Bryston Headphone Interface

mkaiser

Re: Bryston Headphone Interface
« Reply #140 on: 6 May 2011, 06:09 pm »
Hi James,
Yes, i think most people interested in a component like this would appreciate it fitting in with the rest of their gear and having it match. You could offer 17" and 19" faceplate option.

Mark

Vipers

« Reply #141 on: 8 May 2011, 09:21 pm »

do you like the idea of matching a chassis size that we currently use?

james

Hi James,

Matching chassis size gets a thumbs up from me, but with the imminent headphone amp and BDP-1 HDD enclosure you'd better think about making a Bryston Step ladder so I can reach my TT  :)

A real newbie question here, news of the headphone amp as got me looking at getting either a pair of Sennheiser HD800's or the Grado GS1000I's, can I ask what improvements I'll get by using the headphone amp compared to just using the headphone socket on my BP26.

Thanks.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #142 on: 8 May 2011, 09:22 pm »
Hi James,

Matching chassis size gets a thumbs up from me, but with the imminent headphone amp and BDP-1 HDD enclosure you'd better think about making a Bryston Step ladder so I can reach my TT  :)

A real newbie question here, news of the headphone amp as got me looking at getting either a pair of Sennheiser HD800's or the Grado GS1000I's, can I ask what improvements I'll get by using the headphone amp compared to just using the headphone socket on my BP26.

Thanks.

Hi Vipers,

Mainly drive capability.

james

Vipers

« Reply #143 on: 12 May 2011, 03:18 pm »
I have a pair of Grados and AKG's.

James

Hi James,

In readiness for your headphone amp I've been researching headphones and seem to heading towards either the Grado GS1000i's or PS1000's, just wondering what model Grado's you have?

Any nearer a release date yet for the amp?

Thanks.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #144 on: 12 May 2011, 05:24 pm »
Hi James,

In readiness for your headphone amp I've been researching headphones and seem to heading towards either the Grado GS1000i's or PS1000's, just wondering what model Grado's you have?

Any nearer a release date yet for the amp?

Thanks.

Hi vipers,

I have the GS1000 and the SR125's

james

Vipers

« Reply #145 on: 12 May 2011, 09:44 pm »
Hi vipers,

I have the GS1000 and the SR125's

james

Thanks James, I take it you are happy with the GS1000's? and would recommend them, have you tried them on the Bryston headphone amp yet?

terrycym

« Reply #146 on: 13 May 2011, 08:14 am »
Hi James,

You said you ordered the HE-6 headphones a week or so ago.
Have they arrived yet and in which case, have you tried them with your new headphone amp?

Terry

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #147 on: 13 May 2011, 10:32 am »
Hi James,

You said you ordered the HE-6 headphones a week or so ago.
Have they arrived yet and in which case, have you tried them with your new headphone amp?

Terry

Hi Terry,

No they have not arrived yet.

james

terrycym

« Reply #148 on: 13 May 2011, 10:40 am »
Hi Terry,

No they have not arrived yet.

james

There was a review of them elsewhere.
They stated that the imaging was exception with a good "out-of-head" soundstage.
The deep bass was a bit lacking but the rest of the qualities made up for that.
They needed >> 100 hours of run-in and we pretty crappy straight out of the box.
They need quite a bit of driving and one for you James, come with a four pin XLR plug!!!

won ton on

« Reply #149 on: 13 May 2011, 12:59 pm »
new guy here. so if you are going to run a balanced line to a headphone amp are you running single ended to your speakers ? as my bp-26 only has one set of balanced out.by the way i've got a 4-bsst2,bcd-1 and bdac-1 also ,driving martin-logan aerius speakers.i;m looking to upgrade to salk speakers anyone have them in southern ont.

rob80b

« Reply #150 on: 13 May 2011, 05:51 pm »
new guy here. so if you are going to run a balanced line to a headphone amp are you running single ended to your speakers ?

Hi Won Ton On,

You should be using the tape outs, which I guess today should be called "pass-through" or "record-out" for those who have never used a tape deck; going from the pre-outs, balanced or unbalanced, adds an additional variable gain stage which increases the noise level and could overdrive your headphone amp.

Robert

won ton on

« Reply #151 on: 13 May 2011, 06:18 pm »
rob80b      well my bp-26 doesn't have balanced tape out either. so how is everyone running balanced to headphone amp.not with a bryston i guess.i'm going to get speakers first then a bdp-1 more than likely.have to wait for the headphone amp and phones till later. thinking about grado gs1000i,ps 1000's or sennhieser 800's maybe a graham slee amp or the bryston

rob80b

« Reply #152 on: 13 May 2011, 07:42 pm »
rob80b      well my bp-26 doesn't have balanced tape out either. so how is everyone running balanced to headphone amp.not with a bryston

Potential obstacle if you'd liked to run balanced, I'm currently running unbalanced tape out from my BP25P at the front of the room to a BR60 at the back of the room for headphone listening and surrounds direct from the blu-ray for the rear surrounds, so 2 sets of 25' unbalanced cable without problems, but balanced would be nice if running long cable lengths.

Robert

won ton on

« Reply #153 on: 13 May 2011, 08:14 pm »
rob80b     so what other equipment do you have      scott

rob80b

« Reply #154 on: 13 May 2011, 08:34 pm »
rob80b     so what other equipment do you have      scott

Hi Scott

Listed here.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=7227

Robert

won ton on

« Reply #155 on: 13 May 2011, 11:03 pm »
nice......  bryston 4bsst2 ,bp26mc,bcd-1,bdac-1,martin-logan-aerius.nak.zx-9.oracle delphi with linn ittok and supex mc. cartridge (in need of a major update )senn. 580 headphones black diamond racing cones and pits all around,furutech line cond.and power cords and cardas inter and speaker wire,thats what i have here. bryston stuff all new in 2010

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #156 on: 30 May 2011, 02:08 pm »
Hi Folks,

Latest pics of the new Headphone interface with a BP26/MPS-2

james
« Last Edit: 1 Jun 2011, 10:31 am by James Tanner »

skunark

« Reply #157 on: 30 May 2011, 08:42 pm »
Looks nice!    Seems the XLRs and the silk screening is swapped.
« Last Edit: 2 Jun 2011, 10:52 pm by skunark »

myview

« Reply #158 on: 31 May 2011, 03:47 am »
Hi James,

Have the HE-6 headphones arrived?  Have you tested them?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #159 on: 31 May 2011, 09:56 am »
Hi James,

Have the HE-6 headphones arrived?  Have you tested them?

Yes - they were a little bright sounding at first but are breaking in nicely.  Also have the top Grados coming.

james