Theme Gallery

bside123

Theme Gallery
« on: 11 Sep 2014, 08:19 pm »
With the recent flurry of driftwood pictures and beach photos on the "Picture of the Day" thread, I got to thinking perhaps a "Theme Gallery" might be a lot of fun. The Theme Gallery could be a place where a particular photo theme gets started and everyone can submit their photos on the respective theme, e.g., driftwood on beaches, sky, bridges, buildings, b&w portraits, planes, kids, etc. A theme can run as long as it has life, until someone spontaneously changes it and submits a photo in a new category... and then we all start chiming in again with our photos on the new theme. Kinda of like a late night poker game wherein it's dealer's choice. Anybody can jump in, and the ante is a photo in the theme category.

Let me start it off, and we'll see how this works:

Category - Fathers and Sons

Father and Son Muqaadim

Scott F.

Re: Theme Gallery
« Reply #1 on: 11 Sep 2014, 09:30 pm »
Here are a couple of my son and his son

This taken the morning he left for Afghanistan

..and another after he got back
kids and bubbles :thumb:

Scott F.

« Reply #2 on: 11 Sep 2014, 09:39 pm »
What a great day

gnuyork

« Reply #3 on: 11 Sep 2014, 10:34 pm »
With the recent flurry of driftwood pictures and beach photos on the "Picture of the Day" thread, I got to thinking perhaps a "Theme Gallery" might be a lot of fun. The Theme Gallery could be a place where a particular photo theme gets started and everyone can submit their photos on the respective theme, e.g., driftwood on beaches, sky, bridges, buildings, b&w portraits, planes, kids, etc. A theme can run as long as it has life, until someone spontaneously changes it and submits a photo in a new category... and then we all start chiming in again with our photos on the new theme. Kinda of like a late night poker game wherein it's dealer's choice. Anybody can jump in, and the ante is a photo in the theme category.

Let me start it off, and we'll see how this works:

Category - Fathers and Sons

Father and Son Muqaadim

Bside, great idea! I was actually thinking the same thing when the drift wood pictures showed up. Unfortunately I don't think I have any father and son photos at the moment to get started, but I look forward to contributing as this theme evolves.

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
« Reply #4 on: 11 Sep 2014, 11:13 pm »
Great idea!
Nice start!
Scott F, great pictures of your son and grandson. Really like the truck and Biplane shot. Waco,, right?

Guy 13

« Reply #5 on: 11 Sep 2014, 11:30 pm »
Hi all.
Great idea.
I will dig into my shoe box for some pictures on different subjects.
Thanks.

Guy 13

Scott F.

« Reply #6 on: 11 Sep 2014, 11:34 pm »
Yep, Waco. I think he said it was a 1943 they used as a trainer back in the big war. He uses it now for rides and stunt plane work. My wife got us plane rides for Fathers Day last year which is where the pic came from. When I saw the color scheme on the plane, I told the pilot he needed to let me on the tarmac with my truck. We both had the same paint colors, Wimbleton White and Rangoon Red.

bside123

« Reply #7 on: 12 Sep 2014, 12:59 am »
Yep, Waco. I think he said it was a 1943 they used as a trainer back in the big war. He uses it now for rides and stunt plane work. My wife got us plane rides for Fathers Day last year which is where the pic came from. When I saw the color scheme on the plane, I told the pilot he needed to let me on the tarmac with my truck. We both had the same paint colors, Wimbleton White and Rangoon Red.

Hey Scott... you and your boy are working the same scowl  :icon_lol: Nice pics.

Scott F.

« Reply #8 on: 12 Sep 2014, 01:12 am »
Yep, that was one of those "Hey, I'm going to take your picture...click...now smile!"

Oh well, let's just call it attitude instead  :duh: :lol:

bside123

« Reply #9 on: 12 Sep 2014, 01:15 am »
Here's another Father & Son Portrait to keep the ball rolling. This one was taken at small, community fair in Carbondale, IL.  BTW, the first portrait I posted was taken in the Chittagong District of Bangladesh.

Baby Wil and Daddy Cale

low.pfile

« Reply #10 on: 12 Sep 2014, 03:21 am »
bside123,

Great idea for a new thread in the Eye Fidelity!!

And I like your first theme too!

ed

Guy 13

« Reply #11 on: 12 Sep 2014, 10:09 am »
Hi all.
Great idea...

My son Daniel and me about 30 years ago,
when I was still young, handsome ( :lol: )
and financially much more wealthy than today.

Guy 13

bside123

« Reply #12 on: 12 Sep 2014, 10:09 pm »
Thanks for posting Guy 13. Beautiful shot of you and your son... yes, and handsome too!  8)

Let's keep the ball rolling. Aren't there more pics in your archives of Fathers and Sons?
C'mon guys, please pitch in regarding the theme, or somebody can always feel free to change the topic...

Nuri & Roland (Dad) getting ready to take off on a Ford Mustang Roller Coaster Car at a Dortmund, Germany Street Carnival

Ford Mustang Roller Coaster

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #13 on: 12 Sep 2014, 10:37 pm »
As it turns out, I do have a Father and Son photo.
I'm rarely seen in pictures. The primary reason is that I'm generally the one with the camera.
The secondary reason is that I'm not much to look at, and there's just no reason.  :lol:

Utah. Lake Powell 2010.
That's not me in the middle of a blink.... I'm actually enjoying life very much at this particular point in time.
My son is piloting the craft, the girls are in the front. Wifey has the camera and saw this opportunity to shoot a pic.
Notice the awesome background.

bside123

« Reply #14 on: 12 Sep 2014, 10:41 pm »
Bob, it is an awesome background, and what a great activity with your boy. That's awesome too!

The Fathers and Sons Theme doesn't necessarily have to be you and your son... it's just a theme to depict and give props to any Fathers and Sons in general.

Thanks for posting.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #15 on: 12 Sep 2014, 11:12 pm »
Indeed, thank you very much. I knew I didn't have any photos of other Fathers and Sons, let alone mine. Yet, alas, I did.

As I understand the reasoning behind a thread like this, is that the "theme" is allowed to run its course for a bit, then somebody comes along and changes it, but keeps a portion of the last theme in mind as they post.
That being the case, then here's a "Father and Daughter" photo:

bside123

« Reply #16 on: 12 Sep 2014, 11:32 pm »
Another nice one Bob... great family activities on the lake.

No, it is not necessary to keep a portion of the last thread for the new theme. The new theme can be totally and radically changed at anytime the group feels that the last theme has run its course. Since you've changed the theme...

The new theme is: "Fathers and Daughters" 

Here's a sweet one of Rafi and his Daughter, Aisha, in the Town Square Market.

Papa y Hija

gnuyork

« Reply #17 on: 13 Sep 2014, 01:00 am »

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #18 on: 13 Sep 2014, 02:52 am »

Scott F.

« Reply #19 on: 13 Sep 2014, 03:35 am »
Wedding Day