NuPrime Omnia S1 at Paris Audio Show, Oct 21-23

giordy60

Re: NuPrime Omnia S1 at Paris Audio Show, Oct 21-23
« Reply #60 on: 9 Apr 2019, 06:52 pm »
hi jason
will be two omnia in commerce? ... S1 and S2?
it's correct ?

giordy60

« Reply #61 on: 9 Apr 2019, 06:54 pm »
will the Wr100D no longer be produced?

goutamdev

« Reply #62 on: 9 Apr 2019, 09:29 pm »
I need one in London  - when will it be available?
Also, how’s Omnia S1 different from the raspberry pi3 chassis setup ? Just that it’s all pure assembled and pre loaded and not DIY?

Also would a Syology NAS with WR100 be a similar setup ?

Sorry for all the Qs - but looking for an elegant transport (media server and intuitive player) for my Ida-16 plus tannoy xt6f.

Cheers

Samoyed

« Reply #63 on: 10 Apr 2019, 02:29 am »
Innuous zen mini-with great software, too.

rustydoglim

« Reply #64 on: 12 Apr 2019, 12:23 am »
Many music server uses standard computing board (Raspberry Pi and Linux) with customised software and I/O board (for multiple digital outputs).  The Omnia S1 is optimised (in hardware) for server and renderer streaming of your music files. It has a customised ARM processor board with proprietary firmware and buffer.

Streaming service providers are leaning toward stopping support of device API (Spotify has stopped the support) to force customers to use their App. Omnia S1 is Android OS and all the popular streaming services App can run as-is, without the need for API integration or approval.

If you have your own music library, you can attach the hard drive to Omnia S1 and it will scan the drive when it is booted up the first time (there is an Admin web interface for re-scanning of the drive if you update the music). You can also stream from other DLNA client (smartphone with local music files) to Omnia S1. Use any of your favorite music player clients  (Bubble uPnP for example) to remotely access Omnia S1 music library.

If you want to run your streaming service (Tidal, Spotify, Qobuz etc) on Omnia S1, you would need to attach a display (a small LCD display typically cost $99) with mouse and keyboard to access the App to run it. If the streaming service App running on smartphone support re-streaming to DLNA receiver, then you can stream to Omnia S1 without the need to start the App on it.

If you don't care about running streaming App on Omnia S1, and optimizing performance is not the top priority, you can get the Raspbery Pi, Synology or other NAS as a cheaper media server.  We actually have a Raspberry Pi media server with linear power supply and power filter, built-in uDSD DAC and headphone amp available for a ROCK BOTTOM price of $250 !!!

Clearance sale at: https://nuoem.com/store/sales-promotion/nuprime-pi-9/

giordy60

« Reply #65 on: 16 Apr 2019, 10:03 am »
hello Jason, the Android App is the usual one?

or do you make another one?
from the app the tidal-qobuz choice is missing .....

....I find the D-streamer app very well made
which I use on the wr100-D

Shogun

« Reply #66 on: 12 May 2019, 02:05 pm »
Full production shipping mid May.  Production unit will be demo at high end show in Munich.
I will try to confirm the price and final spec by end of the week.

It's mid may,  can you confirm the final spec?

Is it possible to connect a external linear power supply? Seems to me, for the price, it come with a switching power supply.
« Last Edit: 12 May 2019, 03:54 pm by Shogun »

rustydoglim

« Reply #67 on: 2 Jun 2019, 07:31 pm »
We just completed the last portion of software debug.  I am sure people have been wondering why it took so long, seemingly never ending delay.  The main reason is that Omnia S1 is not just a single product, it is part of our streaming system where we have to consider:
1. What happen if customer messed with the custom Android OS (despite of our warning :)) and caused the server to crash?
A PC would be needed to reinstall the Omnia S1 firmware
2. How do we update various Apps (including new streaming apps) that are on Omnia S1?
The admin page has a button to do that.
3. How does user recan hard drive music, reset music database, reboot server, change server and renderer name ?
All done from a single admin page.

How do we upgrade the Omnia S1 ?
Future update might include fast CPU, newer OS version and improvement in custom audio device driver.
We will provide special upgrade price for existing customer to replace the OS board.

Earlier in the year we have been testing and fixing bugs in the hardware, server and renderer.  And then finally we moved on to implementing and testing administrative functions. I am relieved to have completed the administrative features testing last week.

The shipping date should be mid July.  We have authorised the production.

simon740

« Reply #68 on: 17 Jul 2019, 01:24 pm »
Hello,

any news?

regards,
Simon

rustydoglim

« Reply #69 on: 25 Jul 2019, 05:22 am »
Shipping in 2 weeks.  Final assembly now.
Here's the final manual https://www.dropbox.com/s/abz545lu9wiboqk/Omnia%20S1%20Manual.docx?dl=0

simon740

« Reply #70 on: 25 Jul 2019, 07:36 am »
So, no USB audio out? :?

rustydoglim

« Reply #71 on: 25 Jul 2019, 09:41 am »
It is a customized Android hardware and firmware, and the focus is on the I2S output and server/renderer performance.
And the ability to run streaming Apps on the device without using a phone.

We could release a Linux version with USB audio output but that's a low priority. There are too many media servers out there with USB audio output.

reillyzing

« Reply #72 on: 25 Jul 2019, 09:57 am »
Is native DSD possible aside from I2S output? My DAC is the NuPrime DAC-10H, which has no I2S.
If I'm running HQPlayer from a desktop pc, what are my options?

simon740

« Reply #73 on: 25 Jul 2019, 10:10 am »
It is a customized Android hardware and firmware, and the focus is on the I2S output and server/renderer performance.
And the ability to run streaming Apps on the device without using a phone.

We could release a Linux version with USB audio output but that's a low priority. There are too many media servers out there with USB audio output.

this is true, but in my case...I have Nuprime DAC 9...
It will be nice to have usb out for best sq

left channel

• Everyone wants to date my avatar
« Reply #74 on: 25 Jul 2019, 11:36 am »
What is the internal DAC? The manual does not include this information. ESS? AKM? Cirrus? Something else?

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #75 on: 25 Jul 2019, 05:14 pm »
What is the internal DAC? The manual does not include this information. ESS? AKM? Cirrus? Something else?

This was covered in an earlier post (I believe). The S1 does not include a DAC. The not yet available S2 will include a DAC.

Michael

left channel

• Everyone wants to date my avatar
« Reply #76 on: 25 Jul 2019, 05:24 pm »
This was covered in an earlier post (I believe). The S1 does not include a DAC. The not yet available S2 will include a DAC.

Michael

Ah, I see, only digital outputs. I was seeing what I want to see rather than what's actually there. Sorry.

Oh well. Then as a streamer that requires an external DAC, this product without USB out makes no sense to me.

Having said that, I wish you good luck, NuPrime.

rustydoglim

« Reply #77 on: 25 Jul 2019, 09:07 pm »
Omnia S1 is a niche product, targeting users who want to have a music server & renderer but also run streaming apps on it.
Streaming services have been abandoning hardware device side API and want to take control of the user experience.
By having a customised Android hardware, we can run the streaming apps on it.

We have done side by side comparison of Omnia S1 streaming the same music file as CDT-8 and it sounded just as good.

The core Android board is designed to be replaceable so that customer can upgrade as we bring out better performance on hardware and firmware. If we bring out Omnia S2 (the one with internal DAC), it will take more time and doesn't serve existing customers.  When Omnia S2 comes out, existing S1 customers can upgrade the little board with better performance and keep their existing DAC-9.  New customers would buy Omnia S2 with stereo amp.

slash71

« Reply #78 on: 26 Jul 2019, 06:51 am »

Streaming services have been abandoning hardware device side API and want to take control of the user experience.
By having a customised Android hardware, we can run the streaming apps on it.

Really  ?  all streaming App use streaming API to connect services.  No API,  No Party !! :)