Uninstall Squeeze Center And Install Slim Server

John151

Uninstall Squeeze Center And Install Slim Server
« on: 27 Jan 2008, 10:29 pm »
Long time PC user here who would like to switch back to the old version of the Slim Server on my Mac, but haven't a clue how to uninstall anything on a Mac .  Any pointers? 

Crimson

Re: Uninstall Squeeze Center And Install Slim Server
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jan 2008, 10:55 pm »
Uninstall? Go to your Applications folder (or where ever your Slim Server is located) and sloooooooooooowly drag it to the bottom right-hand side of your screen in to the trash can.

:D

(Seriously, applications and the OS are separate on a mac in the sense that they are not intertwined like the other guys stuff (no uninstall programs required)).

John151

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jan 2008, 12:14 am »
Uninstall? Go to your Applications folder (or where ever your Slim Server is located) and sloooooooooooowly drag it to the bottom right-hand side of your screen in to the trash can.

:D

(Seriously, applications and the OS are separate on a mac in the sense that they are not intertwined like the other guys stuff (no uninstall programs required)).

Thanks.  That's why the Mac is so hard to learn after using a PC - things are so simple that you would never even think of it. 

avta

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jan 2008, 12:39 am »
I use a program called AppZapper. ( www.appzapper.com ) It's quite inexpensive and easy to use. It finds all relevant files associated with the program you want to remove and lets you decide if you want to remove all or some of them. With Squeezecenter you can locate the start up icon in the Preference pane. If you right click it you will get a window to remove it. If you open the Mac Hard Drive and enter Slimserver in the search box and then hit enter you will see any related files. You can then right click them and choose " move to trash " then delete the trash by right clicking it and choosing " empty trash " Are you having trouble with version 7? I'm using it and like it.

John151

« Reply #4 on: 28 Jan 2008, 12:55 am »
No issues, I just want to standardize since I have a PC based server running 6.5.4, and a Mac based server running SqueezeCenter.  I prefer the original version, but it is not a big deal either way.