Fuse upgrades

Dishman442

Fuse upgrades
« on: 17 May 2018, 05:48 pm »
Has anyone tried upgrading fuses?  I’m asking the question then standing WAY over here in case people start throwing rocks. :)

AlTran

Re: Fuse upgrades
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2018, 05:51 pm »
I was thinking about that but knowing the number of fuses required for each Odyssey Audio gears, I decided to give up the idea.

OSIB16

« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2018, 06:13 pm »
Yes. I upgraded all my fuses to Solid Silver Hifi Tuning. Big improvement. I could EASILY notice the increase in terms of holographic 3D sound. There is a 20% improvement.

Has anyone tried upgrading fuses?  I’m asking the question then standing WAY over here in case people start throwing rocks. :)

Wind Chaser

« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2018, 06:27 pm »
I’ve had my doubts and reservations but 3 months ago I bought one of those premium fuses and last night I finally got around to installing it in my DAC. It’s not an Odyssey product but the difference this tiny little fuse made was undeniably very real and positive.

MONKEYWICKEDMONKEY

« Reply #4 on: 17 May 2018, 06:50 pm »
I've read about fuses improving the sound, but how does this happen?

What is it about a particular fuse that adds/subtracts from the over all sound?

Dishman442

« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2018, 06:58 am »
I know an amp manufacturer in Colorado who doesn’t believe electronics improve with break in time, but they do. I couldn’t tell you why for the life of me, but I hear it. Klaus may have thoughts on this.

Power cables, interconnects, you can hear those changes too. I haven’t done much research on fuses, but even in my ignorance it wouldn’t shock me to hear a difference there too. System resolution plays into this - LO-FI gear won’t be as obvious, maybe nothing audible at all.  People in the hobby running Odyssey gear are not LO-FI...

Sad to say, I was drug kicking and screaming to the concept that you can hear everything. Improved feet on your gear, spikes, speaker stands, racks, and damnit, dedicated AC lines, improved recepticles, the list never ends. The changes you hear may not be worth the cost, and some changes make it worse, but you can always hear it. Ugh.  :duh: