LGKs Finished and Onward!

BlindFalcon

LGKs Finished and Onward!
« on: Today at 06:45 pm »
I finally got the time to finish the LGK 2.0s.  I ended up finishing them the same way I did the Encores, so black cherry I guess.  I placed them on top of the Encores to do a side by side (top to bottom?) comparison. 

Do they sound good?  I guess the best way to explain it is, my wife came in and asked which speakers were playing.  It was the LGKs, but it was a vocal where they shine.  And to be honest, they do sound good, but it's an unfair comparison with the Encores.  So I moved them to where they belong, the desktop system, and used the Vidar as an amp.  These little speakers really to like some power and I feel like they need to be driven pretty hard even in near field listing, although they do seem to be opening up.  I think I may move them farther away and add a sub, even if just for the exercise.

So where to next?  I already bought the Double Trouble subs and I'm really looking forward to hearing the Encores with expanded bass.  I'm also looking forward to finishing them differently, veneer?  And I may continue with more Schiit, add another Vidar so I have something to run the "listening room (living room) system," and the desktop system for now, then purchase a Freya and run them as mono blocks when the double troubles are finished.  Or, maybe it's time to rethink the front end.  I'm guessing once the double troubles are finished I'll carry on in the GR Research ecosystem with a pair of NX Studios.  So, any ideas are appreciated.  I'm really enjoying this hobby and I'm learning a lot!