2-Channel needs a new moderator

Carlman

2-Channel needs a new moderator
« on: 18 Jan 2007, 06:12 pm »
Based on various factors, I am stepping down as moderator of 2-channel.  I will stay an active member of AC, though. 

So, we need a new moderator!  Please volunteer by contacting JohnR by PM if you are interested.

Thanks,
Carl

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: 2-Channel needs a new moderator
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jan 2007, 07:19 pm »
Carl....
Thanks for your time in as the Two Channel moderator..... :thumb:

Chris

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #2 on: 18 Jan 2007, 08:28 pm »
Carl,

You did a great job on a circle that is the busiest on AC.  Now you can post away with the time saved from not having to monitor circles.  Fire away.  :lol:

TheChairGuy

« Reply #3 on: 19 Jan 2007, 07:04 pm »
Carlman, you will be missed, my man.

Guys, many of us have always thought of the aims of Two-Channel Circle and Audio Central to be too closely related.  So, we've gonna' archive (close) Two Channel and just leave Audio Central as the main posting place.

It's less to manage for us (the mods) and less for you (as members) to review to see what you've been missing when you check back to AC.

You can post everything you've loved to post at 2 channel previously, merely do it in Audio Central now.

Many thanks,

John / TCG

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #4 on: 19 Jan 2007, 07:11 pm »
I am not opposed to this, but I do think we should remember that Two Channel has its own concept - Two Channel as opposed to 2.1, 3.1, and on up the scale. Two Channel means the ancient and wise concept of Stereo, two main speakers and thats it, as opposed to other setups including Multi Channel for SACD, etc.

TheChairGuy

« Reply #5 on: 19 Jan 2007, 07:14 pm »
Yes, good point(s).  Not every post bound for Two Channel previously is applicable to Audio Central.  As with all topics, choose your board wisely to have most membership to comment upon it.

PaulFolbrecht

« Reply #6 on: 20 Jan 2007, 03:48 pm »
Yes, thanks for you time, Carl.

Hopefully somebody will step up!  I'd love to but I know I just can't commit the time.

brashgordon

« Reply #7 on: 25 Jan 2007, 05:11 am »
 :(

Sad to see this circle tossed to the side ....

I think I'll buy a new 7.1 system at Circuit City .... NOT !!!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

SET Man

« Reply #8 on: 25 Jan 2007, 05:25 am »
:(

Sad to see this circle tossed to the side ....

I think I'll buy a new 7.1 system at Circuit City .... NOT !!!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Hey!

Whoa! you are right the 2 Channel Circle is not in Other Stuff But the Multichannel Circle is still around.....  not good :evil:

There are probaly more 2 channel stereo people here on the AC than multi-channel people. :?

Oh! well.... good thing there is still Audio Central Circle  :icon_lol:

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #9 on: 25 Jan 2007, 05:32 am »
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=3.0  ....if you need to find it. :thumb:

TheChairGuy

« Reply #10 on: 25 Jan 2007, 06:17 am »
2 channel and Audio Central were always too closely intertwined...consolidating ain't a bad thing to do when you can.  If you're a two channel guy (as I am), there is Audio Central, all the Critic's Circles for gear specific comments and other places where you can place your passion for it.  It doesn't need to be addressed directly...anymore than a 'Tubehead Circle' would do so for those that love thermionics

Again, consolidation is good especially in light of new enhancements/circles we expect to add in the next several weeks on AC (hint hint  :drool:)

John / TCG