggestion was that it be called "the moonie" due to the picture of the queen on the obverse and the polar bear on the reverse. So you may ask why would that lead to the name "moonie". Well, it's got a picture of the queen with a bear behind.  :lol:

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #11 on: 23 Sep 2007, 05:57 pm »
Send your wife to the Great American Beer Festival and recommend that she samples as many vendors as possible.   aa

George

mgalusha

« Reply #12 on: 24 Sep 2007, 01:40 am »

Off topic, I still have the book this came from. Some of them are pretty damn funny and I don't think the audiophile sickness has changed much over the years. :)

Frihed91

« Reply #13 on: 25 Sep 2007, 05:12 pm »
My wife has much better hearing than i do and loves music.  I am the checkbook.  Hifi gear...shoes...wrinkle cream: I am the guy with the checkbook.  It ain't fair.

goldlizsts

• Let Music Flow!
« Reply #14 on: 25 Sep 2007, 06:38 pm »
It's cheaper to keep your wife right by your side.  You're gonna do the hi fi stuff anyways, so why make it worse by sending her shopping!

I read this thread with much amusement.  Either way (with you or away from you) the wife can spend $$ on the big-ticket items.  Who's going to pay?  It's not up to you sometimes.  Should have had this written into the prenupt!
« Last Edit: 26 Sep 2007, 12:33 am by goldlizsts »

martinr

« Reply #15 on: 25 Sep 2007, 09:30 pm »
My wife attended RMAF last year with me and will again this year.  Funny thing is last year I had no intention to buy anything, we walked into the Odyssey room together and an hour later walked out after purchasing an entire system.  - Best thing is it was her idea...of course once I saw she was interested I didn't hesitate to "wip out the plastic".  This year I am going with the intent to buy a new DAC......since its my idea will she agree?  If a man argues with his wife in a forest with no one else around - is he right?   :o

Odyssey stratos monos extreme SE, Odyssey Candela, Loreleis, CIA VDA 1 and VAC 1, Onkyo Integra 6 disc changer

Brian Walsh

« Reply #16 on: 25 Sep 2007, 10:52 pm »

Off topic, I still have the book this came from. Some of them are pretty damn funny and I don't think the audiophile sickness has changed much over the years. :)

It hasn't changed a bit, which is why I publish them in our newsletters, among others.