New to Macs, Audio recordings

chgolatin2

New to Macs, Audio recordings
« on: 17 Feb 2008, 09:17 am »
I am really impressed with apple products that I may not ever go back to a regular PC.  Anyway, I am trying to record all of my Cd's  on Hard Drive, wondering if itunes has any specific recording settings that I cant find?  I guess my question is what bit recording are my Cd's being recorded 128bits or ????   :scratch:

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

navi

Re: New to Macs, Audio recordings
« Reply #1 on: 17 Feb 2008, 11:11 am »
go to your preferences for itunes > click on "advanced" >adjust settings in the menu. (for an exact copy go AIFF)

Ivan

jaywills

« Reply #2 on: 17 Feb 2008, 12:59 pm »
iTunes>Preferences (under "iTunes" drop-down menu)>Advanced>Importing.  Be sure to check "Use error correction when reading audio CD's."  In "Playback" in the iTunes Preferences, make sure the "Sound Enhancer" and the "Sound Check" selections are NOT checked.  This will prevent iTunes from "making your files sound better."  Enjoy.  Cordially,

Crimson

« Reply #3 on: 17 Feb 2008, 02:11 pm »
iTunes>Preferences (under "iTunes" drop-down menu)>Advanced>Importing.  Be sure to check "Use error correction when reading audio CD's."  In "Playback" in the iTunes Preferences, make sure the "Sound Enhancer" and the "Sound Check" selections are NOT checked.  This will prevent iTunes from "making your files sound better."  Enjoy.  Cordially,

Absolutely. And, as mentioned in the prior post, select Apple Lossless at a minimum if you are planning to use the ripped music for playback through your stereo. If you're ripping for portability (iPod), you could potentially use a compressed format to fit more of your collection on the device.

The Computer Audiophile

• Computer Audiophile
« Reply #4 on: 18 Feb 2008, 12:58 am »
I put together an article a little while ago with some screenshots that may help you. Here is the link: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/node/255

chgolatin2

« Reply #5 on: 18 Feb 2008, 02:03 am »
Wow, thanks Computeraudiophile!   :thumb: