RIAA Stage for the Cornet

amandarae

« on: 23 May 2004, 10:29 pm »
Hello,  

I want to know what RIAA stage level wasimplemented in the Cornet circuit design.  Is it first, second, or third order?

Thanks

hagtech

« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2004, 12:17 am »
Cornet uses all first order RC filters for poles and zeros.

jh :)

amandarae

« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2004, 01:21 am »
Thanks Jim!  So it is a first order Bezel function.

Doc Jr 8156

« Reply #3 on: 24 May 2004, 01:29 am »
Amandarae,
Why all of a sudden this question?  Ha, ha, ha!  I have the Cornet, you can listen to it and compare.  Thanks for the tubes.

Doc Jr 8156

Stage of RIAA for the Cornet
« Reply #4 on: 24 May 2004, 01:40 am »
Hi Jim,
How many stages the Cornet's RIAA has?  Is it true that an RIAA using less than 3 gain stage cannot be as accurate than one with it?  What is the difference with an active RIAA and a passive RIAA, noise and performance wise?  Thanks.

amandarae

« Reply #5 on: 24 May 2004, 03:48 am »
Doc,

Not 3 gain stages but I think 3 stages of using the Bezel function to plot poles and zeroes for the filters(RIAA cicuit) so as to get as accurate as possible for the frequency curve and weighing of the signal.

I ask Jim because I am curious if it is true that RIAA uses several stages or not.  I heard your Cornet!  I know what it sounds.   It sounds great IMHO!  But to each his own.

BTW, I was not aware that you are following the Supratek thread at Audiogon :)  Why? :?:

Doc Jr 8156

« Reply #6 on: 24 May 2004, 03:05 pm »
Amandarae,
Supratek thread in A'gon?  No idea.  I was just reding about the new phono I will get.  You can check it out too if you want and I'll PM you which one.  Thank you.

amandarae

« Reply #7 on: 24 May 2004, 06:36 pm »
It is not the phono preamp bro!  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:

Move your concern elsewhere  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen: