24bit FLAC on car stereo thread

StylinLP

24bit FLAC on car stereo thread
« on: 11 Oct 2012, 11:16 pm »
Has anyone been following the latest technologies of car stereo's, cell phones and formats? Everyone is saying that you can't play 24bit FLAC over a USB cable or BlueTooth (not that you would).

I assume you can over the mini cable. I havn't tried buying a high end audiophile min cable and do not know who sells them.

Any other idea's? What about Mirror Link coming to our Samsung Galaxy S3 phones and the new Sony 701HD car stereo with its 7" screen.

Anyone read or heard of something that will let us play our costly downloads from HDtracks.com?

StylinLP

Re: 24bit FLAC on car stereo thread
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2012, 06:20 pm »
Well, I found something that will "help" with one technology. Im going to place an order today since its on sale.

AUDIOQUEST - MINI-5 MINI PLUG TO MINI PLUG
http://www.musicdirect.com/p-74245-audioquest-mini-5-mini-plug-to-mini-plug.aspx

I checked out T-Mobile and Samsung website and found that Mirror Link will not be supported on the Samsung Galaxy S3 until November which is the same time that the new os Jelly Bean will be out in the United States.

sunshinetom

Re: 24bit FLAC on car stereo thread
« Reply #2 on: 13 Nov 2012, 07:07 am »
Has anyone been following the latest technologies of car stereo's, cell phones and formats? Everyone is saying that you can't play 24bit FLAC over a USB cable or BlueTooth (not that you would).

I assume you can over the mini cable. I havn't tried buying a high end audiophile min cable and do not know who sells them.

Any other idea's? What about Mirror Link coming to our Samsung Galaxy S3 phones and the new Sony 701HD car stereo with its 7" screen.

Anyone read or heard of something that will let us play our costly downloads from HDtracks.com?

i know a simple way to easily playback flac files on car stereo with high audio quality whatever the car stereo supports flac or not at http://www.bigasoft.com/articles/flac-car-stereo-solution.html