Anthem Mrx 720

truth58

Anthem Mrx 720
« on: 1 Sep 2023, 07:28 pm »
Can Dolby Atmos work with only five speakers? I watched a movie with only Dolby Atmos, and had no other way to change it on the receiver to anything else. Actually, it wouldn’t change to anything else It sounded horrible.

Phil A

Re: Anthem Mrx 720
« Reply #1 on: 2 Sep 2023, 01:37 pm »

WGH

« Reply #2 on: 2 Sep 2023, 03:19 pm »
Can Dolby Atmos work with only five speakers?

A lot of programs have Dolby Atmos content, if you don't have ceiling speakers or those Dolby enhanced speakers that face up and bounce the sound off the ceiling then the extra channels are blended into the surround speakers.

Anthem has a lot of set-up how-to videos on their website that will help.

Have you run calibration procedure with the microphone yet?

truth58

« Reply #3 on: 2 Sep 2023, 05:09 pm »
Thank you for your help!

truth58

« Reply #4 on: 2 Sep 2023, 05:22 pm »
I am sorry I didn’t answer your question. No, I haven’t ran the anthem calibration yet but I will today. I guess you can tell that I’m new at this. Lol

Phil A

« Reply #5 on: 2 Sep 2023, 05:27 pm »
I am sorry I didn’t answer your question. No, I haven’t ran the anthem calibration yet but I will today. I guess you can tell that I’m new at this. Lol

I sent you a PM with some additional info.

WGH

« Reply #6 on: 2 Sep 2023, 05:43 pm »
Type "anthem calibration" into your favorite search app, the results show a bunch of how-to tutorials, one video is an hour long.

A lot of fun settings to explore. The Input Menu enables each input to be named, source identified and if the Anthem Room Correction is either ON or OFF for that particular input.

https://youtu.be/7oViFRWnEhY

The Anthem YouTube Channel has short step-by-step videos to get you started
https://www.youtube.com/@AnthemAVTV

AllanS

« Reply #7 on: 3 Sep 2023, 01:38 pm »
Welcome aboard! 
I’m not the expert in the room so can’t offer any specific guidance.  In fact I’m in the middle of sorting out my kit and space. 
I have Dirac onboard my NAD AVR and understand ARC is highly regarded.  I’d only offer that any correction isn’t a panacea.  They are good, but only as good as the room will allow.  And be patient, which may be the hardest thing to do.
Good luck!