Record Storage

CIAudio

Record Storage
« on: 2 Feb 2020, 04:42 pm »
Our speaker cabinet maker has designed a versatile record storage system with unlimited configurations.
It starts with the RSB-1 Storage Box, fabricated from premium 3/4" Baltic Birch, these sturdy boxes hold about 100 records and come with a front cover (stowed in rear slot) for safe transport of your valuable collection. Whether taking records to a friends house, or organizing a 3000 LP collection, RecordStor has the solution for you.

Several side/top trim kits are available in a variety of finishes to complement your home furnishings. All RecordStor products are designed and manufactured right here in USA.
More photos coming soon!
« Last Edit: 2 Feb 2020, 05:48 pm by CIAudio »

CIAudio

Re: Record Storage
« Reply #1 on: 9 Oct 2020, 03:37 am »
RSB-1 Record Storage boxes are now shipping & On Sale!

Single box $119/free shipping

3-Pack $299/free shipping

https://ciaudio.com/product/recordstor-rsb-1-lp-storage-box
« Last Edit: 11 Oct 2020, 04:50 pm by CIAudio »

MikeInAustin

« Reply #2 on: 9 Oct 2020, 03:23 pm »
Was just googling record storage how cool.

I'm checking out with a couple of these in my cart and it's not giving me a free shipping option.  What's the secret handshake?

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #3 on: 9 Oct 2020, 03:35 pm »
These don't appear to be stackable, or at least I don't see how the front can slide if there is a unit on top.  Is there a different design for larger collections?

Craig B

« Reply #4 on: 9 Oct 2020, 04:52 pm »
I'm guessing the front enclosure is only used when transporting records in the box, to keep them from sliding/falling out. Otherwise it's stowed in a similar slot in the back, behind the permanent back. So stacking them shouldn't ever be a problem.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #5 on: 9 Oct 2020, 07:54 pm »
   Check out IKEA.
charles

Craig B

« Reply #6 on: 9 Oct 2020, 07:56 pm »
Though it's a little hard to tell from the resolution of the pics, the edges of the panels don't appear to be ply. Has he capped them with a thin piece of solid or veneer birch?

dpatters

« Reply #7 on: 9 Oct 2020, 08:19 pm »
   Check out IKEA.
charles

Plus one 👍

CIAudio

« Reply #8 on: 10 Oct 2020, 12:36 am »
Was just googling record storage how cool.

I'm checking out with a couple of these in my cart and it's not giving me a free shipping option.  What's the secret handshake?

Sorry, you need to enter coupon code SHIP4FREE at check out.

CIAudio

« Reply #9 on: 10 Oct 2020, 05:09 pm »
These don't appear to be stackable, or at least I don't see how the front can slide if there is a unit on top.  Is there a different design for larger collections?

They are stackable and connect together. There will be a variety of side/top kits for unlimited configurations.
More info coming soon!

As someone else mentioned, the covers are meant for transporting, not to be used for storage.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #10 on: 10 Oct 2020, 06:44 pm »
RS-1 Record Storage boxes are now shipping & On Sale!

Single box $119/free shipping

3-Pack $299/free shipping

https://ciaudio.com/product/recordstor-rsb-1-lp-storage-box?preview_id=1631&preview_nonce=55c5d19f88&_thumbnail_id=1716&preview=true

Curiously, I get a message telling me, 'I'm not allowed to preview drafts' when I click on the link. However, I partially deleted the URL link to "https://ciaudio.com/product/recordstor-rsb-1-lp-storage-box" which did allow me to see the page.
Michael

richidoo

« Reply #11 on: 10 Oct 2020, 08:47 pm »
I'm guessing the front enclosure is only used when transporting records in the box, to keep them from sliding/falling out. Otherwise it's stowed in a similar slot in the back, behind the permanent back. So stacking them shouldn't ever be a problem.

AHA! Thank you! I was wondering what that extra slot was for.   :duh:

CIAudio

« Reply #12 on: 10 Oct 2020, 09:23 pm »
Curiously, I get a message telling me, 'I'm not allowed to preview drafts' when I click on the link. However, I partially deleted the URL link to "https://ciaudio.com/product/recordstor-rsb-1-lp-storage-box" which did allow me to see the page.
Michael

Thanks, I fixed the link.
https://ciaudio.com/product/recordstor-rsb-1-lp-storage-box

CIAudio

« Reply #13 on: 12 Oct 2020, 02:36 pm »
Here is an example of what can be done.

Audiosaurusrex

« Reply #14 on: 12 Oct 2020, 02:50 pm »
This looks great. I’m looking at the 2- storage shelves with the rotation top. What would the pricing for that be?

CIAudio

« Reply #15 on: 12 Oct 2020, 05:49 pm »
This looks great. I’m looking at the 2- storage shelves with the rotation top. What would the pricing for that be?

Still working on pricing for various top/side kits. We hope to have this all available in the next couple of weeks.
Stay tuned!

CIAudio

« Reply #16 on: 12 Oct 2020, 05:58 pm »

« Last Edit: 21 Oct 2020, 02:52 am by CIAudio »