Seattle DIY Meet, August 27th

TerryO

Seattle DIY Meet, August 27th
« on: 28 May 2011, 01:20 am »
I'd like to announce that the Pacific Northwest Audio Society will be holding it's semi-annual DIY meet on Saturday, August 27th at the Church on Mercer Island.

I'll be adding additional details as I get the information, but if you have a special audio project that you're working on, this may be an incentive to get it done in time to display it at the meet.

Best Regards,
TerryO

TerryO

Re: Seattle DIY Meet, August 27th
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jul 2011, 08:15 pm »

Ok, folks,

It's been a very quiet here, I hope that means everyone's been busy with their projects.
 :nono:

I'm going to kick this into gear and we'll be adding additional information and getting the word out from now on. The event will have the doors opening at around 9:30 AM. Early birds will be drafted to help set up...after all this is a DIY event!
 :thumb:

Best Regards,
Terry

TerryO

« Reply #2 on: 1 Aug 2011, 10:16 pm »
I just realized that I haven't included an address for the location of the meet.

The DIY Meet will be held in the basement of the Church and is accessed from the lower parking lot. It's not too hard to find. The meeting will officially start at 9:30 am. BTW: It's free to the public.

Here's the address:

Mercer Island Congregational Church (in the basement)
4545 Island Crest Way
Mercer Island, WA 98040

Best Regards,
Terry

TerryO

« Reply #3 on: 14 Aug 2011, 01:22 am »
Another reminder. The DIY Meet is 2 weeks from today!
If you intend to bring stand mounted speakers you may want to bring the stands as well, although we may be able to cobble something together at the meet, however it may be less than optimal.

If you're planning on attending and especially if you will be bringing something, if you would raise your hand and let me know what your project(s) consists of, it would be appreciated and will make planning a little less hectic.

Hope you can make it!

Best Regards,
Terry

JakeJ

« Reply #4 on: 14 Aug 2011, 03:01 am »
Hi Terry,

I'm E. WA. and will try to to make the drive over as I've not been to this event before and it seems like a fun one, based on posts I've stumbled across in my web slogging.  I'll just be a spectator this time but it'll likely fuel some mad scientist project in the future.

JakeJ

TerryO

« Reply #5 on: 14 Aug 2011, 04:36 pm »
Hi Terry,

I'm E. WA. and will try to to make the drive over as I've not been to this event before and it seems like a fun one, based on posts I've stumbled across in my web slogging.  I'll just be a spectator this time but it'll likely fuel some mad scientist project in the future.

JakeJ

Hi Jake,
I hope you can make it to the meet.

One of the great things about these events is the the chance to meet and talk to other people about audio.  I've found that most DIY'ers are very eager to share information and technical data about their projects and quite often, the mistakes they've made. Most will explain how they would approach a similar project in the future to avoid those same mistakes, traps that may be encountered and many other issues that they've had to deal with.

Even ignoring all that, most DIY'ers are pretty interesting people and that isn't confined to just audio!

Best Regards,
TerryO

TerryO

« Reply #6 on: 24 Aug 2011, 07:35 pm »
Don't forget, the DIY Meet is this coming Saturday!

TerryO

« Reply #7 on: 26 Aug 2011, 11:28 pm »
Don't forget, the DIY Meet is this coming Saturday!

Last Reminder!
It's Tomorrow.
« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2011, 01:32 pm by TerryO »