DAC/Streamers

bacmsl

Re: DAC/Streamers
« Reply #20 on: 1 Jul 2019, 02:09 pm »
Yes I remember the same thing that JT made mention of a new DAC/Pre, so that is another reason that I have held off on a purchase to see what new product that Bryston came out with. I like my Bryston sound

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #21 on: 2 Jul 2019, 05:56 am »
BDA-2 and BDP-2.

But if Bryston made a BDA/BDP combo unit, I'd certainly prefer that (assuming no compromises in quality).

sfraser

« Reply #22 on: 3 Jul 2019, 02:17 pm »
Yes, and Yes. All my streamers are squeezebox's,  some are real squeezebox's , and some are Pi H/W and squeezebox MAX2Play  S/W . If it is Squeezebox H/W I usually use the built DAC, if it is Pi H/W then I use a Benchmark DAC1, or the the HighFi Berry DAC card/Digital out to the onboard DAC on my surround sound processor.

Scott

Krutsch

« Reply #23 on: 9 Jul 2019, 05:15 pm »
I have both options:

1) BDP-1 --> DAC --> pre-amp

2) Bluesound Node 2i --> Headphone amp

FWIW, I think a BDP/BDA combo would be very attractive, but I would worry about the price (i.e. the BDP-3 + BDA-3 == $$$ outside of my budget).

Now, a BDP-Pi + DAC combo... that I would be all over.

schmidtmike76

« Reply #24 on: 16 Jul 2019, 12:33 pm »
Pi and BDA-3

nwmatt

« Reply #25 on: 17 Jul 2019, 12:11 am »
wadia di122  bryston bdp -1

vonnie123

« Reply #26 on: 14 Aug 2019, 05:53 am »
System 1:  BDP-1, Wyred 4 Sound DAC, 2nd streamer, Sonore microrendu

System 2:  BDP-1, Benchmark DAC3 HGC

I had purchased an Auralic Polaris (Streamer/DAC/amp) earlier in the year but had issues with the amp section and returned it.

gbaby

« Reply #27 on: 27 Aug 2019, 08:04 pm »
I own the Bryston BDP3 and the BDA3, separates. Together, they make music sound like a reel to reel. :thumb:

MoPac

« Reply #28 on: 27 Aug 2019, 09:18 pm »
 I still have the BDP-2 + PSAudio PWD II.  My desire to simplify and have all codecs supported got me interested in Lumin.  Now I have a Lumin T2.  Still love the BDP-2 which is used in a different system.  The BDP-2 is also being used as a share for Bluesound devices.  Only problem I have with the BDP as a NAS for Bluesound, is BluOS does not index the M3U playlists in the BDP.

My ultimate device would be an integrated with built in streamer.  Can't find anything like that with the capability to play 24/384, DSD 512 & MQA.

NekoAudio

• Industry Participant
    • Neko Audio LLC
« Reply #29 on: 28 Aug 2019, 02:08 am »
My ultimate device would be an integrated with built in streamer.  Can't find anything like that with the capability to play 24/384, DSD 512 & MQA.
I think the Matrix Element P does what you're looking for, feature-wise. You'd have to make your own judgement about the sound character/quality. Your high sample-rate and native MQA requirements cut out all the other options I'm aware of.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #30 on: 28 Aug 2019, 10:59 am »
How about a BDA-3 DAC combined with a PI digital player/streamer in a single chassis?

james

schmidtmike76

« Reply #31 on: 28 Aug 2019, 12:53 pm »
James do it and take it the the next level.  Elimination of a AES or USB cord done right.  Blow our socks off

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #32 on: 28 Aug 2019, 02:08 pm »
How about a BDA-3 DAC combined with a PI digital player/streamer in a single chassis?

james

If that's the case, I'm glad I bought the -3.
 I like lots of connections, AES, etc. and separates. Noise free. Max flexibility for multiple players upstream.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #33 on: 28 Aug 2019, 04:04 pm »
James do it and take it the the next level.  Elimination of a AES or USB cord done right.  Blow our socks off

Hi Mike

Not sure I understand - elimination of AES or USB?

james

Stu Pitt

« Reply #34 on: 28 Aug 2019, 04:42 pm »
Hi Mike

james
Meaning one wouldn’t need a cable to connect the Pi to the BDA. It’s all one unit.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #35 on: 28 Aug 2019, 05:26 pm »
Meaning one wouldn’t need a cable to connect the Pi to the BDA. It’s all one unit.

Ah - thanks for the clarification. :duh:

james

schmidtmike76

« Reply #36 on: 28 Aug 2019, 06:02 pm »
Hi Mike

james
one box solution means eliminating cords.  I think it’s a fantastic idea.

zoom25

« Reply #37 on: 28 Aug 2019, 06:14 pm »
I like the idea of all in one box if it can match or exceed the current SQ. Furthermore, throw network fiber input on it like Lumin did on their recent model. No more having to worry about differences in cables or digital connections or external noise. All units sounding the same. No further experimentation required.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #38 on: 28 Aug 2019, 06:24 pm »
  James you can call it DACeiver.

charles

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #39 on: 28 Aug 2019, 06:26 pm »

james

...James, this is what Bryston should do anyway! Go combined instead of always offering separate products. You guys can do it - no doubt about it. As i said already a few times before: Not EVERBODY wants/needs a box and a box and a box....give them finally the unique Bryston sound quality in a single chassis! More options. More ideas. More fun.

al.